Where do you get your news?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruised_Reed
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News is just about the only TV I watch anymore. I also go to FreeRepublic.com several times throughout the day,(I think I’m addicted) where I get the latest news and comments from FReepers.

Fox news on TV and satelite radio. However, Fox really did drop the ball in reporting on the Pope’s death 1.5 days prematurely.

I also have www.drudgereport.com running in the background whenever I am on the computer.

I have just recently gotten addicted to Fox news. I think they have very fair and honest news!

Karen

Internet-only for me. I do not watch TV, nor listen to radio news, nor read printed media - though I do look forward to getting EWTN on Sirius radio someday, when I can afford it!

My favorite news source on the Internet is Wikipedia. Their Current Events news-page has no equal (that I’ve found) for timely, unbiased international news, with many links to Wikipedia articles on every topic under the sun. It’s the best “open” (free to access, free to edit) encyclopedia out there.

40.png
CanonAlberic:
NPR and PBS as far as MSM goes. Other than that the Internet (buzzflash.com, GuardianUK, ConsortiumNews are all very good for news that the spineless American lapdog media is afraid to touch). ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and especially FOX are all nothing more than mouthpieces and shills for the current administration.

Peace…
Totally agree. I’m usually on the bbc world news site several times a day.

I will occassionally get news from ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN. Fox is the only source I refuse to use. Although I used to in my neo-conservative/ evangelical protestant days b/c it catered to what I believed. It was the only news station allowed on our campus cable at my evangelical college.

40.png
Steph700:
Totally agree. I’m usually on the bbc world news site several times a day.

I will occassionally get news from ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN. Fox is the only source I refuse to use. Although I used to in my neo-conservative/ evangelical protestant days b/c it catered to what I believed. It was the only news station allowed on our campus cable at my evangelical college.
Thanks, Steph. Most of the time I feel really outnumbered @ these forums! :rolleyes: Take care.

Peace.

40.png
CanonAlberic:
Thanks, Steph. Most of the time I feel really outnumbered @ these forums! :rolleyes: Take care.

Peace.
fear not
the world is more than FOX news fans 😉

40.png
CanonAlberic:
ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and especially FOX are all nothing more than mouthpieces and shills for the current administration.
:confused: With them for friends, they don’t need any enemies. Sheesh!

40.png
CanonAlberic:

Peace.
We are outnumbered, but all the more reason to stick around.

Our TV is set up just to play videos/dvds. I have dsl internet service that provides abc News Now live news , so that’s what I watch. I also check here and sometimes the fox news website.

Steve Andersen:
fear not
the world is more than FOX news fans 😉
Absolutely. I’ve never even seen a FOX cable news broadcast.

Online, I check out Reuters or BBC if I need something up to date or just this minute. I don’t particularly like Reuters, however. I used to like it better, but it has altered. I’n not big on online news.

I find that all the latest about the supreme court can be gotten from a liberal site called FindLaw. Their commentary (writ) can really get to you, however. Does anyone know a matching site with commentary that is more conservative?

I get it from MSNBC, CNN, FOX News and local stations, as well as those TV station’s websites. I also read several newspapers (Hartford Courant, New York Times, Boston Globe, as well as extra-local- meaning specific to town regions). The shows I particularly like are The Abrams Report, Crossfire, Lester Holt Live, Wolf Blitzer Reports, Larry King Live, Hardball, Countdown, Scarborough Country, the O’Reilly Factor, Hannity and Colmes, etc. I know that some of them have a conservative bias, but I don’t really mind. If I am watching a show with a conservative bias, the person usually doesn’t try to conceal it, and I simply have to take what they say with a grain (or a pound) of salt.

P.S. To Steph700 and CanonAlberic- we are very outnumbered, but friendly debate is wonderful!

FOX
EWTN
Relevant Radio
Internet, scan foreign papers
channel surf the Alphabet stations until they say someting hateful or
anticatholic
Laura Ingraham
Bill Bennett

Bruised Reed:
When it comes to news, especially breaking news, who do you rely on?
If I want the news: The Web, Fox, the radio.

If I want to hear biased reporting: ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, Etc. Wow there’s a lot of them aren’t there.

40.png
Catholicvegan:
I get it from MSNBC, CNN, FOX News and local stations, as well as those TV station’s websites. I also read several newspapers (Hartford Courant, New York Times, Boston Globe, as well as extra-local- meaning specific to town regions). The shows I particularly like are The Abrams Report, Crossfire, Lester Holt Live, Wolf Blitzer Reports, Larry King Live, Hardball, Countdown, Scarborough Country, the O’Reilly Factor, Hannity and Colmes, etc. I know that some of them have a conservative bias, but I don’t really mind. If I am watching a show with a conservative bias, the person usually doesn’t try to conceal it, and I simply have to take what they say with a grain (or a pound) of salt.

P.S. To Steph700 and CanonAlberic- we are very outnumbered, but friendly debate is wonderful!
I don’t mind being outnumbered, and I like friendly debate a lot. I also don’t mind conservative news programs, as long as they will 'fess up to the way they lean. I think that’s what annoys me most about Faux News and the like. I also get irritated with people who cut off any discussion by shouting things like: “You hate America”, and believe me, I’ve run across many of 'em (but not here:D !). I do try hard to see both sides of an issue, but I must admit (with tongue firmly in cheek), that my views are usually correct.

Peace & Love, Y’all!

40.png
CanonAlberic:
… I think that’s what annoys me most about Faux News and the like. …
Faux 😃
brilliant! 👍
40.png
rastell:
Wow there’s a lot of them aren’t there.
you know…sometimes it’s not everyone else 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back