What's wrong with marrying a non-virgin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DlandFan06
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was necessary for the salvation of the world. Virgins losing out to non-virgins is not.

Heresy? Baloney! Maybe as you go through RCIA (if it is at an orthodox parish) you will learn that actions do indeed play a part. After all, we are not “once-saved-always saved”.
Dude, totally inappropriate. Back off.
Very unchristian of you.
 
That was necessary for the salvation of the world. Virgins losing out to non-virgins is not.

Heresy? Baloney! Maybe as you go through RCIA (if it is at an orthodox parish) you will learn that actions do indeed play a part. After all, we are not “once-saved-always saved”.
Reported. This thread needs to be locked and removed before any more damage can be done!
 
Might I see where a non-virgin has lectured you on your virginity? :hmmm:
Did you not in post 210 give me a lecture for being pharisaical, while you admit in another post (the “famous” one I linked to) about your gf overlooking your past (assuming it was referring to a sexual past; if not and you youself are a virgin, then I apologize and stand corrected).
 
That refers to eternal life being given to those who have deathbed conversions or conversions later in life, which is not the topic on hand.
Both Virgin, and Non-Virgin are saved by God’s grace, just the same.

You want to exclude non-virgins, and mark them as not fit to marry virgins even if there is love between a non-virgin and a virgin.

Isn’t it a greater sanctification that you marry a non-virgin, and help her on her way to Holiness?
 
That was necessary for the salvation of the world. Virgins losing out to non-virgins is not.

Heresy? Baloney! Maybe as you go through RCIA (if it is at an orthodox parish) you will learn that actions do indeed play a part. After all, we are not “once-saved-always saved”.
Works are important for Salvation, but we are saved by Jesus Christ not our actions.
169
*** Salvation comes from God alone***; but because we receive the life of faith through the Church, she is our mother: "We believe the Church as the mother of our new birth, and not in the Church as if she were the author of our salvation."55 Because she is our mother, she is also our teacher in the faith.
You can “pull rank” over me on me being in RCIA, but I just so happen to have my lovely big green book of the Catechism of the Catholic Church…I think you should read the paragraph I have posted. 😉
 
How is this reportable? I am simply explaining what the Church teaches? If anyone should be reported, it is austenbosten for accusing me of heresy, which I was only defending myself against!
Read back over all your posts on this thread, if you can’t figure out what is wrong with your attitude and words, then God help you!
 
Did you not in post 210 give me a lecture for being pharisaical, while you admit in another post (the “famous” one I linked to) about your gf overlooking your past (assuming it was referring to a sexual past; if not and you youself are a virgin, then I apologize and stand corrected).
virgin or not, you have no right to judge him
 
Did you not in post 210 give me a lecture for being pharisaical, while you admit in another post (the “famous” one I linked to) about your gf overlooking your past (assuming it was referring to a sexual past; if not and you youself are a virgin, then I apologize and stand corrected).
I was giving you a lecture on your views of Christianity…not you being a virgin.

As to my sexual past, you have assumed and it’s a shame on your part. Nowhere did I claim I was or wasn’t a virgin, you decided to assume and pass judgment. My sexual past is between me, my girlfriend, and God; and it is none of your business.

I will pray tonight that God will un-harden your heart.
 
I was giving you a lecture on your views of Christianity…not you being a virgin.

As to my sexual past, you have assumed and it’s a shame on your part. Nowhere did I claim I was or wasn’t a virgin, you decided to assume and pass judgment. My sexual past is between me, my girlfriend, and God; and it is none of your business.

I will pray tonight that God will un-harden your heart.
If I misjudged, I apologize, but please be careful with your words, as they did leave the impression when you referred to your past.
 
Read back over all your posts on this thread, if you can’t figure out what is wrong with your attitude and words, then God help you!
I was referring to the post where I defended myself against accusations of heresy.
 
Well, he should not be judging me. Works both ways.
You shouldn’t take personal offense when someone chooses to marry someone other than you. You reduce the value of people as spouses to their virginal status.
 
If I misjudged, I apologize, but please be careful with your words, as they did leave the impression when you referred to your past.
Virgin or not, if he’s a changed man, it doesn’t matter in the least. To a true Christian anyway.
 
Works are important for Salvation, but we are saved by Jesus Christ not our actions.

You can “pull rank” over me on me being in RCIA, but I just so happen to have my lovely big green book of the Catechism of the Catholic Church…I think you should read the paragraph I have posted. 😉
Please read James 2:14-26.
 
If I misjudged, I apologize, but please be careful with your words, as they did leave the impression when you referred to your past.
My friend you need to be careful with jumping to conclusions and passing judgment. No one else on here made the assumption. You took my words to be used as a weapon against me.
 
You shouldn’t take personal offense when someone chooses to marry someone other than you. You reduce the value of people as spouses to their virginal status.
It’s human nature to take offense when someone who plays by the rules loses out to those who do not.
 
Virgin or not, if he’s a changed man, it doesn’t matter in the least. To a true Christian anyway.
Our actions always echo throughout our lives whether we want to hear it or not. The spiritual world, yes, it is more important and a better reflection of who someone is, but the physical realm is still bound by the laws of the physical realm. We cannot escape that, no matter how hard we try.

The last part of your comment about him being or not being a “true Christian” wasn’t very nice, if I may be honest. I think a persecution complex has come into play here and that has led to bitter words being exchanged from both sides. We need to prayerfully consider our words before saying them rather than ridiculing or judging.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top