Allan:
You really need to stop this insanity.

Pray to the Holy Spirit for guidance and for an open Heart and Mind … and then get cracking on studying … early Christian History.
The one thing I always worry about with Protestants is they have no clue of their Christian History. History is so important, to us human’s. Think about how important your Health History is … History of Wars, History of the trends in Economics and even the weather… History, History, History… It is paramount!
Protestants just don’t get into that. I once asked my MIL, who is a fundamental Baptist, where she thought the Bible came from … she hemmed and hawed and when I told her - history would prove the Catholic Church voted and complied the Holy Writings of the Holy Prophets, etc. She almost had a heart attack.
When I told her that The Mass was given to us by Our Lord and Savior at His Last Supper … she walked away… Jesus was Jewish … he did all the Jewish Customs and Traditions that Jewish Men did and still do … Jews celebrate the Passover Ever Year … in anticipation of the Messiah… Catholic’s celebrate the Last Supper at Every Mass … but our Messiah has come … Did you know that Jews in the Old Testament not only had to wipe the blood of the lamb that was sacrificed on their door posts, but they HAD to Eat that Lamb too … that was just as important … And it couldn’t be a lamb with broken bones… read the stories in the New Testament on Jesus Crucifixion and keep the last sentence in mind! Well, we Catholic’s Eat the Lamb of God, because Jesus commanded us to; John 6 is very powerful … Jesus is the Messiah who the Jewish People are waiting for … He was one of them and they just didn’t know it.
Allan, please, this is deep, I know … but your faith can’t encompass just simple beliefs … Your salvation is more important than that … isn’t it? The gift of salvation is not as easy as the Protestant’s profess … that isn’t what our Lord and Savior taught …
13 “Go in through the narrow gate, because the gate to hell is wide and the road that leads to it is easy, and there are many who travel it. 14 But the gate to life is narrow and the way that leads to it is hard, and there are few people who find it. -Matthew7:13-14
Doesn’t that speak volumes???
You made the first step of coming to this forum. Perhaps it was really not to learn but to insult or get people angry … this type of ‘evangelization’ doesn’t work. It really doesn’t Allan …
My in-laws have told me I am going to hell for the twenty-two years that I have been married to their wonderful son … who I love with my whole heart … and who has walked away from his Baptist upbringing — because he sees that he has been taught by his “Pastors” lies about what the Catholic Faith Teaches. He isn’t Catholic yet, but I truly believe in God’s time, he will be, if it is our Lord’s will. He comes to Mass with us and even on Holy Days … He once told me that if his parents wanted to have a contest on the Bible, I would beat them hands down. I am sure I would, but I study it all the time.
My Father gave me that passion … because when he was dying … of Cancer … it was during the Christmas — I was taking him to his Chemo appointment and I was furious that the hospital was playing Christmas Music. He looked at me… with his most beautiful blue eyes, with tears, and said — where is your faith. This time of year isn’t about me or you … it is about our Lord and Savior’s Birth … because he came and suffered and died so we would be with him always. This is just a temporary state ….
I knew… that I had to learn more about my faith … because when the Lord is ready to take me, I wanted to have the same conviction that my Dad had … and it has been nine years since we buried him (Christmas Eve) … the best Father in the world (other than my husband) … and I wouldn’t trade my faith for anything in the world. But Allan, faith is a Gift … and I truly believe on that very sad day for me with my dad … God gave me the gift of faith and encouraged me to find out more about the faith that was passed down to me … and I thank God that he did.
Allan, you have to be informed … if you want to make accusations about the Catholic Faith … I know that we aren’t suppose to ask ages, but by your postings you seem very young. Please Allan, go to our Lord and Savior in prayer … I know how wonderful Protestant’s pray … get on your knees and ask guidance from the Spirit to help you to understand. Not to be Catholic per se, but to help you discern where you need to be.
Peace Allan and My Prayers will be with you,
Your Friend, Mgeising!!!