J
jmcrae
Guest
At least half of the how-many-dozens (or hundreds, or even thousands, some say) of Protestant denominations (including Mormonism, the Seventh Day Adventist Movement, and Oneness Pentecostalism, who can’t even agree on what species of creature Jesus is) rely on the same translation of the Scriptures as the High Anglicans (our “nearest cousins” so to speak; they believe in everything we do except for the Papacy) - the King James Version.Because scripture is the only thing solid and concrete to refer back to when Jesus’ teachings are talked about. The scriptures are Christ’s infallible words.
As far as the different interpretations go, you have to expect that since the Bible has been translated a few times over the years.![]()
So, no, the variety of interpretations is not caused by the variety in translation.
Furthermore, we Catholics use several different translations just within our own Church (I’ve got three different Catholic translations on my shelf, and I know of at least three others that are also available), without ending up with several different interpretations, so I don’t think translation is really that much of an issue, here.