Where do you get your news?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruised_Reed
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Steph700:
Totally agree. I’m usually on the bbc world news site several times a day.

I will occassionally get news from ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN. Fox is the only source I refuse to use. Although I used to in my neo-conservative/ evangelical protestant days b/c it catered to what I believed. It was the only news station allowed on our campus cable at my evangelical college.
I listen to FOX, in fact I am a huge fan, but I find it offensive that your evangelical college wouldn’t let you listen to other news sites. I think that part of growing in your faith is asking questions and you can’t ask those questions if you are insulated from different viewpoints. Out of curiousity what college did you attend? I ask because I know a lot of people from my old church that attended a Christian college in the Florida Panhandle and I was wondering if it was the same college.

40.png
CanonAlberic:
I don’t mind being outnumbered, and I like friendly debate a lot. I also don’t mind conservative news programs, as long as they will 'fess up to the way they lean. I think that’s what annoys me most about Faux News and the like. I also get irritated with people who cut off any discussion by shouting things like: “You hate America”, and believe me, I’ve run across many of 'em (but not here:D !). I do try hard to see both sides of an issue, but I must admit (with tongue firmly in cheek), that my views are usually correct.

Peace & Love, Y’all!
People seem to confuse Fox’s news programs with Fox’s news analysis / opinion programs (like ORielly and Hannity&Colmes). The news portion of Fox is very balanced. Neil Boortz has been challenging anyone to find examples of bias in the news reporting shows on Fox and nobody to date has been able to site any examples. Understand that OReilly and Hannity/Colmes don’t count…they are opinion programs, not news reporting programs.

Finally, here is a good website that I like to get news from:
worldnetdaily.com/

40.png
CanonAlberic:
Serious as a heart attack, my friend! When one goes to sources outside the American MSM, it’s amazing just how obvious the pro- administration bias is.
No wonder so much of the rest of the world is so screwed up.

40.png
shockerfan:
People seem to confuse Fox’s news programs with Fox’s news analysis / opinion programs (like ORielly and Hannity&Colmes). The news portion of Fox is very balanced. Neil Boortz has been challenging anyone to find examples of bias in the news reporting shows on Fox and nobody to date has been able to site any examples. Understand that OReilly and Hannity/Colmes don’t count…they are opinion programs, not news reporting programs.

Finally, here is a good website that I like to get news from:
worldnetdaily.com/
Here’s a better one:

buzzflash.com

Peace!

“the daily show” is pretty much the most consistently good news program.

Mayweather said:
“the daily show” is pretty much the most consistently good news program.

👍 👍 👍
…and it’s viewers are at least as well informed as those that swear by Faux News. Jon Stewart is the best!!

Peace.

when it came to news concerning the death Of Pope John Paul the Great, the best source of breaking news was the Catholic.com forum. This place really was the fastest source because so many people were watching so many outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back