Who in the world is Jack T Chick?

• Thread starter Thread starter little_goblin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

little_goblin

Hi all

Who is Jack T Chick? Came across his website and all his strange online tracts and his attack on Catholicism…

Does he has a “church” or just a street evangelist with a distorted mind?

God Bless

little goblin

While you may think he’s just a “street evangelist with a distorted mind,” his tracts are reaching a lot of people. His attacks on Catholicism , for all the lies and mistakes, are drawing a lot of lukewarm and uninformed people from the Truth.

I like to call him JacKKK ChicKKK for obvious reasons 🙂 His bigotry and hatred are incompatible with the Gospel.

Personally, I find him almost comedic. These great conspeiracies with the Jesuits causing World War II and the Church being the cause of all evil in the world. The sad part is that because of the lack of education in this country, too many people buy into these ideas. But, I must say, if the CHurch was capable of all that he claims, why would he be allowed to publish any of it?

In my humble opinion, Jack Chick’s hate-filled tracts do nothing but turn people off Christianity. By emphasising fear of eternal torment, they make the Christian God a monster and the Christian religion a diabolical system of blackmail. They’re the antithesis of love and holiness.

I would think that the conspiracy theory nature of his tracts would cut into his sales, but apparently it hasn’t. I wonder if it is possible to sue Chick for the amount of misinformation he puts out.

It is difficult, but not impossible to sue over religious writings. That can come down to interpretation of theology, something the courts do not want to do (and should not do). If someone that he slanders or misrepresents wanted to sue, though, they might have a good case. The only thing is, what would this do? Give him more publicity? Make it look like he is persecuted? I say pray for his soul, and the souls of those who follow him and ignore everything else.

I guess it probably is better to leave squirrels with foaming mouths alone. :confused:

I find these comics hilarious! Go to this page for real entertainment! There are links there for various tracts, some of which are anti-Catholic. They are the ultimatic in simplistic, Bible Belt theology!

Jack Chick Comics, Click Here!

40.png
Sanosuke:
I guess it probably is better to leave squirrels with foaming mouths alone. :confused:
Jack Chick :confused: , someone who needs our prayers. Have there been other well-known misguided anti-Catholic preachers who repented and found the Catholic Church to be true? The only one I could think of is St. Paul (the original).

Lately on ETWN Open Line Thursday’s from 3-4PM EST, John Martingoni has had a Jack Chick follower call up to refute Catholic Teaching. John gets the upper hand every time. The caller, his name is Eric, always rambles on and on about Scripture verses without defending his stand. Go to ETWN site and look in the audio library and listen to some of these programs.

Go with God!
Edwin

Some people have suggested that
a) “Jack Chick” is a pseudonym for a bunch of anti-Catholics folks who make most fundamentalists look tame in comparison OR
b) “Jack Chick” is actually an atheist who is satirizing fundamentalist Christianity
(I don’t buy either one, but I don’t rule them out either)

I have a couple of those Rivera comics. Highly entertaining. Of course, Chick is affiliated with Peter Ruckman, who likes to cuss his opponents out and believes that if you don’t use the King James Bible you’re going to hell. I’ve studied Ruckmanism and Catholicism, and (saying this as a Reformed Christian) it is clearly evident that this Chickist/Ruckmanist religion is far more exclusive than the Catholic church they love to hate.

little goblin:
Hi all

Who is Jack T Chick? Came across his website and all his strange online tracts and his attack on Catholicism…

Does he has a “church” or just a street evangelist with a distorted mind?

God Bless

little goblin
I think some months ago, in This Rock magazine, Jimmy Akin did an article about meeting Jack Chick at a media screening of one of his movies. It was an interesting article. Go to the Ask an Apolgist forum and ask Jimmy about it. Maybe he can get you a copy

I heard Jimmy tell the story on Catholic Answers after it happoned. It was rather funny to me

you know what i find funniest about his tracts? whenever he says, you could see the building and all these plans, but the catholic church had the building bulldozed and secretly turned into a park.

typically he says this as proof of any conspiracy that he tries to promote. yeah, and the invisible dog in my dorm room ate my thermo physics homework.

40.png
promethius:
catholic church had the building bulldozed and secretly turned into a park
Haha… in this country we catholics are secretly bulldozing buildings and secretly turning them into parks all the time. Don’t tell Chick, or we won’t be able to go for our secret walks anymore…

In secret

This Jack Chick business is all so sad. Back in my youthful days I used to distribute some of this material, and I had myself convinced that I was really doing God’s work.

After becoming Catholic in 1995 I had an experience that sort of did penance for my earlier misguided efforts to ruin the Catholic Church with Chick literature. I went into a local gift and Bible shop (very evangelical protestant, but open minded enough to stock some rosaries, medals, and Catholic Bibles for their Catholic customers) where I found the infamous Alberto Rivera comics on the shelf. I told the manager that as one of his Catholic customers I felt he had a fine store, but the stocking of literature like this was highly offensive to me and to his other Catholic customers. I gave him a copy of an article which appeared in the March 1983 issue of Christianity Today which exposed Rivera as a fraud.

The manager thanked me and promptly pulled all the grossly anti-Catholic Chick tracts from his shelves, though he did retain the other Chick material. My hope is that someday he’ll go all the way and have done with all this toxic material.

In Christ’s peace,
Gary

40.png
Rogo:
Haha… in this country we catholics are secretly bulldozing buildings and secretly turning them into parks all the time. Don’t tell Chick, or we won’t be able to go for our secret walks anymore…

In secret
Funny, I thought the only things getting bulldozed by Catholics were High Altars and Altar Rails.

Justin

The best I’ve read about Chick is in Karl Keatings book “Catholisism and Fundamentalism…The Attack On Romanism by Bible Christians.” He gives a lot of information on many anti-Catholics like: Loraine Boettner and Jimmy Swaggart.

Findnmway:
The best I’ve read about Chick is in Karl Keatings book “Catholisism and Fundamentalism…The Attack On Romanism by Bible Christians.” He gives a lot of information on many anti-Catholics like: Loraine Boettner and Jimmy Swaggart.
I second that. Great book. “I have literally bent over backwards” , hahaha… priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back