Are you sure there were no ‘lone wolves’? What about this quote, from Luke, chapter 9:
Good point. Passages such as that one maybe are put there to humble those of us who try to limit God’s freedom to use his power among whomever He pleases. I can fall into that sometimes. But I didn’t deny that Protestants can drive out demons, or do a great many things in Jesus’ name, only that they (and I think you know this from the context of what I was saying) should not start their own churches. If they do, they ARE against them, the Apostles.
Paul speaks of wolves in Acts 20:29: “I know that when I am gone, savage wolves will come among you who will not spare the flock. From your number (
Christians), men will present themselves distorting the truth and leading astray any who follow them.”
To the OP: In order to ensure you are not being a ‘savage wolf’ or a ‘lone wolf’ or, I think in your case, a ‘lone sheep’ who was taken from the Lord’s flock by no fault of your own, just become Catholic. In RCIA (Catholic training) class you will hopefully learn much better than we could teach you on here, and you will be with other adults with questions as well. From there you can just keep it simple. Go to Church, listen to the Holy Spirit, read the Bible, join a Catholic club if you want (St. Vincent de Paul, Legion of Mary, Opus Dei, etc.). Over time, like all of us, the many teachings of the Church become clearer. You don’t need to know them all at once, but you should never hesitate to look to the Church for answers. The more people we have struggling to understand and trying to live a Catholic life, the more the answers are revealed in our very successes and mistakes, and the questions of what we need to believe and why cease to be stumbling blocks for us. They become the carrots in front of our noses (if you like carrots) that Jesus allows us to gobble up if we only would walk a mile with Him.
Patrick