Whom would you rather be with?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AllSeasons
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AllSeasons

Guest
Someone you’re comfortable with, or someone you’re thrilled to be with?
 
Both! Lucky me! 😃

I dated girls I was “thrilled” to be with, but the relationships didn’t work. It’s all well and good to be very attracted to someone, but marriages are not based on just that.

I dated girls I was “comfortable” with, but that didn’t work either as I didn’t want to be with someone I wasn’t thrilled to be with. I didn’t want to settle, as is were.

Luckily I found someone who I was thrilled to be with and eventually found that we were also comfortable. I married her quick smart!

I think either comfort or thrill (attraction?) can build over time, so I wouldn’t rule out either option as a starting point. But if over time the one that’s lacking does not build, you need to ask whether it’s the right relationship to persist with.
 
I’d say, if I had to pick one, it would be someone I’m comfortable with. I’m not a big “thrill” person. I’m an introvert and choose solid, intimate relationships over shallower, less developed ones. Just my opinion.
 
I tend to be comfortable with people who are thrilled where I am thrilled. Like I tell people…

I want a girl who isn’t afraid of my motorcycle
And a woman who isn’t afraid of my Jesus.

I want a girl who is up to hike the Rockies
And a woman who doesn’t mind sitting at home in front of the fire

I want a girl who loves to cook
And a woman who will gently remind me to hit the gym

I want a girl who loves my kilt
And a woman who will help me pick out suits.

Wouldn’t mind if she were a red-head though.
 
I tend to be comfortable with people who are thrilled where I am thrilled. Like I tell people…

I want a girl who isn’t afraid of my motorcycle
And a woman who isn’t afraid of my Jesus.

I want a girl who is up to hike the Rockies
And a woman who doesn’t mind sitting at home in front of the fire

I want a girl who loves to cook
And a woman who will gently remind me to hit the gym

I want a girl who loves my kilt
And a woman who will help me pick out suits.

Wouldn’t mind if she were a red-head though.
Love this!
Personally, I’d be thrilled to be in a relationship with a girl who I was really comfortable with. My own personality doesn’t match very well with a lot of people. :rolleyes:
 
Someone with whom I am comfortable with. With me being comfortable around someone means that i am thrilled to be with them.
 
Depends. If she doesn’t run away when I order beef tartare and a vodka, or hears about Starcraft — and the other day about ancient cultures and dead languages and yet another about coding or PC hardware, then she’s probably a keeper. Most people are not keepers. They can’t really stand it. And I don’t even mean beef tartare. 😉

I probably couldn’t go on with just a certain measure of comfort but I wouldn’t overestimate the “thrill”, which is often a delusional adrenaline-based reaction, often connected with being as stupid as a poor lemming in relationship situations. There undoubtedly must be some intellectual fascination and a unique sense of companionship vs the entire universe. Still, I’m not into the thrill of a girl who plays guys like chess figures and knows how to manipulate men’s emotions. I’m not entirely immune but I quit early enough, should it even mean a daily battle of stares with the phone.

I generally tend to be the most inclined towards a woman that radiates peace and wisdom. A bit of a regal aura, I would say. Jealousy plays and immature drama are vanitas vanitatum. This said, once I did find the foregoing in a several years older post-athletics engineering girl I met when I was a freshie in law school, all of 19 years old, running faster and half a pace ahead up a sand dune (after some 10 miles of marching) just to be able to hold and support her, as I pretended a steady voice while swallowing my own blood. Up to this day I have no idea how I pulled that one off, her being a highschool runner, my being a nerd with diagnosed asthma. You can bet there was thrill there, plenty of. I probably need not say nothing came out of it anyway.

Some two years ago I took cognisance of a female lawyer who painted in oil and took her faith seriously, while using little worlds about it (she was just a little cormudgeonly in her verbal expression). She had enough of an otherworldly presence to capture interest, while having those other things I mentioned a while ago. I thought she lost interest until this night I actually found and rest the last e-mail I wrote, no wonder there was no reply, it sounded like I should write a follow-up one instead of expecting that reply that never came. Actually tried to patch it up today morning. Wish me luck.
 
Interesting question. Ironically, the Person who fits BOTH of those… is Our Lord. And He wins my own “first choice”. 🙂 God bless!
 
Both. I’m an all or nothing type of person and couldn’t settle for less.
 
I think it depends on what you mean by “thrilled”. If by that you mean always excited to be around, in love, butterflies, etc., it’s unrealistic to expect to feel like that all the time.

Being comfortable with someone is extremely important. My ex-boyfriend “thrilled” me because he was so exciting, but I wasn’t ever really comfortable with him. I am more comfortable with my husband than I am with anyone else in the world, and I really am thrilled to be married to him, but our life together isn’t always “thrilling”, if that makes any sense.
 
Both - because while I always enjoy being comfortable (who doesn’t?), I also want some thrill now/then. 🙂

Life won’t always be thrilling or comfortable - the important thing is that the person by your side is someone who will be there to comfort you and care for you in those less than thrilling and less than comfortable times.
 
“Love is what is left over when being in love has burned away.” Louis de Bernieres

Sure, you don’t want to be with someone who bores you to death/you have no attraction too. However, it is unrealistic to believe that anyone will constantly put butterflies in you stomach once you know him/her well.
 
Legendary blues-man BB King sings “The Thrill is Gone”. Unfortunately, thrills do not last forever.
 
I have both. My husband and are still passionately in love and I am more comfortable with him than anyone else in this world. It is possible to have both.
 
I would rather go for a girl that I am comfortable with. I think more positives can evolve from comfort than they can from thrill. Thrill just seems too temporary to me.
 
Ohhhh, wrong answer. Believe you me, standards are VITAL to a relationship.
Well, my standards for men go down basically every day. Right now they’re:
  1. Alive
  2. Catholic (maybe even practicing)
  3. Alive.
If I had a dollar for every scummy young man I’ve met in places they really shouldn’t be appearing… I’d be very wealthy. Of course the scummy types would be even more numerous after that happens.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top