G
Groo
Guest
Yeah, they do.No.
Decent, intelligent woman do not care for “bad boys” or “cranky, arrogant bastards.”
Yeah, they do.No.
Decent, intelligent woman do not care for “bad boys” or “cranky, arrogant bastards.”
Good advice if you want to be her girlfriend.It doesn’t matter if YOU’RE interesting. What matters is how interesting you find women. Be interested in the women you meet. Ask them questions about themselves and be a good listener. Many women love to talk, talk, talk, and when they find a man who not only listens, but is truly interested in their talk (even if it is trivial and rambling!), they will hang onto him!
Should still watch their footsteps sometimes. One of the pitfalls of confident women is being unduly attracted to someone who simply… is not attracted to or interested in them. Probably an intuitive estimate of social position or potential of it.Yeah, I can see that. If you’re a woman used to lots of male attention - to the point you expect it and know its coming - you’re going to walk around with a lot more confidence especially when interacting with men, even men of high caliber that slay dragons and stuff like that. A woman like Halle Berry, Jennifer Lopez, or John McCain’s wife I’m pretty sure have little fear around men. At least in terms of rejection. I’m not talking potential rape or something.
Kind of reminds me of watching a biography episode on women that date or marry American La Cosa Nostra mobsters. In this one episode this young woman was smitten by New York Italian mobsters and being wined and dined by her capo boyfriend, until at dinner one evening his mobster friend told the woman he was with to “Shut her ******* mouth” unless told to speak or he was going to throw her down the flight of stairs in the restaurant. She immediately responded, “I was only trying to say…” and he grabbed by the hair, took her to the door with the stairs leading to the basement, and threw her down it. The woman was mortified, especially when she ran to the door to find the woman laying at the bottom of the stairs crying and all busted up, not able to get up.
Now she says… she wants a kind man. A lot of women that dealt with mob men eventually came to feel that way after they discover their mob boyfriends or husbands will break their necks in a second or bury them in someone’s lawn. You don’t leave them and you don’t embarrass them.
Lure of the dangerous, the mysterious. Perhaps dark and handsome but just guessing about the last one. Sometimes I wonder, maybe they do manage a true good side in someone and fall in love with it, vaguely hinting at unconditional love, even if misplaced due to a certain naivete that exposes them to danger. At other times I have a less idealistic view of the situation. Might be somewhere in the middle.Of course, some mafia men have been gentlemen around women and even with men out in the public not involved in crime. Some are more savage and ungentlemanly than others.
Was going to say this, but Cat already did.Stop thinking about yourself. Get the big chip off your shoulder. You are acting like a little boy who didn’t get what he wanted for Christmas.
You don’t deserve anything. None of us do. A man does not “deserve” a woman. One of the first things that a truly good man will say to his beloved spouse is, “I don’t deserve you.”
You say you have a temper. That will be a gigantic glaring “red flag” for any decent, intelligent woman, because often men with tempers turn out to be abusive. Women talk among themselves about their dating life, and if a woman shares that the man she is dating has a temper, most of the rest of us women will tell her to get out of the relationship fast. It’s not worth a woman taking the risk.
You might try some anger management classes or counselling. I sense a lot of rage and anger in all of your posts, and a lot of resentment towards women. Women may be picking up on this and avoiding you.
Decent women aren’t looking for “excitement,” they’re looking for steadiness and security. The Number One Need of all women is security.
It doesn’t matter if YOU’RE interesting. What matters is how interesting you find women. Be interested in the women you meet. Ask them questions about themselves and be a good listener. Many women love to talk, talk, talk, and when they find a man who not only listens, but is truly interested in their talk (even if it is trivial and rambling!), they will hang onto him!
Are you approaching girls at all? Most devout girls will expect the guy to pursue them. I find a lot of devout guys don’t pursue ladies then complain when ladies don’t fall into their line of view or company. I don’t know if this is because of society telling women to pursue and guys have gotten lazy or just because maybe devout guys tend to be on the shy side maybe? In any case if you want something you badly enough you have to work to obtain it or go after if and keep trying to you find what your looking for.Thats what I mean though, I go to church and don’t even get noticed. I go to catholic events, people think of me as a nice guy, but thats it. Trust me, I hate bars and that. Thats the whole point. Even girls who arre “faithful catholics” pick only the good looking ones. Sometimes it works out and in those cases i’m happy, but a lot of times they pick guys who only want one thing. Of course they don’t even look at me even though i’d never cheat or lie or do anything bad to them, but do they care? No! It’s like they want to be treated like ****, which I know isn’t true or right.
That’s just not true. Most women are looking for a nice guy…a lot of times the not so nice guys come off as nice as long as they are trying to hook you and then as soon as they think they have the no so nice behavior appears.Being a “nice” guy is the kiss of death with women. That’s why you’re not having any luck. I doubt your looks have much to do with it.
I wonder if you are trying too hard to get women to like you. By trying too hard, I mean that you are presenting yourself in a way that you think women should like, but isn’t really you.
Don’t be afraid to show a bit of an edge to your character. Let people see not only what you think are the good parts of your personality, but also the rough spots. For example, if you are a cranky, arrogant bastard like I am, let women see that. Makes you more interesting.
And get outside your comfort zone. Take some risks. You’re a man so act like one! Take control of your situation. Don’t accept being just labeled as a “nice guy” who sits in the background. Take some initiative.Benjamin, people here has said good advice.
A couple of things:
Don’t feel entitled to having a girlfriend.
Don’t harbor resentment towards women.
I’m in a similar situation (23yo, never had a girlfriend, shy). But, I have learned something. Don’t waste time having a brooding mindset. Instead, work on your habilities. If you have a hobby, like painting, work in it, and strive for being among the best. I think people would notice that you are passionate about your talents, and that could improve your personality.
Blessings!![]()
Come on now, we all know that women are not looking for some boring guy. But there’s a difference between being a nice guy and THE nice guy. Women of course want the men they choose to be of good character. But they also want him to be interesting. They don’t pick men who blend into the background and lack courage to step up to the plate. And why should they?!That’s just not true. Most women are looking for a nice guy…a lot of times the not so nice guys come off as nice as long as they are trying to hook you and then as soon as they think they have the no so nice behavior appears.
Just be careful of “male-to-female transgenders”.
My points are:I’m sorry, but this does not have anything to do with the subject of this thread…
I disagree, good women do not go for bad men. You can tell alot about someone based on what value’s they are attracted to so if women are attracted to the bad characteristic’s of these men then that also say’s alot about these women therefore no good man should find such a woman desirable.Yeah, they do.
I think I just figured out why you’re single.But i’m not. I’m a nice guy who gets angry when he doesn’t get what he thinks he deserves. I think I deserve at least a girlfriend when some of my drunk women abusing classmates from school can get freaking married. I’ll admit i have a temper, but I don’t want to show that side to a girl. I want to be loving and caring and treat her right. I’m sure there are girls who like that, granted only from good looking men. I guess us ugly guys have to either have exciting personality or be left alone, and since i’m not too exciting i guess its my lot in life. I can’t really make myself more exciting
Tons of insight here. The kindness of which the OP is speaking is not the same kindness that Christ taught us about.I think I just figured out why you’re single.
This reminds me of a conversation that I had with a friend a few years ago in college. He was going on and on about how he’s such a “nice” guy but the girl he had been wanting for years kept going for jerks. He continued on about how “nice” he had been to her and he “deserves” her more than those jerks do. Finally he said that he was so sick of being a nice guy because it didn’t get him anywhere because not only did that girl like jerks, almost every girl that he wanted turned him down for men that he deemed to be, well, jerks.
I explained to him that he wasn’t a nice guy at all. A nice guy understands the value of being kind to others without the expectation that they will be rewarded, or that they will get something good in return. He wasn’t being genuinely nice, he was being nice in hopes of having a relationship with her. His “niceness” gave him an excuse to feel superior to others. A truly nice guy would have treated her with kindness and wanted her to find happiness with or without him. He may have been upset that she ended up with someone who didn’t treat her right, but out of concern for her, not because he “deserves” her more.
Despite being good friends he wouldn’t speak to me after that. 4 years later he’s still single.
Well when I fell in love other really attractive men were gross to me suddenly and only one man became really attractive. Keep praying for the right person. Also, I am deep but I felt like men preferred shallow girls. Which is fine because I only need one who likes me.Being a not very attractive man, why is this. I’ve heard many girls say they want a godly man in their life, but look the other way at a guy like me in favor of the better looking guy. Now i’m not saying their aren’t good looking guys who are godly, but lets just say those of us who got beaten with the ugly stick are at a disadvantage. Why is it that even devout girls (and yes girls devout guys) are so shallow?
I don’t think I could deal with a woman that loved “drama” all the time. I like to stay as “drama free” as I can.To be fair, it’s a phenomenon more easily seen with Western women. That said, it is best to avoid women who hate conflict resolution because any advice which even hints of conflict resolution is the real kiss of death.
Equally true when a woman has a body that makes a guy metaphorically drool. He’s going to go with the beautiful, curvy, bimbo before the nerdy, stick-thin, girl that is a brilliant graduate student in physics.Well when I fell in love other really attractive men were gross to me suddenly and only one man became really attractive. Keep praying for the right person. Also, I am deep but I felt like men preferred shallow girls. Which is fine because I only need one who likes me.