But more to the point, the communion in the hand isn’t totally at universally equal status with the communion on the tongue, when communion in the hand is forbidden in some areas of the world.
I would bet, though I could be wrong, that by this time it is NEAR universal. From EWTN, these statistics, as to how long these English-speaking conferences have had it. I’d bet more have applied and this list is somewhat antiquated (Poland took up the indult in 2007, by permission of the Holy See).
South Africa, 3 February 1970
Canada, 12 February 1970
Rhodesia (Zimbabwe), 2 October 1971
Zambia, 11 March 1974
New Zealand, 24 April 1974
Australia, 26 September 1975
England and Wales, 6 March 1976
Papua and New Guinea, 28 April 1976
Ireland, 4 September 1976
Pakistan, 29 October 1976
**United States, 17 June 1977
**Scotland, 7 July 1977
Malaysia and Singapore, 3 October 1977