Where are the Bible verses to back up baby sprinkling?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cody1611
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how Tweetymom feels. When I converted from Protestantism to Catholicism, I wanted to get baptized again (I was baptized at age 11 in a Protestant church). I felt cheated, almost. I felt cheated because I wasn’t graced to grow up in a Catholic household, and instead had to be lied to by Protestants. I wanted my entire life to be Catholic, including being baptized by a Catholic Priest in a Catholic Church. I didn’t go through with it, because my friends told me that there was no point if I’ve been baptized before, and I have gotten over it now, but for a while I really wanted to.
 
Happiness does not transform heresy into truth - sorry to reveal that to you.

Insult is the dear weapon of the defeated.

Church-picking doesn’t work here.

So many have searched the Scriptures for themselves and asked the Holy Spirit to guide them, yet they came up with contradictory beliefs. You know why? Because they went down the path not proposed in God’s Word.

Then blame your failed teachers, not the Church.

If you are courageous enough to blame the Church for that, then have courage to openly thank the Church for those who did not leave and had no need to find their way back.

That is the one statement I appreciate you for.

placido
1.I have never blamed the Church nor the teachers if anyone is to blame perhaps myself and my parents
2. It really doesn’t matter who is to blame the fact is that it happened and it is easy to put blame somewhere when you don’t know the truth:rolleyes:
3 Also you should have the courage enough to be thankful for those of us who chose to come back instead of critizing how we got here:rolleyes:
4 So sir if you have had the fortune to have always been wher you should be:tiphat:
 
I know how Tweetymom feels. When I converted from Protestantism to Catholicism, I wanted to get baptized again (I was baptized at age 11 in a Protestant church). I felt cheated, almost. I felt cheated because I wasn’t graced to grow up in a Catholic household, and instead had to be lied to by Protestants. I wanted my entire life to be Catholic, including being baptized by a Catholic Priest in a Catholic Church. I didn’t go through with it, because my friends told me that there was no point if I’ve been baptized before, and I have gotten over it now, but for a while I really wanted to.
I am sorry that you feel lied to but am happy that you have found your way home, and thank you for understanding where I am coming from:thumbsup: Those of them who have never been there should throw stones. Because of the Grace of God they have never been there:)
 
1.I have never blamed the Church nor the teachers if anyone is to blame perhaps myself and my parents
Okay then.
  1. It really doesn’t matter who is to blame the fact is that it happened and it is easy to put blame somewhere when you don’t know the truth:rolleyes:
In the heat of the moment i may have put things not in a proper way. Sorry for that.
3 Also you should have the courage enough to be thankful for those of us who chose to come back instead of critizing how we got here:rolleyes:
I thank you.
4 So sir if you have had the fortune to have always been wher you should be:tiphat:
And I am still here mostly because some 20 years ago I was challenged by a Jehovah’s Witness for three consecutive weeks. Instead of planting doubt in my heart, I took it upon myself to learn more about my Catholic faith and came out with a stronger faith.
Thank God that happened that way.

placido
 
Okay then.
2. It really doesn’t matter who is to blame the fact is that it happened and it is easy to put blame somewhere when you don’t know the truth:rolleyes:
In the heat of the moment i may have put things not in a proper way. Sorry for that.
3 Also you should have the courage enough to be thankful for those of us who chose to come back instead of critizing how we got here:rolleyes:
I thank you.
4 So sir if you have had the fortune to have always been wher you should be:tiphat:
And I am still here mostly because some 20 years ago I was challenged by a Jehovah’s Witness for three consecutive weeks. Instead of planting doubt in my heart, I took it upon myself to learn more about my Catholic faith and came out with a stronger faith.
Thank God that happened that way.

placido

I have never been challenged on anything except to find my way back to God and I am very thankful that I have, and that God has given me the grace and the courage to do so.
Yes you should be thankful for Gods grace and not be so critial of people like me and you do come across as very rude but God Bless you anyway and remember God love you and so do I 👍
 
Sorry sir but I will never come to your idea of what a Catholic should or shoudldn’t do And I will say one more time what I did was not against the will of God, maybe yours perhaps. And maybe some day you will realize that God is a God and we should all try a little harder to be like that:thumbsup: Oh and God bless
Will you accept the Church’s “idea” of what it means to be a Catholic? God gave us the Church so we could better understand. It not about “feelings”, its about the Truth.

With all due respect it scares me that you are teaching RCIA(or did I minsundersatand you?)
 
Will you accept the Church’s “idea” of what it means to be a Catholic? God gave us the Church so we could better understand. It not about “feelings”, its about the Truth.

With all due respect it scares me that you are teaching RCIA(or did I minsundersatand you?)
I am well aware of what a Catholic is and sorry that you are scared about me teaching RCIA I have never taught anything but Church doctrine so no you did not misunderstand me. And I am glad has given me feelings:thumbsup: When I teach I teach exactly what I am supposed to teach and I am sure even with your narrow oppion of me you would approve God Bless:tiphat:
 
In the heat of the moment i may have put things not in a proper way. Sorry for that.
3 Also you should have the courage enough to be thankful for those of us who chose to come back instead of critizing how we got here:rolleyes:
I thank you.
4 So sir if you have had the fortune to have always been wher you should be:tiphat:
And I am still here mostly because some 20 years ago I was challenged by a Jehovah’s Witness for three consecutive weeks. Instead of planting doubt in my heart, I took it upon myself to learn more about my Catholic faith and came out with a stronger faith.
Thank God that happened that way.

placido

I have never been challenged on anything except to find my way back to God and I am very thankful that I have, and that God has given me the grace and the courage to do so.
Yes you should be thankful for Gods grace and not be so critial of people like me and you do come across as very rude but God Bless you anyway and remember God love you and so do I 👍
Oh, I come across as “rude”? Must I tell you how you come across?
No, I won’t do that.

placido
 
I am well aware of what a Catholic is and sorry that you are scared about me teaching RCIA I have never taught anything but Church doctrine so no you did not misunderstand me. And I am glad has given me feelings:thumbsup: When I teach I teach exactly what I am supposed to teach and I am sure even with your narrow oppion of me you would approve God Bless:tiphat:
What would you say to an RCIA student asking if they should be baptized again (let’s say they are converting from the Lutheran tradition and were baptized as an infant)? If you share the story you shared on this forum you are not teaching what you should be teaching.

Would you tell them to not worry about Church teaching and search holy scripture themselves (like you have written on other threads)?

I too am shocked that you are an RCIA instructor. I wish you would tell us what parish you teach at so we can alert your pastor and bishop to your lack of commitment to orthodoxy.
 
What would you say to an RCIA student asking if they should be baptized again (let’s say they are converting from the Lutheran tradition and were baptized as an infant)? If you share the story you shared on this forum you are not teaching what you should be teaching.

Would you tell them to not worry about Church teaching and search holy scripture themselves (like you have written on other threads)?

I too am shocked that you are an RCIA instructor. I wish you would tell us what parish you teach at so we can alert your pastor and bishop to your lack of commitment to orthodoxy.
Don’t be shock and my Pastor and Bishop know where I have been and have never disapproved of me in anyway. Oh and by the way the subject of rebaptism did come up and I told the person church doctrine and advised her to speak to the Pastor and guess what? He andd the Bishop agreed that it was ok for her to be rebaptised and at Easter Vigel Mass she was. Oh and by the I have never had a lack of commitment to Church, you think so because that is what you chose to believe. You must think I am a dummy and only because I shared that I was rebaptised I have never advised anyone not to worry about Church but yes I have advocated everyone should search the scriptures and I do not apolige for that because I truly beleive that God would have us do that. /And it is ok not to agree on everything. God did not make me a robot:thumbsup So hopefully you can get over your shocked mode:):
 
I thank you.
4 So sir if you have had the fortune to have always been wher you should be:tiphat:
And I am still here mostly because some 20 years ago I was challenged by a Jehovah’s Witness for three consecutive weeks. Instead of planting doubt in my heart, I took it upon myself to learn more about my Catholic faith and came out with a stronger faith.
Thank God that happened that way.

placido

I have never been challenged on anything except to find my way back to God and I am very thankful that I have, and that God has given me the grace and the courage to do so.
Yes you should be thankful for Gods grace and not be so critial of people like me and you do come across as very rude but God Bless you anyway and remember God love you and so do I 👍
Oh, I come across as “rude”? Must I tell you how you come across?
No, I won’t do that.

placido
you don’t have to tell me I am well aware that I have playrd tic for tac with you:shrug:
 
Yes you should be thankful for Gods grace and not be so critial of people like me and you do come across as very rude but God Bless you anyway and remember God love you and so do I 👍
People are not being “critical” - would you accuse someone of being “critical” of you if you were la-de-da-ing your way off a cliff, and they started yelling at you to look where you’re going and not fall off the cliff?

It’s the same thing here - re-baptism is a terrible, terrible thing. It’s not that people are being “critical” - they are trying to rescue you. But if you want to close your eyes, sing a happy song, and plunge suddenly into Hell, then surely that is up to you, isn’t it? 🤷

But you should not drag other people into Hell with you by teaching them incorrectly and saying that it’s okay to be re-baptized, or telling them that God’s will is whatever feels good to them, to do.
 
Don’t be shock and my Pastor and Bishop know where I have been and have never disapproved of me in anyway. Oh and by the way the subject of rebaptism did come up and I told the person church doctrine and advised her to speak to the Pastor and guess what? He andd the Bishop agreed that it was ok for her to be rebaptised and at Easter Vigel Mass she was. Oh and by the I have never had a lack of commitment to Church, you think so because that is what you chose to believe. You must think I am a dummy and only because I shared that I was rebaptised I have never advised anyone not to worry about Church but yes I have advocated everyone should search the scriptures and I do not apolige for that because I truly beleive that God would have us do that. /And it is ok not to agree on everything. God did not make me a robot:thumbsup So hopefully you can get over your shocked mode:):
In response to the bold text above here is a quote from another thread that you posted;
whew:shrug: Sorry to say that you all are quite a bit confusing to say the least. Instead relying on the law of the Catholic Church some of you need to read what the Bible says about salvation and how to attain it:thumbsup:
So your Pastor and Bishop are OK with an RCIA instructor teaching the heresies of sola scriptura and anabaptism?

Is this a Roman-Catholic parish? Or are part of the Old Catholic Church of America or something like that?
 
My beloved brothers and sisters I have been on this fourm for less than a week and it deeply sadens me to see that the few who seek the truth are being attacked by those who would rather defend denominational doctrines than help those who are seeking GODs wisdom. As stated in Matthew 15:8,9 “These people honor me with thier lips but thier hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; thier teachings are but the rules and doctrines taught by men”. I guess that is why Foxe’s book of martyr’s is filled with so many GODLY men who were burn’t at the stake by the Catholic church , they followed GODs word not the doctrines of the church. Thank GOD for Martin Luther. And for those who love church doctrine more than the word of God I say this " Choose you this day whom ye will serve, as for me and my house we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15 Hope to see you all on the other side. OUT
 
My beloved brothers and sisters I have been on this fourm for less than a week and it deeply sadens me to see that the few who seek the truth are being attacked by those who would rather defend denominational doctrines than help those who are seeking GODs wisdom. As stated in Matthew 15:8,9 “These people honor me with thier lips but thier hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; thier teachings are but the rules and doctrines taught by men”. I guess that is why Foxe’s book of martyr’s is filled with so many GODLY men who were burn’t at the stake by the Catholic church , they followed GODs word not the doctrines of the church. Thank GOD for Martin Luther. And for those who love church doctrine more than the word of God I say this " Choose you this day whom ye will serve, as for me and my house we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15 Hope to see you all on the other side. OUT
You have to excuse us if we find you have a serious lack of credibility. You list yourself as catholic yet in your third post ever you tell us Martin Luther was right and talk about the Church bunring people at the stake.

As a Catholic do you feel that people who misrepresent catholic teaching should be corrected?
 
My beloved brothers and sisters I have been on this fourm for less than a week and it deeply sadens me to see that the few who seek the truth are being attacked by those who would rather defend denominational doctrines than help those who are seeking GODs wisdom. As stated in Matthew 15:8,9 “These people honor me with thier lips but thier hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; thier teachings are but the rules and doctrines taught by men”. I guess that is why Foxe’s book of martyr’s is filled with so many GODLY men who were burn’t at the stake by the Catholic church , they followed GODs word not the doctrines of the church. Thank GOD for Martin Luther. And for those who love church doctrine more than the word of God I say this " Choose you this day whom ye will serve, as for me and my house we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15 Hope to see you all on the other side. OUT
You seem to have forgotten that the Lord has given us one House in which to serve Him - His Catholic Church. And contrary to your view of the discussions here, I see non-Catholics justifying their unbelief in that wisdom which Christ teaches through His Catholic Church (which, btw, is not a denomination) and Catholics responding as they should with the authentic teachings of the Church. If one takes a “bible alone” standpoint with the heretic Luther and does not admit that the Church itself contains the fullness of God’s revelation, then one quickly finds oneself in trouble, because one makes oneself and not the Church to be the arbiter of the meaning of Scripture and its place in the life of the Church. It’s always nice and easy to submit to the authority of self.
 
My beloved brothers and sisters I have been on this fourm for less than a week and it deeply sadens me to see that the few who seek the truth are being attacked by those who would rather defend denominational doctrines than help those who are seeking GODs wisdom. As stated in Matthew 15:8,9 “These people honor me with thier lips but thier hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; thier teachings are but the rules and doctrines taught by men”. I guess that is why Foxe’s book of martyr’s is filled with so many GODLY men who were burn’t at the stake by the Catholic church , they followed GODs word not the doctrines of the church. Thank GOD for Martin Luther. And for those who love church doctrine more than the word of God I say this " Choose you this day whom ye will serve, as for me and my house we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15 Hope to see you all on the other side. OUT
It is not wrong to correct someone when it is possible that they could be spreading misunderstanding about the faith.
Of course, we should do so calmly and with the Lord’s love.

Doctrine is important for the correct understanding of things. That is why the Catholic Church is blessed
to have the teaching authority that Jesus gave.

Incidentally, both sides have done wrong by killing others because of their beliefs. And, I don’t thank God for the errors that Martin Luther has spread. Yes, Martin Luther had a right to be angry about the corruption, but he went too far by changing doctrine.
 
In response to the bold text above here is a quote from another thread that you posted;

So your Pastor and Bishop are OK with an RCIA instructor teaching the heresies of sola scriptura and anabaptism?

Is this a Roman-Catholic parish? Or are part of the Old Catholic Church of America or something like that?
Roman Catholi:thumbsup:all the way and it is pretty dumb to think they would allow anything else or that I would teach anything else:eek: So wherver you got any idea is beyond me:shrug: I do advocate people reading the Bible and I expect that God would want us to But since you appear to have all the answers maybe you don’t need to. I applaud you that you don’t need to If someone who was exploring how to become a Catholic I doubt if they would find anything joyful here
 
My beloved brothers and sisters I have been on this fourm for less than a week and it deeply sadens me to see that the few who seek the truth are being attacked by those who would rather defend denominational doctrines than help those who are seeking GODs wisdom. As stated in Matthew 15:8,9 “These people honor me with thier lips but thier hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; thier teachings are but the rules and doctrines taught by men”. I guess that is why Foxe’s book of martyr’s is filled with so many GODLY men who were burn’t at the stake by the Catholic church , they followed GODs word not the doctrines of the church. Thank GOD for Martin Luther. And for those who love church doctrine more than the word of God I say this " Choose you this day whom ye will serve, as for me and my house we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15 Hope to see you all on the other side. OUT
We will consider your assertions when you decide to be truthful. See your “catholic” identification.
 
My beloved brothers and sisters I have been on this fourm for less than a week and it deeply sadens me to see that the few who seek the truth are being attacked by those who would rather defend denominational doctrines than help those who are seeking GODs wisdom. As stated in Matthew 15:8,9 “These people honor me with thier lips but thier hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; thier teachings are but the rules and doctrines taught by men”. I guess that is why Foxe’s book of martyr’s is filled with so many GODLY men who were burn’t at the stake by the Catholic church , they followed GODs word not the doctrines of the church. Thank GOD for Martin Luther. And for those who love church doctrine more than the word of God I say this " Choose you this day whom ye will serve, as for me and my house we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15 Hope to see you all on the other side. OUT
👍👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top