D
Dorothy
Guest
I believe what the Church teaches with all my heart. I don’t feel the need to “test” or “question” it. I am not a youngster and have read and studied about the Catholic Church all my life. (and pondered the objections of others as well.) I definitely believe what the Church declares as dogma because I believe in the divinely appointed Magisterium.Dorothy,
I guess this is off topic but my main concern with tradition and your church’s claim to infallibility is, how do you know that what your church teaches is true? How do you test what the church says and determine whether or not it’s true? If your church says Mary was assumed into heaven or Mary was sinless and declares it as dogma, you are no longer allowed to question that are you? How do you know tradition hasn’t perverted the word of God?
I believe that Tradition (with a capital “T” I must add) does not pervert the word of God because when the teaching authority of the Church declares something I believe it is the Voice of Christ speaking.
It makes perfect sense to me that Scripture needs an interpreter so that there will be no misunderstanding or disunity in belief.
Thank you for asking, God bless…