Why be Catholic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PauseBreak
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a fabulous little booklet: “Confession of a Roman Catholic” by Paul Whitcomb. It’s pocket-sized and only costs $2.50 from www.tanbooks.com or 1-800-437-5876.

It’s the story of the conversion of a Protestant divinity student who was insatiable in his study.

By “coincidence” I just happened to read it yesterday (Wednesday).

In addition, there is a slightly larger book that is also excellent, “What Catholics Really Believe” by Karl Keating. It is available from the Catholic Answers bookstore, right here on line. Just click on “Shop” at address bar at the top right of this page.
 
I don’t think I’m going to join the Church at this point. I don’t want to drive all over the usa to find a half way Catholic Church I want full on Catholicism TLM and all with the smells and bells. 🙂

I looked and I could not find a Eastern Rite Church where I live. I’m a very big Traditionalist when it comes to Religion and I’m also very anti Protestant but I working on that.

The Catholic Church is best when its being Catholic not Protestant.
 
I don’t think I’m going to join the Church at this point I don’t want to drive all over the usa to find a half way Catholic Church I want full on Catholicism TLM and all with the smells and bells. 🙂

I looked and I could not find a Eastern Rite Church where I live. I’m a very big Traditionalist when it comes to Religion and I’m also very anti Protestant but I working on that.

The Catholic Church is best when its being Catholic not Protestant.
 
I don’t think I’m going to join the Church at this point. I don’t want to drive all over the usa to find a half way Catholic Church I want full on Catholicism TLM and all with the smells and bells. 🙂

I looked and I could not find a Eastern Rite Church where I live. I’m a very big Traditionalist when it comes to Religion and I’m also very anti Protestant but I working on that.

The Catholic Church is best when its being Catholic not Protestant.
I don’t think you fully understand what “joining the Church” means.

It means joining the Church that Jesus founded, acknowledging that the Catholic Church teaches the Truth, and it means being able to embrace God through all the Sacraments, and being able to receive the Body and Blood of Jesus through the Real Presence.

If you sincerely believe all these things that the Catholic Church does, then you would leap at the chance to join, regardless of whether the NO Mass annoys you etc.

Like I said in an earlier post, a lot of cradle Catholics are annoyed by the NO Mass, but still attend Mass as they know it is the Truth and they are receiving Jesus every time.

You need to really think about what you believe, and close your eyes to the material things that you list such as vestments and hymns.

Being a part of the Church that Jesus founded and tolerating the material things you don’t like is far better than turning you back on Him.
 
You need to really think about what you believe, and close your eyes to the material things that you list such as vestments and hymns.

The Mass is the Church if it shows a lack of Respect it tells you alot about the so called true Church. I talk about Vestments and Music because this shows were the Church is going it starts with small things next comes the big things.

If the Catholic Church is the true Church then why take from Protestants.

Maybe Martin Luther was right:rolleyes:
 
You need to really think about what you believe, and close your eyes to the material things that you list such as vestments and hymns.

The Mass is the Church if it shows a lack of Respect it tells you alot about the so called true Church. I talk about Vestments and Music because this shows were the Church is going it starts with small things next comes the big things.

If the Catholic Church is the true Church then why take from Protestants.

Maybe Martin Luther was right:rolleyes:
The Church’s teachings have not changed in 2000 years.

The vestments have changed, but this does not alter anything about Her being the True Church.

It is only your opinion that today’s vestments do not show respect.

A lot believe they do.

You still are missing the point about why to join.
 
I looked and I could not find a Eastern Rite Church where I live. I’m a very big Traditionalist when it comes to Religion and I’m also very anti Protestant but I working on that.
Hi PauseBreak,

Without causing offence to any Catholics here, I am in full agreement with you regarding JPII kissing the Quran.

The fact is, both the Bible and the Quran claim to have the truth, but both can’t be correct, so one is lying.

Satan loves using lies to confuse people and make their life on earth hell, and he uses these lies to send them to hell.

When JPII kissed the Quran he was either kissing:

a) God’s word
b) Satan’s word

If you believe a), then JPII was in the wrong religion.

If you believe b), then JPII was misleading the right religion.

But anyway, that’s not the point of my post, here’s my point.

You say you are very anti-Protestant but you say in your first post:
2.The last Pope Kissing the Quran as a former Muslim this makes me sick and is a slap in the face of Jesus Christ in my view. (With all due Respect)
So I assume you are a Christian, can you tell me your conversion story?

Love,
Rev
 
You say you are very anti-Protestant but you say in your first post

If your a protestant then I ask you to get some Orthodox or Catholic books to read.

So I assume you are a Christian, can you tell me your conversion story?

Yes I’m a Christian my father was a Muslim and my mom follows the Protestant Religion.
 
You say you are very anti-Protestant but you say in your first post

If your a protestant then I ask you to get some Orthodox or Catholic books to read.
I’m reading.
So I assume you are a Christian, can you tell me your conversion story?
Yes I’m a Christian my father was a Muslim and my mom follows the Protestant Religion.
If you aren’t a Catholic or Orthodox, then you’re a Protestant.

Love,
Rev
 
If you aren’t a Catholic or Orthodox, then you’re a Protestant.

Not true I don’t go to a Pro-test church nor do I believe in Solus Christus,Sola scriptura, Sola fide or any other Protestant nonsense.

So don’t insult me by calling me a Protestant:mad:
 
If you aren’t a Catholic or Orthodox, then you’re a Protestant.

Not true I don’t go to a Pro-test church nor do I believe in Solus Christus,Sola scriptura, Sola fide or any other Protestant nonsense.

So don’t insult me by calling me a Protestant:mad:
Ok, so you’re not a Christian.

Love,
Rev
 
Why be Catholic? St. Jerome lays out my reasoning nicely and succinctly:

“As I follow no leader save Christ, so I am in communion with none but the chair of Peter. For this, I know, is the rock on which the church is built! This is the house where alone the Paschal Lamb can be rightly eaten. This is the ark of Noah, and he who is not found in it shall perish when the flood prevails.”

newadvent.org/fathers/3001015.htm
 
Thank you for the links. I went on google and found a group called Institute of Christ the King they have a Church about an hour drive from me are they in good standing with the Pope or are they like the SSPX?

here’s a link institute-christ-king.org/
 
Thank you for the links. I went on google and found a group called Institute of Christ the King they have a Church about an hour drive from me are they in good standing with the Pope or are they like the SSPX?

here’s a link institute-christ-king.org/
Institute of Christ the King is totally legit. They’re a lot like FSSP.
 
If the Catholic Church’s claim about herself is true, and you believe in the claims of Christ, then there is no reason to stay away from the Catholic Church-- despite ugly vestments, scandals and Pentacostalist hand-holding.

If the Mass don’t show Respect for Jesus this shows me alot about the Church. I’m just not sure the true Church would keep letting all of this go on. Does the true Church need Protestant Music hand holding/waving and Vestments the Orthodox don’t seem to.
Simple solution: join another Catholic parish.

Do you believe as the Catechism proposes you believe?

If so, then there is nothing that can stop you from finding a good parish.

If not, read more of the cahtechism, and get into some good discussion with the priest(s) at a parish church that you “seem” to like.
 
Do you believe as the Catechism proposes you believe?

I agree with everything I have read so far.

If so, then there is nothing that can stop you from finding a good parish

Yes their is its called gas money 🙂

I’m going to keep reading the Catechism and praying for God to show me the way.

I was thinking of also praying the Rosary but I’m not sure how anyone know of any books.

When I can I’m going to go to the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest Church and talk with the Priest.

Thanks everyone and I’m very sorry if I was rude to anyone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top