V
Valke2
Guest
I’m partial to Holst’s “The Planets” and Mussorogsky’s (sp?) ‘Pictures at an Exhibition.’
anything by domenico scarlatti or j.s. bach. i also like john dowland as a composer. honorable mentions go to beethoven, mozart, chopin and rachmaninoff. oh and avro part.What classical music peice do you guys like and who is your favorite musician?
15-16 hours, more or less, depending on the conductor.
- And although I think Wagner had a lot of evil traits, I love his biggie, Der Ring des Nibelungen. 20 plus hours of really good story and music.
It doesn’t matter whether your violin teacher is Jewish or not. Otto Klemperer was Jewish, too. And so was Gustav Mahler. Both were major Wagner conductors.You can tell that to my violin teacher who is Jewish.
The roots of Nazism are this:
Eugenics
The Volkischer and Pan-German mvts
The Occult
German anti-semitism
Russian anti-semitism
THE WAGNERIAN Bayreuth Cult
The Thurle Society
Your musical judgement leaves much to be desired.I don’t think Wagner’s opera’s are very good. Too pagan. I’ve played the violin parts to those things, the music stinks to high heaven. Hitler of course love those opera’s.Wagner was pretty much everything a person shouldn’t be. Not to mention he was an adulterer.
Oh yes, I fell in love with Rossini when I played (in orchestra) the Theiving Magpie (La Gazza Ladra)What classical music peice do you guys like and who is your favorite musician?
Right now I think Rossini might be my favorite. I like his The Barber of Seville Overture and The theiving Magpie Overture.

what was immoral about mozart’s private life? just curious what you’re referring to.Oh yes, I fell in love with Rossini when I played (in orchestra) the Theiving Magpie (La Gazza Ladra)Gosh I haven’t listened to him in a while, I think I’ll go pop him into the CD player!
After playing that piece I also fell in love with the L’Italiana in Algeri Overture–especially the first fast part–it just has so much JOY in it! This is definitely my “feel good” CD!
I also love Smetana’s Ma Vlast pieces as well as some piano concertos (Nos. 2&4, mostly) by Camille Saint-Saens. He (S.S.) was a very conceited individual, but I still love his music! When I was younger I actually gave up some of these CDs for Lent and it was a VERY hard Lent for me!!!
I am biassed against Mozart and Wagner, though. It’s sort of like seeing a really good movie but knowing that the main actor is living a very immoral life in real life. It just sort of takes away from it, and you can’t get really into the movie thinking they’re the hero. I was also devastated to learn that Smetana died of syphillis, I believe. But by the time I learned that I was already too much in love with his music for it to have too much of an effect. I pray for all of their souls!![]()
LOLKill the Wabbit.
I’m not referring to immoral behavior but rather the political convictions of both of those men. Actually, I’m not too familiar with their private lives. I just mentioned the analogy to the immoral actors to try to explain why some people don’t love Mozart as much as they would if he had been more Godly.what was immoral about mozart’s private life? just curious what you’re referring to.
The Jupiter was given the name to that symphony because of the frequent banging of the Timpani. The nickname came long after Woflie had died.Mozart’s Jupiter Symphony is my favorite single piece. It always gives me chills when I hear it. My favorite classical musician is probably Arthur Rubenstein (pianist)
I took piano for years growing up…I would have to say Debussy is by far, my fave composer. I also love Bach–hands moving so fast, and the sounds are so rich…the whole Baroque period is so…filled with majesty and richness. It’s like eating a filling piece of rich chocolate cake–while Debussy, is like a light creme brulee.What classical music peice do you guys like and who is your favorite musician?
Right now I think Rossini might be my favorite. I like his The Barber of Seville Overture and The theiving Magpie Overture.
What a difficult question. My husband and I do this all the time to each other.What classical music peice do you guys like and who is your favorite musician?
Right now I think Rossini might be my favorite. I like his The Barber of Seville Overture and The theiving Magpie Overture.