A
austenbosten
Guest
Thank you so much sweetpetunia, God Bless you too.Austen, I think you know that a lot of people on here think very highly of you and I count myself among themGod bless you, friend.
Thank you so much sweetpetunia, God Bless you too.Austen, I think you know that a lot of people on here think very highly of you and I count myself among themGod bless you, friend.
Somehow, neither do I.Somehow I donât think the reason why he has been waiting so long is because non-virgins are stealing his virgins.
Can he find it in his heart to cut those who struggle with sins other than those of spiritual pride and pharasaical self-righteousness (the âlesserâ sins in which he indulges) a little slack?Guys, I think we can find it in our hearts to cut Norseman a little slack.
Didnât say that it was.Somehow I donât think the reason why he has been waiting so long is because non-virgins are stealing his virgins.
Now Iâm gonna answer a question with a questionCan he find it in his heart to cut those who struggle with sins other than those of spiritual pride and pharasaical self-righteousness (the âlesserâ sins in which he indulges) a little slack?
Thanks Petunia for your kindness+1. Thanks, Marie. I think this thread needs to de-escalate in light of the unfortunate comments that were made, and your comment reminded me of 1 Peter 3:9: âDo not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.â Kudos for your kindness and gentle reminder. I am pretty sure that we can all benefit from it. I know I can.
You make it sound like itâs impossible for a sinner to turn their life around and follow God. I know that this is not true. Iâve seen it. I guy I went to highschool with used to be very promiscuous and not religious in the least. But he changed, saw the error of his ways and sought God. Today, heâs a very good man and is studying to be a priestThe unChristian attitudes being used here to judge unChristian attitudes is a bit strange.
As I think TimeEntrance said, people who have repented from sin are sometimes on an upward trajectory; theyâve rebounded. People end up dating them on their rebound without acknowledgment of the laws of âspiritual physicsâ. For everyone whoâs gone to a religious retreat can attest to, that trajectory can reverse. So it is with repentant sinners. There was a newspaper article a month or so ago that said that people who lose large amounts of weight almost invariably gain it back again, even if keeping it off for a time. Human nature strikes again.
No, itâs not impossible. But as you yourself said above, it is âmuch easier to judge someone or hold a grudge against them or insult them than it is to forgiveâ; so it is also with sinning than not sinning. Of course someone can turn their lives around and stay turned around, but others struggle with it. Your mentioning of your priest friend sort of reminds me of Fr. Corapi who had the same promiscuous past and managed to turn his life around in a great way. So yes, it can be done.You make it sound like itâs impossible for a sinner to turn their life around and follow God. I know that this is not true. Iâve seen it. I guy I went to highschool with used to be very promiscuous and not religious in the least. But he changed, saw the error of his ways and sought God. Today, heâs a very good man and is studying to be a priest![]()
I see what youâre saying. At first, when one decides to change and follow God, it can be really difficult and very easy to be lead astray by temptations. But after a while, it does get easier. Temptations arenât as strong and you begin to see how bad your sins really were in the past. God helps you. No one can turn their lives around on their own. Thatâs where God comes in. Our first step is to want to change; to try to change and ask God for the graces to help us come closer to Him.No, itâs not impossible. But as you yourself said above, it is âmuch easier to judge someone or hold a grudge against them or insult them than it is to forgiveâ; so it is also with sinning than not sinning. Of course someone can turn their lives around and stay turned around, but others struggle with it. Your mentioning of your priest friend sort of reminds me of Fr. Corapi who had the same promiscuous past and managed to turn his life around in a great way. So yes, it can be done.
Well⌠if that is true then at least youâre not being hypocritical.Donât worry, I have just as many problems with offensive overgeneralizations about men as I do about women.
I just hae a more positive outlook of humanity in general, probably because I have knowwn more people who are genuinely trying to be good people rather than following the superficial trend in society today.![]()
Thatâs a fair question, but so far, and not only in this thread, but in other similar threads, the only responses Iâve ever seen him give to reminders about Christian charity is for him to continue on in his hyper-judgmental attitudes towards those whose sins he considers to be far worse than his own. Furthernore, he fails to emathize withâand continues to condemnâeven those who have repented. On the other hand, his prideful, self-righteous, pharasaical actions are ongoing.Now Iâm gonna answer a question with a questionIf someone struggles with empathy, should we also respond without empathy? Or do you think perhaps a reminder based on Christian charity and a prayer would be in the best interest of that personâs spiritual growth?
To be fair, some sins are worse than others. What exactly is âhyper-judgmentalâ?Thatâs a fair question, but so far, and not only in this thread, but in other similar threads, the only responses Iâve ever seen him give to reminders about Christian charity is for him to continue on in his hyper-judgmental attitudes towards those whose sins he considers to be far worse than his own.
@ bold:I never said that non-virgins should not marry. There are plenty of fellow non-virgins for them to choose from - in fact, the pool there is probably bigger - so they should not have to steal from the pool of virgins. It reminds me of the parable that Nathan told David of the rich man who had a whole flock to choose from but instead robbed a lamb from the poor family and left the poor family with nothing.
Yeah⌠I doubt many people would empathize - even try to - with a 30 year old guy that loses his virginity to a 13 year old girl.To be fair, some sins are worse than others. What exactly is âhyper-judgmentalâ?
I agree with this whole heartedly. Excellent post BlueEyedLady.My recommendation to Norseman is that he not marry for a long time. Not until he has a better understanding of what marriage is, what it means, and what you do and do not âdeserveâ in a marriage.
You talk about people as though they are objects. âHow dare a tainted person âstealâ a pure one from my dating pool!â You are dehumanizing everyone and taking away what a marriage is. It is two people giving themselves completely to each other and has absolutely nothing to do with how a third party feels about one or both memberâs virginal status.
No one, virgin or otherwise is owed a spouse, much less a virginal spouse. If the only reason that you are refraining from sex is so that you can feel entitled to a âbetterâ spouse than you are doing it for the wrong reasons.
This coming from an atheist who has admitted in other threads that she is herself a non-virgin and who has admitted that she would against her children waiting?My recommendation to Norseman is that he not marry for a long time. Not until he has a better understanding of what marriage is, what it means, and what you do and do not âdeserveâ in a marriage.
You talk about people as though they are objects. âHow dare a tainted person âstealâ a pure one from my dating pool!â You are dehumanizing everyone and taking away what a marriage is. It is two people giving themselves completely to each other and has absolutely nothing to do with how a third party feels about one or both memberâs virginal status.
No one, virgin or otherwise is owed a spouse, much less a virginal spouse. If the only reason that you are refraining from sex is so that you can feel entitled to a âbetterâ spouse than you are doing it for the wrong reasons.
All of that is true. But it doesnât change the fact that you have a warped view of marriage and that you a treating people as objects that you do and do not âdeserveâ.This coming from an atheist who has admitted in other threads that she is herself a non-virgin and who has admitted that she would against her children waiting?
forums.catholic-questions.org/showpost.php?p=9831898&postcount=241
I find this laughable and insulting at the same time!
Friend,This coming from an atheist who has admitted in other threads that she is herself a non-virgin and who has admitted that she would against her children waiting?
forums.catholic-questions.org/showpost.php?p=9831898&postcount=241
I find this laughable and insulting at the same time!