.What the Bible Really Says on Homosexuality in 5 Quotes. A short article

• Thread starter Thread starter mdgspencer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not private at all. There are many outspoken homosexual people-in their words and actions. PDA, talking about your sex life and/or promoting and being in a “gay marriage”, these are not private things.

What the bible really says on fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, boy prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, slanderers and robbers.

Why just pick one of those?
Because folks generally are in agreement that the others are bad, but society tends to want to hold up homosexual acts as some sort of modern virtue, I guess?
It’s interesting though because the science behind addiction has grown tremendously, the psychology of it is so complicated that nowadays alcoholism is not so much looked down upon as pitied. As it should be given the science behind it.
Sure, but we’re not standing up and proclaiming alcoholism as a societal good. Which, as it turns out… 😉
And society including some Christians (and Catholics even) have no problem with contraception or sex outside marriage which involve very many more people.
“Contraception”? Move the goalposts much, eh?

And, although there are many cases of extra-marital affairs, they’re still generally looked down upon in polite society. So, why “single it out” if it’s already generally accepted as immoral?
And if you notice, most bible passages regarding homosexuality concern male homosexuality. As do most posts. Why do you think that might be?
Red herring.
And I would think that STDs in the general population are a problem that is massively larger than any problems that male homosexuals might suffer.
On a per capita basis? That seems unlikely. Nevertheless, if you have any data to back up your intuition, perhaps you might consider sharing it?

They are not private at all. There are many outspoken homosexual people-in their words and actions. PDA, talking about your sex life and/or promoting and being in a “gay marriage”, these are not private things.
There’s more talk and discussions about sex than you could poke a stick at. But I would say that if you know a gay couple then you’d know as much about their sex life as you’d know about anyone else’s.

I think Corinthians covers about 90% of the population with numerous sins. Why pick out homosexuality?
Because it is easier to condemn those who commit sins we wouldn’t commit then condemn those who commit sins we can (and probably have) commit.

48.png
Freddy:
What the bible really says on fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, boy prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, slanderers and robbers.

Why just pick one of those?
Because folks generally are in agreement that the others are bad, but society tends to want to hold up homosexual acts as some sort of modern virtue, I guess?
And society including some Christians (and Catholics even) have no problem with contraception or sex outside marriage which involve very many more people.
“Contraception”? Move the goalposts much, eh?

And, although there are many cases of extra-marital affairs, they’re still generally looked down upon in polite society. So, why “single it out” if it’s already generally accepted as immoral?
And if you notice, most bible passages regarding homosexuality concern male homosexuality. As do most posts. Why do you think that might be?
Red herring.
And I would think that STDs in the general population are a problem that is massively larger than any problems that male homosexuals might suffer.
On a per capita basis? That seems unlikely. Nevertheless, if you have any data to back up your intuition, perhaps you might consider sharing it?
I’m not moving goalposts. I’m pointing out that there are a lot more than one pair. And I’m not talking about infidelity. Just old fashioned sex between people who are not married.

And the ‘red herring’ is simply a point to ponder.

And a huge problem doesn’t become something to ignore because hey, on a per capita basis, one group has more of a problem. And for males yet again.

48.png
Freddy:
Let me know when the problem with the beam has been rectified.
Depends on what offense is the beam.
Do you know how many Catholics use contraception and have sex outside of a marriage? Do you know how many think there’s no problem with ssm? Do you know the largest group by religion that has abortions?

Let me know when the problem with the beams has been rectified.

Do you know how many Catholics use contraception and have sex outside of a marriage?
I am willing to bet money those same Catholics don’t give a crap about what the Church teaches on ssm. Next question.
Do you know the largest group by religion that has abortions?
Again, many who do these abortions have already gone against most Catholic teachings.
Let me know when the problem with the beams has been rectified.
So that the mote, or in this case, spear, can be stuck?

Last edited:
48.png
Freddy:
Do you know how many Catholics use contraception and have sex outside of a marriage?
I am willing to bet money those same Catholics don’t give a crap about what the Church teaches on ssm. Next question.
Do you know the largest group by religion that has abortions?
Again, many who do these abortions have already gone against most Catholic teachings.
I believe they are still all Catholics. Are they not?

It would seem that you have many problems in-house that you could be concentrating on. We can talk about casting stones as well as beams and motes if you like.

So we ignore the faithful Catholics, becuase they are all Catholic?
It would seem that you have many problems in house that you could be concentrating on.
God has given a mandate to the Church to preach the Gospel to all creation. Also, a child who uses this argument with a parent doesn’t win.

The Catholic Faith is not defined by those who do not practice it. Baptism makes one a member of the Church; it doesn’t confer voting rights as to the contents of the Deposit of Faith, which was handed down from Jesus to his apostles and to their successors. If they do a bad job of passing it on, that’s a dereliction of duty. but it doesn’t change the Faith.

48.png
Freddy:
So we ignore the faithful Catholics, becuase they are all Catholic?
It would seem that you have many problems in house that you could be concentrating on.
God has given a mandate to the Church to preach the Gospel to all creation. Also, a child who uses this argument with a parent doesn’t win.
You can ignore the few faithful Catholics because they aren’t the problem. And the child would have good cause to complain about his parents laying down the law on matters of morality if they and their friends were living immoral lives themselves. I’m sure he’d be quoting John 8:7 to them.

Last edited:
And the child would have good cause to complain about his parents laying down the law on matters of morality if they and their friends were living immoral lives themselves. I’m sure he’d be quoting John 8:7 to them
And the kid would be reminded that they are his parents, not the other way around.

Based on how I interpret the list of offenses, greed (wanting more than you need) and slander (saying mean things about others) are just as bad. So anyone who is doing those things, or as Jesus said, viewing someone with lust in your heart, or not caring for others that might need water or food, or not caring for the sick, or not visiting those in prison, should not be worrying about the behavior of others until they have 100% forever corrected all of their behaviors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back