What is Christ's Church?

  • Thread starter Thread starter skeptictank
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
But who’s to say who’s right and who’s wrong? Only God knows really, right?
And God has already told us. All the signs are there. It’s a city up on a hill that does not hide it’s Christ Light from the world. It’s physically resting on the bones of Peter - “where the Bishop (Peter) is, there is the Church.” (St. Ignatius of Antioch, 110 AD) “Thou art Rock and upon this peter I shall establish my Church,” said Jesus (Matthew 16:18)
 
It IS logical and if the CC today was the same CC before 800 A.D., I would trust her interpretation of scripture. Since she had two divisions since then, she’s not the same church that influenced the composition of the Bible.
If it isn’t the same Church, then Christ’s promise to protect it “for all ages” has failed. Do Christ’s promises fail? (If they do, then no denomination of Christianity will do - we have to become Jewish.)
 
The very first Church was Jesus and the Apostles. As far as buildings go, I suppose the house of Mother Mary would have been the first actual building used for Christian worship on a regular basis.
Hi,
I thought there was mention of the first church in the bible? Im just not sure where? Although I suppose it might be in Acts.

Where was this Mother of Mary church building and when was it established or built?
 
And God has already told us. All the signs are there. It’s a city up on a hill that does not hide it’s Christ Light from the world. It’s physically resting on the bones of Peter - “where the Bishop (Peter) is, there is the Church.” (St. Ignatius of Antioch, 110 AD) “Thou art Rock and upon this peter I shall establish my Church,” said Jesus (Matthew 16:18)
I agree that’s how it started. It’s just not that way anymore. :nope:
 
If it isn’t the same Church, then Christ’s promise to protect it “for all ages” has failed. Do Christ’s promises fail? (If they do, then no denomination of Christianity will do - we have to become Jewish.)
:hmmm: makes you wonder then whether or not the CC is the church Jesus was talking about. Because Jesus can not lie it leads me to believe then the Church are probably the people who believe in Christ and what He did and follow Him, which would be the Body of Believers which are all over the world PTL:thumbsup:
 
Hi,
I thought there was mention of the first church in the bible? Im just not sure where? Although I suppose it might be in Acts.

Where was this Mother of Mary church building and when was it established or built?
I suppose that Joseph must have built it for her, when they were engaged to be married. It’s not there any more.

A friend of mine tells me that angels transported it to Loreto when the Muslims tried to burn it down one time. I have no idea if that’s true, but it is true that there is a little Israelite house sitting in the middle of a church in Loreto - strangest thing, and they have no idea how it got there, since it can’t fit through any of the doors there. People go on pilgrimages to see it.
 
If it isn’t the same Church, then Christ’s promise to protect it “for all ages” has failed. Do Christ’s promises fail? (If they do, then no denomination of Christianity will do - we have to become Jewish.)
No, Christ’s promise did NOT fail. The invisible church still stands strong! 👍
 
I suppose that Joseph must have built it for her, when they were engaged to be married. It’s not there any more.

A friend of mine tells me that angels transported it to Loreto when the Muslims tried to burn it down one time. I have no idea if that’s true, but it is true that there is a little Israelite house sitting in the middle of a church in Loreto - strangest thing, and they have no idea how it got there, since it can’t fit through any of the doors there. People go on pilgrimages to see it.
Wow–that would be cool to see. Too bad it is such a dangerous area to visit.😦
 
:hmmm: makes you wonder then whether or not the CC is the church Jesus was talking about. Because Jesus can not lie it leads me to believe then the Church are probably the people who believe in Christ and what He did and follow Him, which would be the Body of Believers which are all over the world PTL:thumbsup:
And if we limit it to those who actually believe things that are true and actually do the commands of Jesus, and eliminate all of the “make it up as you go along” people, then we’re back to the Catholic Church. 😉
 
And if we limit it to those who actually believe things that are true and actually do the commands of Jesus, and eliminate all of the “make it up as you go along” people, then we’re back to the Catholic Church. 😉
Well, I do all those things and I have never been catholic in the sense of the RCC. I would say I am part of the universal church of believers.👍 If that is what you are referring to:D
 
Well, I do all those things and I have never been catholic in the sense of the RCC. I would say I am part of the universal church of believers.👍 If that is what you are referring to:D
Maybe you are already a Catholic and you just don’t know it yet. 👍
 
Maybe you are already a Catholic and you just don’t know it yet. 👍
HEHE I cant be catholic because I havent received the sacrements.😉
Your statement brings up something Ive been thinking about. Although it may be off topic. Since I am a true believer in Christ then by God’s standard I should be welcomed into the church and be able to take communion immediately. But, not according to the CC. God’s commands were not as strict as the CC ares to be part of the One True Church.😦 I just dont get it.:confused: In Acts the Apostles preached the Gospel people heard it, believed it, repented, were baptized and bam they were part of the church and had communion with each other. All Peter did was preach the Gospel and 3000 were added to the church. I just dont understand all the extra rules.:confused:
 
I agree that’s how it started. It’s just not that way anymore. :nope:
How do you figure? Please use some actual facts that show the Catholic Church today is not the Catholic Church of A.D.800.
:hmmm: makes you wonder then whether or not the CC is the church Jesus was talking about. Because Jesus can not lie it leads me to believe then the Church are probably the people who believe in Christ and what He did and follow Him, which would be the Body of Believers which are all over the world PTL:thumbsup:
You shouldn’t wonder too long about it. History easily points to the Catholic Church as being the Church that Christ established. On top of that in another thread you agreed with me that the Catholic Church was the only one that didn’t waiver in it’s moral and ethical stance. (Remember?)

Also, to say that Christ protected the “body of believers” from error and not the Church should be just as easy to disprove as there is no unity in doctrine among the “body of believers” while there is and has always been within the Church.
 
HEHE I cant be catholic because I havent received the sacrements.😉
Your statement brings up something Ive been thinking about. Although it may be off topic. Since I am a true believer in Christ then by God’s standard I should be welcomed into the church and be able to take communion immediately. But, not according to the CC. God’s commands were not as strict as the CC ares to be part of the One True Church.😦 I just dont get it.:confused: In Acts the Apostles preached the Gospel people heard it, believed it, repented, were baptized and bam they were part of the church and had communion with each other. All Peter did was preach the Gospel and 3000 were added to the church. I just dont understand all the extra rules.:confused:
The “rules” are there for your edification and protection, and for the protection of the deposit of faith (among other reasons)…also the Church is far larger now than it was then, with much more confusion within Christianity as well.

Remember the kingdom of heaven is like an acorn…does it stay an acorn, or does it become an oak tree?
 
But who’s to say who’s right and who’s wrong? Only God knows really, right?
"He who hears you, hears Me, and the one Who sent Me…

and he who rejects you, rejects Me…"

Jesus was talking only to the 12, not all his followers, and certainly not all the break-aways from the Catholic Church.

.
 
On top of that in another thread you agreed with me that the Catholic Church was the only one that didn’t waiver in it’s moral and ethical stance. (Remember?)
Yes and I still agree with that but that doesnt mean they havent changed or maybe I should say added doctrine/dogmas over the years:(
Also, to say that Christ protected the “body of believers” from error and not the Church should be just as easy to disprove as there is no unity in doctrine among the “body of believers” while there is and has always been within the Church./
QUOTE]The CHURCH is the body of believers:thumbsup: 😃
 
The “rules” are there for your edification and protection, and for the protection of the deposit of faith (among other reasons)…also the Church is far larger now than it was then, with much more confusion within Christianity as well.

Remember the kingdom of heaven is like an acorn…does it stay an acorn, or does it become an oak tree?
Hi,

I do unsterstand what you are saying.😃 However, the bible tells us to put on the Armor of God in Ephesians 6. That is my protection.😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top