So you believe the following Scripture is to be interpreted literally?
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. John 6:35
Scripture is always to be interpreted on multiple levels, not as, say the Fundamentalists do by insisting on literal interpretations in some places and only figurative interpretations of John 6. Scripture is to be read in context, which is why I tend to quote large passages, not a verse here and there.
The Apostles were instructed to go without supplies, relying on the charity of others. They didn’t hunger or thirst, but were fed by their brothers and sisters. There’s one literal interpretation.
We are born hungering and thirsting for God—Christians have Him, in the form of the blessed Eucharist, nourishment for body and soul. There’s your literal and figurative interpretation.
Also you forgot to highlight verses 61 & 63 of John 6.
53Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. 57Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.
60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”
**61Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, "Does this offend you? **62What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. John 6:53-63
Yes, they are—but the words Christ spoke are contained above, and refer to the Eucharist. How do you explain the people leaving, they whom had heard Christ speak the words of the Gospel before? What had changed?
I suggest searching the Bible for other instances where eating flesh is mentioned—it’s an eye-opener.
Do Christians sin, would “robot” Christians sin??
Question with a question. Was my question that hard?
Christians do sin, you can see why Paul exhorts his brothers to repent and return to the fold. “Robot” Christians sinning, or turning away from God, may indeed be possible if Pharaoh’s hardened heart is any indication.
Are you suggesting that Jesus was lying when He said to Peter that I have prayed that your faith will not fail?
No, Christ did indeed pray for Peter as he said and Christ doesn’t lie.
Do you think Christ was lying when he said that those who do not eat his flesh and drink his blood have no life in them?
Do you think Christ lied when he promised to found his Church upon Peter, renaming him in the process to mark the occasion?
Do you think Christ lied when he said he would abide with the Church always?