What is Christ's Church?

  • Thread starter Thread starter skeptictank
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy Carson;1827867:
Okay.

The church Jesus established was based on anyone who believed in Him and turned from sin and followed Christ. That person can be sitting in any pew/chair around the world:thumbsup:
Above I gave you what a member of the church must believe. It really is that simple:thumbsup: Us humans reall like making things difficult for ourselves, maybe that is why God made it so simple. Although, obeying God is difficult.😦
Yes and the unity is what I mentioned above.👍
:yup: You got it right, sister!!! Hence, that is why we are ALL brothers and sisters in Christ. 😃
 
Well that is almost true. The Apostles taught them so they could start a church in their town. They stayed with the Apostles teachings YES but they did start their own church based on their teachings and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Obviously as time as played out different ideas and doctrines have made it into churches. I wish we had never split but it is history now and we need to cope with it.😦
“Go, make disciples of all nations.” 👍
 
Well, since I seem to keep getting the boot before I can post my replies I am going to keep this short. I had a bunch of Scripture verses to prove that the Holy Spirit does indeed reside in all believers.

I’ll just put up one for now…1 Corinthians 6:19

If one does not have the Holy Spirit inside of them they have no right to proclaim themself to be Christian.
 
Well, since I seem to keep getting the boot before I can post my replies I am going to keep this short. I had a bunch of Scripture verses to prove that the Holy Spirit does indeed reside in all believers.

I’ll just put up one for now…1 Corinthians 6:19

If one does not have the Holy Spirit inside of them they have no right to proclaim themself to be Christian.
Right on! 👍
 
Well, since I seem to keep getting the boot before I can post my replies I am going to keep this short. I had a bunch of Scripture verses to prove that the Holy Spirit does indeed reside in all believers.

I’ll just put up one for now…1 Corinthians 6:19

If one does not have the Holy Spirit inside of them they have no right to proclaim themself to be Christian.
Amen I agree with you…
The Holy Spirit does reside in all believers.

The problems is who says that it really is the Holy Spirit and not just ego or pride or sinful humans just saying their opinion.
See some unitarians would claim they are Christians…
There is the problem…

I agree with you and believe that the Holy Spirit resides in all true believers, but I also believe that many are decieved.
We each then can claim the other is deceived but that might be for another thread, as the only consensus I can find is that unity in non-catholics resides in claiming that they are non-catholic, and true Christians.

In Christ
Scylla
 
You make some good points Scylla. Yes indeed the Holy Spirit resides in all believers. And since the Holy Spirit resides in all believers He also leads us into all truth.

But I wasn’t addressing whether we are doing something out of our own pride, ego, etc. I was concerned that some people “appeared” to believe that Christians do not have the Holy Spirit residing in them. Scripture, as we both agree, would prove this false.
 
“Go, make disciples of all nations.” 👍
And which church does that? Presbyterian? (Scottish and descendants only) Anglican? (English and descendants/colonies only) Calvinist? (Dutch and descendants only.) The Greek Orthodox Church? (Greeks only.) The Russian Orthodox Church? (Russians only.)

Oh, wait. The Catholic Church does that! 👍 (The word “Catholic” means “world wide” or “universal.” Every part of the world has its own Catholic Bishop, including places like Antarctica and the moon that don’t have people living there, yet. If anyone ever moves there, the Catholic Church is ready for them. 😃 )
 
And which church does that? Presbyterian? (Scottish and descendants only) Anglican? (English and descendants/colonies only) Calvinist? (Dutch and descendants only.) The Greek Orthodox Church? (Greeks only.) The Russian Orthodox Church? (Russians only.)

Oh, wait. The Catholic Church does that! 👍
Hi,
So do all of the other denoms:thumbsup: So what is your point?:confused: I was preached the gospel by my sblings and we were not raised in a CC. I was saved at a baptist church.👍
 
And which church does that? Presbyterian? (Scottish and descendants only) Anglican? (English and descendants/colonies only) Calvinist? (Dutch and descendants only.) The Greek Orthodox Church? (Greeks only.) The Russian Orthodox Church? (Russians only.)

Oh, wait. The Catholic Church does that! 👍 (The word “Catholic” means “world wide” or “universal.” Every part of the world has its own Catholic Bishop, including places like Antarctica and the moon that don’t have people living there, yet. If anyone ever moves there, the Catholic Church is ready for them. 😃 )
You are incorrect. Christ was instructing the apostles to tell everyone about Him and about the Father.
We are instructed to do the same in our daily lives. Christianity would live on in each of us. We don’t need a physical church to survive.
 
The same way you tell what church to belong to. If they’re saying the Truth (going by the Bible), then they are right in God’s eyes. As long as what they say and do does not contradict scripture, then they are right. 👍
Even if they totally contradict each other? Isn’t there an objective standard of truth?
Just look at the fruits of their church. If they are right, they will be true Christians, as the Bible explains, especially in Hebrews 13. 🙂
Mormons appear to have all the fruits of the spirit; are they Christians?
:nope: No, not at all. In fact, the scriptures warn about those who think they can call on the name of Jesus to be saved. You can’t just pretend to care. You have to BELIEVE in Him and in His Word, and then live your life accordingly.
The teachings of the apostles are VERY important!!! 🙂 Since they walked with Jesus Himself, I can imagine that they knew Him the best. I trust wholeheartedly what they had to say, especially Peter and John.
Well, then, shouldn’t we all be members of the Church that actually teaches all of what they taught? Doesn’t “believing” imply believing everything they say?
 
**Oh, wait. The Catholic Church does that! (The word “Catholic” means “world wide” or “universal.” **

Of which yours truly is a part of…according to Scripture. I am Protestant catholic. I am in the Church. To say that I am not in the Church is to call Jesus a liar and me a non-Christian. That is all there is to it. :amen:
 
Hi,
So do all of the other denoms:thumbsup: So what is your point?:confused: I was preached the gospel by my sblings and we were not raised in a CC. I was saved at a baptist church.👍
Yes, Baptists preach to Americans - and if they go out of the US, the first thing they do is teach the people how to read English, and how to do things the American way. And they are certainly not world wide.
 
**Mormons appear to have all the fruits of the spirit; are they Christians? **

Is this the kind of question a Christian would ask? No Baptist would ever ask this, that’s for sure.

The answer: no. They display the counterfeit fruit. Everyone loves people (out of their fleshly nature) but the fruit of the Spirit, Love, is only given to Christians. Mormons are not Christians. All Christians know this.👍
 
**Oh, wait. The Catholic Church does that! (The word “Catholic” means “world wide” or “universal.” **

Of which yours truly is a part of…according to Scripture. I am Protestant catholic. I am in the Church. To say that I am not in the Church is to call Jesus a liar and me a non-Christian. That is all there is to it. :amen:
Me too, :bounce:
 
Yes, Baptists preach to Americans - and if they go out of the US, the first thing they do is teach the people how to read English, and how to do things the American way. And they are certainly not world wide.
Absolutely untrue! What was the Catholic method of “mission work” a few hundred years ago?:rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top