What do you think of those who say the mark of the beast will be the covid vaccine?

• Thread starter Thread starter ellam25
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not possible to take the Mark of the Beast in ignorance. Those who do so will be openly declaring their allegiance to the Antichrist. The original Greek uses the word “charagma,” which means a tattoo or brand, something clearly visible on the person’s skin, identifying him with the name of the Beast or the number of his name.
Yeah, this all assumes that Revelation is referring to the end of the world rather than to events in the author’s time. Big assumption on the part of everybody who insists on interpreting Revelation that way. Catholic Answers apologists don’t interpret it that way.
People obviously like looking for esoteric clues in Revelation. Probably never going to stop them doing that, but it’s not necessary for Catholics to buy into their interpretations.

Last edited:
The Church also teaches repentence, we can be great sinners worshipping and idolizing evil. We can repent and return to the love of God and drop our evil sinning ways and return to worshipping God alone. This is the Sacrament of Reconcilliation, returning to the love of God.

Well, if it does refer to something in the Roman Empire, that would be the libelli. In that regard, the Church has condemned as heresy the position of the Donatists that apostates were not to be admitted to Penance under any circumstances. The Church does not despair of the salvation of those who lapsed under persecution, but rather implores them to repent and make a good Confession, that God will restore them to grace.

It would be a shame for people to read this thread and believe their current or past
The Church teaches that those who worship the beast will not be saved. That’s pretty easy given that the beast is obviously evil; those who worship evil will not be saved. The Church does not teach that those who do are all getting a mark.
worship of other then God is the endgame, the door closer. We must always qualify this with the Word

Jesus Begins His Ministry

Mark 1:14** Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand;e repent and believe in the gospel.”

I get people asking this a lot, and we see questions like this on the forum

Repent , repent, repent, the message of Jesus

Last edited:
Hi thank you for the reply! I have heard rumors that they will make the vaccine mandatory if you want to travel etc. But that’s just speculation 🙂
Also is your real name Zaccheus? My son’s name is Matthias the last deciple chosen to replace Judas and I just found out that he was actually Zaccheus!
Zaccheus is not my real name. I just liked it as a screen name.
Zaccheus who was willing to climb a tree for a glimpse of Jesus. Zaccheus the despised but honest man. Zaccheus who gave half of all he had to the poor because Jesus was kind to him.

In scripture, the mark of the beast is a visible mark that everyone can see. COVID is an infection, not a mark.

Thank you, sir. Love that. I can’t wait until churches open up again.

But is there something dogmatic saying that people won’t be forced to receive a mark? I have seen videos from multiple Catholic apologists saying that people may be forced to take a mark, but we don’t know for sure.
It [i.e., the second beast] forced all the people, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to be given a stamped image on their right hands or their foreheads, so that no one could buy or sell except one who had the stamped image of the beast’s name or the number that stood for its name. Wisdom is needed here; one who understands can calculate the number of the beast, for it is a number that stands for a person. His number is six hundred and sixty-six.
Then I looked and there was the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.

Rev. 13:16-14:1

What Revelations describes is pretty clearly a mark that differentiates those belonging to the Lamb and those belonging to the Antichrist. It isn’t something picked up accidentally, without knowing what it is.

Jeff Cavin’s course on Revelation was a great course. In his interpretation, and he is no bible-dummy, the approach (he believes in) is the “Idealist” approach, whereby that the book is symbolic of the drama depicting purely spiritual realities rather than historical events and can be applied to every age. This is versus the other three approaches:

Historicist: events of Revelation are fulfilled throughout the centuries
Preterist: the majority of the events happened in the lifetime of the book’s author
Futurist: none of the events have yet happened

According to Catholic teaching, the events that happened in the past at the time that the Apocalypse was written were figures of the end times.
According to some Catholics this is the case. We are not required to believe that Revelation is telling the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back