Why become a Catholic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amazon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of our founder. Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thats why I love saying the Apostle creed in Mass.
 
I was really expecting a lot more reasons.
I have many reasons for becoming a Catholic. But here are just a few.

The logic, intelligence and history drew me to the Catholic Church in the first place.

The honor the Church gives Mary the Mother of God. There may be other religions that honor a woman but none that I know of that have so wonderful an example of God’s love.

The Precious Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. No symbolism, just the real thing.

The Rite of Reconciliation . How wonderful to hear those words. “Your sins are forgiven.”

The “Way of the Cross”

The “Rosary”

The “Divine Mercy Chaplet”

The Saints.

Every good thing that I found in my Protestant Church plus everything else.
 
Apart from all of the above, God has given us so many signs that this is HIS true Church.


  1. *]The Church has over 300 incorruptible bodies of saints
    *]Many Eucharistic miracles which shows that we have the true body and blood of Christ
    *]So many apparitions around the world where miracles are taking place daily
 
Um, Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus? 😃

Also, history. As Cardinal Newman put it: “to be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant.” 👍
 
I ask myself,……is someone trying to tell me something? Why do all these miracles that are there for everyone to see and experience,………why do they only happen in this one Church? No other church has events like Fatima, Lourdes, Guadalupe, etc. let alone the number of incorrupt Saints and their remains for me to see. So the question of why become Catholic, I have many examples for things I see that are not there in any other church. Am I missing something? 🙂
Yes, You forgot to mention all the Eucharistic Miracles there are, and the Miracle that takes place on every alter, every day in every Catholic Church throughout the world, and the Shroud of Turin that the Catholic Church has in her possession. And Oh so much more! God Bless, Memaw
 
“Outside the Catholic Church, is is possible to have everything except salvation. It is possible to have honor, it is possible to have Sacraments, it is possible to sing Alleluia, it is possible to respond Amen, it is possible to have the Gospel, it is possible to have faith and preach in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: but never has it been possible to find salvation except in the Catholic Church.”
(St. Augustine, Sermon to the People of the Caesarean Church, ch. 6)
augustinus.it/latino/discorso_cesarea/index.htm

Is salvation a good reason?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top