Who in the world is Jack T Chick?

• Thread starter Thread starter little_goblin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody remember the Crusader’s comic book series??

:bigyikes::bigyikes::bigyikes:

From what I remember as a little boy it was even more frightening than JTC Tracts. I would love to get my hands on some of those things again.

:bigyikes::bigyikes::bigyikes:

The second one, definitely. He’s an anti-Catholic who uses many different ridiculous things to make the Catholic church look bad. He ESPECIALLY attacks Mary and the Eucharist. He does other things like purgatory, salvation by faith and works, the inquisitions, asking the intercession of saints, the sacraments, the Catholic church being the whore of Babylon and a combo of all these pagan mythologies tied into one, infant baptism, he even goes on to say things like the Catholic church being communists, and starting the Mormons, JW’s, the mafia, Islam, etc., a whole bunch of crazy stuff, that he doesn’t support with cites to sources, mind. They’re so outrageously ridiculous that it’s crazy that millions of people actually take this stuff seriously. Anyone who would write such trash is quite a few eggs short of an omlet. Catholic.com has a special report on Chick tracts, I suggest you read it, it’s very informative.

Vita in Christo!

40.png
Edwin1961:
Jack Chick :confused: , someone who needs our prayers. Have there been other well-known misguided anti-Catholic preachers who repented and found the Catholic Church to be true? The only one I could think of is St. Paul (the original).

Lately on ETWN Open Line Thursday’s from 3-4PM EST, John Martingoni has had a Jack Chick follower call up to refute Catholic Teaching. John gets the upper hand every time. The caller, his name is Eric, always rambles on and on about Scripture verses without defending his stand. Go to ETWN site and look in the audio library and listen to some of these programs.

Go with God!
Edwin
I’ve been listening to John and Eric duke it out for weeks! I can’t believe Eric keeps calling back! Did you notice that he’s the only one who has frequent callers on Open Line? He’s truly the only apologist I’ve seen that can stump a protestan because usually, protestants bring up more and more subjects on the faith when they realize that they can’t win the argument, and usually other apologists just keep on rolling with the punches and asking questions, while the other person just keeps on going because they know that the Catholic knows their faith, and will keep on answering, and if that doestn’t work, they start the name calling, (whore of Babylon, stone worshipers, Madonna worshipers, heretics,“you’re going to hell!”, the usual), but John keeps asking the same question until they answer it. That’s the way it should be done. John alsways says that he’s dumb for being born and raised in Alabama, but he’s way smarter than Eric!

I’ve seen some crusader’s comics available through Jack Chick ministries. I don’t know if these are the same ones, but if you check at his web site (www.chick.com), you can find out.

was a kid
Christy Beth:
I’ve seen some crusader’s comics available through Jack Chick ministries. I don’t know if these are the same ones, but if you check at his web site (www.chick.com), you can find out.
Christy Beth, lol…I didnt know Chick was the author of those things…go figure. :rolleyes:

He is hocking them for a very reasonable price though. :rotfl:

Thanks!

40.png
Monarchy:
As an person who enjoys Role-Playing games, Chick’s outright fabrications about Dungeons & Dragons are extremly laughable.:rotfl:
Im not really into Role-Playing games but I checked out the link…JTC says:

*The posting of my article on the web and the arrival of email as a means of mass communication have facilitated the process wherein I can engage in dialog with those who defend D&D and:bowdown: Fantasy Role Playing Games (FRPG) in general. In this context, I am amazed at how many so-proclaimed Christians who defend the game, do so with foul and abusive language. This, I think, speaks volumes about the spiritual impact of the game. :bowdown: *

Of course it speaks volumes…these people are tired of a creepy psycho who is scared to have his picture taken because the Vatican might launch its all out assault on him declaring that he must convert or die, telling people that they are going to hell or on their way because of Role-Playing games…oh and I ams ure a lot of the people he is speaking about are Catholic…you know, the people he tells that Our Lady is just a wretched sinner, our Father in Rome is the anti-Christ, the Eucharist is the ‘death cookie’…

Well, whatever you say Chick…:bowdown:

May the Lord bless JTC and have mercy on his soul

Doesn’t Jack Chick have a blog or something where he reads these forums and then comments on posts that mention him? Can anyone provide that address?

I’m sorry to hear he’s in his 80’s. Doesn’t leave him much time to come to his senses and repent.

Doesn’t Jack Chick have a blog or something where he reads these forums and then comments on posts that mention him?
There is no known Chick blog in which he writes a commentary. There is however a site for collectors of Chick comics and tracts and the site owner maintains a blog. I won’t post the link… the Chick fire doesn’t need any more fuel, but it can be easily found via a web search.

And no, my screen name has nothing whatsoever to do with Jack Chick. 😉

Jack Chick

REMOVED VITRIOL

I think all true

In fact, his nonsense drives more people away from protestant churches towards catholic churches than he attracts.

When I was back in High School I wrote him a letter asking why he has used all outdated referrences in his Bid Daddy tract that could not be checked at the library for accuracy. His letter to me was full of hate for daring to question his use of sources.

Little Mary:
Doesn’t Jack Chick have a blog or something where he reads these forums and then comments on posts that mention him? Can anyone provide that address?
You may be thinking of James White, another, slightly less wild-eyed, professional anti-Catholic.

I realize that many people here have huge issues with this man, and his works. I have removed personal comments. I would caution each of you to remember, we are not in ANY position to judge the soul of this man. He deserves our prayers.
Feel free to continue discussion his ACTIONS. But I ask that you refrain from making personal comments or judgements on his status as a christian.

Thank you-

May God bless

little goblin:
Hi all

Who is Jack T Chick? Came across his website and all his strange online tracts and his attack on Catholicism…

Does he has a “church” or just a street evangelist with a distorted mind?

God Bless

little goblin
Jack Chick is just an intolerant man who hates Catholics. It’s almost comical to read his so-called ‘tracts’.

To be honest with you, I have to say that I find “the Rev.” “Dr” Ian Paisley far more scary - and I am scared by both of them, but that is just my personal take.

I also found Fred Phelphs to be very scary - out of these three, I feel most pity for Jack Chick - he always seems more innocent than the others, don’t know why.

40.png
Libero:
To be honest with you, I have to say that I find “the Rev.” “Dr” Ian Paisley far more scary - and I am scared by both of them, but that is just my personal take.

I also found Fred Phelphs to be very scary - out of these three, I feel most pity for Jack Chick - he always seems more innocent than the others, don’t know why.
Jack Chick may very well be converting many people to Catholicism without realising it. (by making alternative forms of Christianity look foolish.) 😛 😛

I keep getting the impression that this site is just as intolerant as 😃 Jack Chick is.

40.png
Libero:
So I am not the only one 😃 😛
Intolerance is something you will run into everywhere. I’ve asked innocent questions on many sites, only to have everyone pile on me to “put me in my place”. 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back