E
Erich
Guest
Actually, you’ll find the phrase “Faith alone” in James 2:24:Neither will you find the phrase “Faith alone” …
Note that it follows the phrase “not by”See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
Actually, you’ll find the phrase “Faith alone” in James 2:24:Neither will you find the phrase “Faith alone” …
Note that it follows the phrase “not by”See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
I don’t see it anywhere. And if it’s not in the bible, its false doctrine.
This is an over simplistic view of Scripture. Just because the word isn’t there i.e., Trinity doesn’t mean the concept isn’t.
There are lots of words that aren’t in the Bible, e.g., incarnation, original sin, Trinity, Bible, Sunday School, hypostatic union, but these are accepted by Protestants save original sin with some.
In the Bible, there is no mention of Pope,
I declare Allan1972 AWOL & a touch-n-go.I wouldn’t hold my breath.
I still think it’s a touch-n-go and hoping I’m wrong.
His “undecided” on his religion is my only source of any hope at all.
But his singular dogmatic post does not seem to support an undecided posture.
You might want to check out this website, which was formerly called “Biblical Defense of Catholicism”. It contains very thorough explanations of the biblical basis for Catholic teaching:I don’t see it anywhere. And if it’s not in the bible, its false doctrine. In the Bible, there is no mention of Pope, Bishop, or Mass, or most of things that Catholics talk about. Who was greater? Jesus or Peter. Who’s greater Jesus or the Pope? Who’s greater Jesus or Mary? Even Paul said for people to stop following Peter, Paul, or John, but to follow Jesus. Jesus didn’t say anything about Peter being the foundation of the Catholic Church, but the rock of God’s Church. I challenge Catholics to think about why they believe what they believe and try to back it up with the King James Version of the Bible. Everything else is just false doctrine or heresy.
**I don’t see it anywhere. And if it’s not in the bible, its false doctrine. In the Bible, there is no mention of Pope, Bishop, or Mass, or most of things that Catholics talk about. Who was greater? Jesus or Peter. Who’s greater Jesus or the Pope? Who’s greater Jesus or Mary? Even Paul said for people to stop following Peter, Paul, or John, but to follow Jesus. Jesus didn’t say anything about Peter being the foundation of the Catholic Church, but the rock of God’s Church. I challenge Catholics to think about why they believe what they believe and try to back it up with the King James Version of the Bible. Everything else is just false doctrine or heresy.
Where does the Bible teach that everything that we are to believe is explicitly stated, termed and defined in the Bible?I don’t see it anywhere. And if it’s not in the bible, its false doctrine. In the Bible, there is no mention of Pope, Bishop, or Mass, or most of things that Catholics talk about. Who was greater? Jesus or Peter. Who’s greater Jesus or the Pope? Who’s greater Jesus or Mary? Even Paul said for people to stop following Peter, Paul, or John, but to follow Jesus. Jesus didn’t say anything about Peter being the foundation of the Catholic Church, but the rock of God’s Church. I challenge Catholics to think about why they believe what they believe and try to back it up with the King James Version of the Bible. Everything else is just false doctrine or heresy.
NotWorthy
what do you mean by holy mother church?Our Holy Mother Church
I don’t know what you’re talking about, i haven’t been around that long.The Church has heard everything you’ve said over the past 500 years since the Reformation
I got preoccupied with another site for a while.
what do you mean by holy mother church?We have priests. Jesus is the high priest and he uses priest as his instrument to minister the sacrament of reconciliation. Priest are mention in the Bible. James 5:14 - the presbyters (priests) are called to anoint the sick with oil and pray over them. Their sins are forgiven. This is the sacrament of the sick, also called extreme unction.do catholics still have priests? If they do, I don’t see why they do. In the new testament, jesus was called the high priest, and that’s all I know about.
The KJV is not the only Bible. I have three Bibles, the Douy Rheim Bible (written before the KJV, DRB written in 1609), the RSV BIble, and the NAB.Someone tell me what they think is better than the KJV.
I refer to KJV because it is the most accurate english version.
as far as religion is concerned, I’m a christian.
I do prefer the DRB and the RSV Bible. DRB has the same style as the KJV.
Jesus is the Word of God. The Word made flesh. The Bible is part of the written tradition and the oral tradition (unwritten), which we Catholics value both of them very well.someone askedy why something has to be in the bible to be good doctrine. I think its pretty easy to understand that Jesus is the Word. And if its not in his word, its not true.
I don’t know what you’re talking about, i haven’t been around that long.Catholic Church has 2,000 yrs of experience compared to Protestantism which started in 1516 during the Reformation.some of you keep asking about things like trinity and other words I haven’t even mentioned.
Welcome, back.I got preoccupied with another site for a while.
It just another way to say Catholic Church.what do you mean by holy mother church?
No Catholics do not worship Mary! The Bible and the CCC states that worship is for God and God Alone. I understand that, it is your opinion that to pray to Mary = worship. However does the Catholic mean that they worship Mary when they ask Mary for her intercessory prayers? There are already many, many threads on intercessory prayer. Here is one of the most recent ones: forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=125442 (better to go there then to make this thread into another one about intercessory prayer, in my opinion)I heard someone say that catholics they don’t worhip mary, but I wen to one website where they had prayers to mary which is pretty much the same thing.
You’re absolutely right Jesus Christ is the High Priest! However does the bible say he is the ONLY Priest? Our priests are only priest under the High Priest.do catholics still have priests? If they do, I don’t see why they do. In the new testament, jesus was called the high priest, and that’s all I know about.
Your right Jesus is the Word. However the question is Jesus ONLY reviled in the Bible? Is that the only way God has given us HIS word?someone askedy why something has to be in the bible to be good doctrine. I think its pretty easy to understand that Jesus is the Word. And if its not in his word, its not true.
Questions about the trinity were asked, because in your OP you stated you only believe things that are IN the bible. People want to know where is the Trinity mention IN the bible.some of you keep asking about things like trinity and other words I haven’t even mentioned.
Jesus is the mother of Jesus? Was this a typo or did you mean to say that?I just saw something that says that Mary is Queen of davidic knigdom. the same website is trying to say that mary lived in the times of Genesis.
Also, I’m sorry, but Mary is not the Mother of God. Jesus was the mother of Jesus. because if you say mother of God it sounds like you are talking about the Father. she was not the mother of the Father.
Allan, welcome to the forums.I just saw something that says that Mary is Queen of davidic knigdom. the same website is trying to say that mary lived in the times of Genesis.
Jesus is God, Mary is His mother, Mary is the mother of God. I will take a wild guess and say you simply mistyped “Jesus was the mother of Jesus” since that makes absolutely no sense.I’m sorry, but Mary is not the Mother of God. Jesus was the mother of Jesus.
Welcome back.I got preoccupied with another site for a while…
Holy Mother Church has nothing to do with whether Catholics worship Mary. Holy Mother Church is simply a title for the Bride of Christ, that is “Mother” to our souls.what do you mean by holy mother church?I heard someone say that catholics they don’t worhip mary, but I wen to one website where they had prayers to mary which is pretty much the same thing…
The Israelites were a nation of priests, yet they had a distinct priesthood to offer sacrifices for them (The Levites). Do you not have ministers or pastors that perform special duties as your teachers or shepherds? Of course you do! In Catholicism, we take it one step further. The Priest is our shepherd in preaching the Word of God. Yet, he also shepherds us in offering (en persona Christi- In the person of Christ) the faithful the sacraments. He does not do so instead of Christ, but instead offers Christ’s one, eternal sacrifice for us. In some way, all the faithful participate in this offering. Yet, the priest does so in a unique way. Christianity wasn’t created in a vacuum. Jesus was Jewish. The priesthood is reasonable in the context of Scripture.do catholics still have priests? If they do, I don’t see why they do. In the new testament, jesus was called the high priest, and that’s all I know about…
I think the RSV is a much better translation than the KJV. The KJV is not the “most accurate english version.” Do you read Greek? If not, by what authority do you speak on the issue?Someone tell me what they think is better than the KJV. I refer to KJV because it is the most accurate english version. as far as religion is concerned, I’m a christian…
Jesus is the Word. Yet, Jesus was a living, breathing person, not just a story in a book. People witnessed his life. They talked about it. In the Jewish culture, much tradition was passed down orally. Why do you think that would change with the coming of Jesus? Especially when John tells us, “Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written” (Jn 21:25).someone askedy why something has to be in the bible to be good doctrine. I think its pretty easy to understand that Jesus is the Word. And if its not in his word, its not true…
The point is not that you stated anything about the Trinity, but rather that the mere lack of mention of a word in the Scripture does not mean that the doctrine is not implicitly there. The trinity is the perfect example, because nowhere is this word used in the Bible. In fact, it is not used anywhere in the first three centuries of Christianity. Thus, if you say the Catholic Church is false because you don’t see the word “Catholic” in the Bible, you must deny the “Trinity” based on the same logic applied consistently.I don’t know what you’re talking about, i haven’t been around that long.
some of you keep asking about things like trinity and other words I haven’t even mentioned.