What is wrong with kissing the Qu'ran?

• Thread starter Thread starter OneAugustKnight
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Koran denies that Jesus is the Son of God, it denies the Holy Spirit, it denies the Resurrection. There is nothing holy in the Koran.
If Pope Benedict kissed the Book of Morman there would be outrage I would hope]. Would a Muslim leader kneel before the Holy Eucharist? I don’t think so.
When you say “nothing holy” do you mean that there is no truth in it?

I believe that the Koran says that Jesus was a prophet but not God, and the God of Abraham created the earth and I think that they accept the Immaculate Conception. That’s probably about it. If you are implying that it is worthy of a “kiss”…absolutely not!

I believe that the Koran says that Jesus was a prophet but not God, and the God of Abraham created the earth and I think that they accept the Immaculate Conception. That’s probably about it. If you are implying that it is worthy of a “kiss”…absolutely not!
I’m not implying anything. I simply asked if there was truth in it since you found nothing holy.

Let’s look at what Fulton Sheen has to say about this. This whole thing is worth a read but I’ll just post somethings. It may very well
It is our belief that this will happen not through the direct teachings of Christianity, but through a summoning of the Moslems to a veneration of the Mother of God.
The Koran, which is the Bible of the Moslems, has many passages concerning the Blessed Virgin. First of all, the Koran believes in her Immaculate Conception, and also, in her Virgin Birth. The third chapter of the Koran places the history of Mary’s family in a genealogy, which goes back through Abraham, Noah, and Adam. When one compares the Koran’s description of the birth of Mary with the apocryphal Gospel of the birth of Mary, one is tempted to believe that Mohammed very much depended upon the latter. Both books describe the old age and the definite sterility of the mother of Mary. When, however, she conceives, the mother of Mary is made to say in the Koran; “O Lord, I vow and consecrate to you what is already within me. Accept it from me.”
When Mary is born, the mother says: “And I consecrate her with all of her posterity under thy protection, O Lord, against Satan!”
The Koran passes over Joseph in the life of Mary, but the Moslem tradition know his name and has some familiarity with him. In this tradition, Joseph is made to speak to Mary, who is a virgin. As he inquired how she conceived Jesus without a father, Mary answered: “Do you not know that God, when He created the wheat had no need of seed, and that God by His power made the trees grow without the help of rain? All that God had to do was to say, ‘So be it, and it was done.’”
The Koran has also verses on the Annunciation, Visitation, and Nativity. Angels are pictured as accompanying the Blessed Mother and saying: “Oh, Mary, God has chosen you and purified you, and elected you above all the women of the earth.” In the nineteenth chapter of the Koran there are 41 verses on Jesus and Mary. There is such a strong defense of the virginity of Mary here that the Koran, in the fourth book, attributed the condemnation of the Jews to their monstrous calumny against the Virgin Mary
Many of our great missionaries in Africa have already broken down the bitter hatred and prejudices of the Moslems against the Christians through their acts of charity, their schools and hospitals. It now remains to use another approach, namely, that of taking the 41st chapter of the Koran and showing them that it was taken out of the Gospel of Luke, that Mary could not be, even in their own eyes, the most blessed of all the women of Heaven if she had not also borne One who was the Savior of the world.

I think it’s the Virgin Birth they believe in, not the Immaculate conception. I don’t think the Qu’ran says anything about orginal sin. The philosophy of Islam is not very deep.

A HOLY book is one that is inspired of GOD himself. You can have religious & profound spiritual books, but they are not HOLY books. A Missal is not a HOLY book.
Most Mathematics & Physics books are glutted with TRUTH but they are in no way HOLY.
“Nothing holy about it” would refer to the Source being man, not GOD.
The Quran was written out of the limited mind of a Arabic Tribesman in the 7th century. Therefore, it is not HOLY at all.

Islam “by the book” has the sole objective of replacing the Christian, indeed ALL civilizations by any means that is, that the end DOES justify the means, and install a primative form of tribal based Nazism under the guise that “God said so, so you cannot question our beliefs or our tactics”.

My name for it is Satan’s Designer “religion of Death”. In other words, he has a special devotion to Islam.

Again, that is “by-the-book-Islam”, all deviations into peaeful co-existence are apostate.

Kissing the quran or any other form of outward affection just adds credence to this plague on civilization.

This event happened in 1999, didn’t it? The late Holy Father has been dead for over 2 years, God rest his soul. Why the question?

This event happened in 1999, didn’t it? The late Holy Father has been dead for over 2 years, God rest his soul. Why the question?
Because living horses tend to object more strenuously to being beaten than do dead ones.

I do believe it was more than just respect. I believe it may have been an acknowledgement that Muslims believe they worship the God of Abraham, as do we.

And I do not believe that is a sin.
The God of Abraham is a Trinitarian God. The God of Islam is a NON-Trinitarian God. Same as an Idol of a single pagan God.
There is NO likeness at all.

They use Abraham to give credence to their idol and give an ancient flavor to their 7th century “religion”.

I don’t think anyone actually believes that John Paul II secretly became a muslim.

A HOLY book is one that is inspired of GOD himself. You can have religious & profound spiritual books, but they are not HOLY books. A Missal is not a HOLY book.
Most Mathematics & Physics books are glutted with TRUTH but they are in no way HOLY.
“Nothing holy about it” would refer to the Source being man, not GOD.
The Quran was written out of the limited mind of a Arabic Tribesman in the 7th century. Therefore, it is not HOLY at all.
This is why I asked, T.

Let’s get this straight. The people of North Africa deny that Jesus is God. They are kicked out of the Catholic Church. We will call them heretics. So, they start a new religion called Islam, which is similar to the Catholic religion. They create a new book called the Koran which they use instead of the Bible.

Then the head honcho of the Catholic kisses the book of the heretics.

Isn’t there something wrong here?

Let’s get this straight. The people of North Africa deny that Jesus is God. They are kicked out of the Catholic Church. We will call them heretics. So, they start a new religion called Islam, which is similar to the Catholic religion. They create a new book called the Koran which they use instead of the Bible.

Then the head honcho of the Catholic kisses the book of the heretics.

Isn’t there something wrong here?
He was in a diplomatic meeting. They hand him a book that he can’t read. He says thank you by kissing the book.

When John XIII kissed Archbishop Iakovos in 1959 it didn’t mean he was subscribing to Greek Orthodoxy, he was just being polite. JPII did the same thing, he was just being polite.

And all of you people saying they worship a different God, take a philosophy class. Insofar as they believe there IS a God, they understand a Truth about God. It does not mean there is another god out there. Insofar as they deny things like the trinity, that means they don’t understand some of God’s qualities. Insofar as they affirm truths about the Creator and about the universe, they are correct. When they depart from what is known through the Church, they are incorrect, but it doesn’t mean they worship an imaginary entity. That’s just a silly and illogical conclusion.

He was in a diplomatic meeting. They hand him a book that he can’t read. He says thank you by kissing the book.

When John XIII kissed Archbishop Iakovos in 1959 it didn’t mean he was subscribing to Greek Orthodoxy, he was just being polite. JPII did the same thing, he was just being polite.

And all of you people saying they worship a different God, take a philosophy class. Insofar as they believe there IS a God, they understand a Truth about God. It does not mean there is another god out there. Insofar as they deny things like the trinity, that means they don’t understand some of God’s qualities. Insofar as they affirm truths about the Creator and about the universe, they are correct. When they depart from what is known through the Church, they are incorrect, but it doesn’t mean they worship an imaginary entity. That’s just a silly and illogical conclusion.

The above is not a valid comparison. The Greek Orthodox do not deny Christ — as our Lord, God and Savior.

The above is not a valid comparison. The Greek Orthodox do not deny Christ — as our Lord, God and Savior.
No, the point is valid, you just missed it. The point is that kissing does not mean worship or conversion or approval or acceptance. It’s a just a social custom to show courtesy.

No, the point is valid, you just missed it. The point is that kissing does not mean worship or conversion or approval or acceptance. It’s a just a social custom to show courtesy.

Nope–kissing a person as a greeting is not the same as kissing an anti–Christ gospel. Frankly—if I were Orthodox–I may just consider it offensive to be compared to the anti-Christ gospel.

Because living horses tend to object more strenuously to being beaten than do dead ones.
:rotfl: :rotfl: Maybe it’s time to turn this dead horse into glue or dog meat.

It happened. It’s over, happened over 8 years ago. JPII is dead. Let God sort it out with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back