Where is the Ark?

• Thread starter Thread starter eggsbenedictine
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eggsbenedictine

I know that the Ethopian Orthodox Tawahedo Church claims to have it, just curious if there has ever been any actual evidence supporting this claim. Does anyone actually get to see it or have they?

I know that the Ethopian Orthodox Tawahedo Church claims to have it, just curious if there has ever been any actual evidence supporting this claim. Does anyone actually get to see it or have they?
OI remember watching a documentary a while back. The presenter was refused permission to see it. If I remember correctly no-one but one or two clergy can see it. Seems a wee bit suspicious to me 🤷

OI remember watching a documentary a while back. The presenter was refused permission to see it. If I remember correctly no-one but one or two clergy can see it. Seems a wee bit suspicious to me 🤷
Yea I agree. Not a lot of information supporting the claim is out there. Apparently the Guardian of the Ark can’t even set eyes on it.

Yea I agree. Not a lot of information supporting the claim is out there. Apparently the Guardian of the Ark can’t even set eyes on it.
The written Word of God says it’s been hidden. Nothing in Egypt…nor under a temple.

[BIBLEDRB]2 Maccabees 2:4-8[/BIBLEDRB]

The apostle John saw the real and eternal Ark of the Covenant;

The apostle John saw the real and eternal Ark of the Covenant;
But of course the OP is referring to the Old Testament Ark of the Covenant carried in procession by the children of Israel. Mary in our understanding of her does not make the OT Ark any less “real.”

The living Ark is in heaven. The previous one, who was merely a symbol, is nowhere that we officially know about.

At one time there was rumours that it was in Turkey, apparently there is a large size hill, and where they think its buried. (Only the Lord knows.)

At one time there was rumours that it was in Turkey, apparently there is a large size hill, and where they think its buried. (Only the Lord knows.)
Ark is between Missouri and Louisiana. 😃 Former President Clinton is from there.

It’s been sitting in some government warehouse since Dr. Jones retrieved it from the Nazis. 😉

I know where the Ark is, in the last Indiana Jones movie, the Ark is in a crate in the basement of the Smithsonian.

I know where the Ark is, in the last Indiana Jones movie, the Ark is in a crate in the basement of the Smithsonian.
It is also in articles of those weird newspapers at the supermarket check out lanes.

I think the one in Turkey is supposed to be Noah’s Ark not the OT Ark of the Covenant.

KimG901 Which Ark are your referring to?

Posters are confused. Some are saying it’s in Turkey lodged in a large hill which is where the Ark of Noah fame is rumoured to be.

Others are saying Ethiopia where the Ark of the Covenant fame is rumoured to be protected by the Ethiopian Orthodox Church.

There is a relief statuary that depicts the Romans carrying the Ark of the covenant away to Rome when the destroyed the Jerusalem temple.

All joking aside and Ethiopians as well, I have a strong suspicion that the Romans melted the ark and added the gold to the Imperial treasury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back