Where are you from?

• Thread starter Thread starter James_2_24
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James_2_24

For those who want to take part. I am just curious about the “make up” of this message board. So I would like to ask the following:

Age?
Where are you from?
Nationality/Ethnicity?
Religion?

I’ll start:

Born in the Philippines, now in Texas
Filipino-American
Catholic (revert) [born Catholic, Calvary Chapel, then back to
Catholic]

I’m 30, from Washington state, originally, though I lived for a while in Montana. I’m currently in a D.C. suburb. I’m Catholic, (though just hanging on, barely), and have always been.

40.png
montanaman:
I’m 30, from Washington state, originally, though I lived for a while in Montana. I’m currently in a D.C. suburb. I’m Catholic, (though just hanging on, barely), and have always been.
Wow… Montana to DC… I am so sorry!! LOL I LOVE Montana!!

I am 29, from Utah originally and still here! I was raised SDA and confimed Catholic this past Saturday night!! 🙂

Brandon

Age?

I’m 34

Where are you from?

Air Force Brat- Florida, Colorado, Arkansas, Georgia, Germany, Illinois

Nationality/Ethnicity?

Mutt- from Daddy- Irish, Scottish, Welsh, English
from Mom- Italian, Hungarian, Finnish

Religion?

Baptized Catholic 4/3/99. Agnostic before that.

Nice to meet you all,
Stephanie

Aged 33
Born and raised up in Lusaka, Zambia, Central Africa.
Currently in South Africa at an Oblate Scholasticate Near Pietermaritzburg.
Nationality: Zambian
Catholic since was 6; baptized same day with dad, mom and young brother

I’ll be 42 this July.

I’m originally from Akron, OH. I now live right outside “Bawmer,” Maryland (That’s “Baltimore” for those not familiar with the unusual dialect in these parts. 😃

I am American. My family ethnic background is Lebanese on my mother’s side and English, Scots, and Irish on my dad’s

I am a life-long Catholic.

I am going to be 21 at the end of June.

I have lived in Michigan my whole life. In fact I’ve never moved more than ten miles.

I am Italian, Irish, French Canadian, and a bunch of little stuff that I’m not completely sure about.

I am Catholic (always have been and always will be).

Bayonne, NJ, USA
American ( of Irish, Polish, Italian, & Spainish Heritage)
“One Holy Catholic And Apostolic Church”

40.png
johnomi:
Aged 33
Born and raised up in Lusaka, Zambia, Central Africa.
Currently in South Africa at an Oblate Scholasticate Near Pietermaritzburg.
Nationality: Zambian
Catholic since was 6; baptized same day with dad, mom and young brother
Glad to see a diverse group, especially other Africans!
Will be 38 on 9/11
Grew up in Cameroon and Nigeria
Currently live in Rocklin, CA (approx 1.5hrs from San Francisco)
Cradle Catholic, then atheist, now Catholic

Montanaman----

Hang on to your faith!!! You must seek the knowledge about the faith in order to defend, love it, and keep it!!! I was once a very lukewarm Catholic and fell away from the Church. I sought the truth and my eyes were opened. Now days, I can not get through one Mass without crying, and I am so overwhelmed by the peacefullness that overcomes me when I walk into a Catholic Church!!! I encourage you to hold firm and ask the Holy Spirit to lead you!!!

Turned 29 May 16
born and raised in Texas
raised Catholic—fell away and joined Baptist----returned to the Catholic faith

Age? 18
Where are you from? Shipley, West Yorkshire, England… though I’m moving to Buckinghamshire in August to join the Sion Catholic Community for Evangelism
Nationality/Ethnicity? English/British
Religion? Catholic- a cradle one, who came back to faith at the age of 15

Age? I’ll be 39 on June 2nd
Where are you from? Northern Virginia
Nationality/Ethnicity? German/Irish descent
Religion? Catholic

Born and raised in San Antonio, Tx. I moved around the country as an adult, but have returned to SA to stay.

I’m 44 and God has blessed me with a devout Catholic husband and three beautiful children.

Although I was baptized when I was two weeks old and spent nine years in Catholic Schools, I didn’t fully appreciate the depth and beauty of our Church until several years ago.

I’m Carolyn, 38.
I live in a suburb just outside of Detroit.
I’m Catholic
Polish-American

33 - born 16th June 1970
Melbourne Australia
Australian - way back I am Irish, Scottish, English
Catholic from age 4 when I was baptised on 22nd Dec 1974

South of Houston, Texas

Age 44, male

Raised Southern Baptist, Catholic since 1998

I am 53 year old.
I am Brazilian, descendent of first founders of Brazil, 500 old family then may be traced back to Portugal.
I am cradle catholic, ex-seminarian at the Capuchin Friars Seminary.

I’m 60

From Central Massachusetts

Scots-Irish descent

Raised a Baptist and converted to the Catholic Faith 41 years ago thanks to the fervent prayers of my Catholic grandmother!

I am 57 and live in Beaverton, Or.
Mother is German 1st generation born here and Dad is a Scot. A good pioneering family came in on the Oregon Trail.

Cradle Catholic always con sidered myself Catholic although I didn’t practice for about 30 years. I am back with a burning desire to learn everything.

Hi!
Going to be 39 in two days and the mother of a second child (a daughter) :blessyou: in about three months. My husband, son Levi, and I live in Harmarville, Pennsylvania, which is north of the city of Pittsburgh.

My ethnic background is a mix. My father is 100% Croatian, and my mother is Irish (mostly), Scotch, with a little Dutch thrown in for good measure.

I was born, baptized, and raised a Latin (Roman) rite Catholic most of my life, and then discovered the Byzantine Catholic rite, about four years ago, due to my brother, who is now a Byzantine Catholic priest. I love the Byzantine rite and being ‘Catholic’ most of all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back