E
englands123
Guest
It’s not always easy to explain …
Thank you. And since a lot of is were some sort of Christian before, there’d need to be a good reason to go back down a variant of that path.For any atheist to become Christian, there’s a few hurdles. First and foremost they would have to accept that there is a supernatural layer to reality…then they’d have to accept that a God concept makes sense within this supernatural layer…then they’d have to accept that the Christian concept of God is the correct understanding of God.
I’m a former Atheist.It’s a lot of rules and stuff.
I know it is the truth but being Catholic doesn’t always make me happy in fact it makes me feel imprisoned many times in regards to lust and sometimes I feel like I am actually defying what my body wants by trying to follow the teaching of the Church.
But there is nowhere else to go.
Yet I could see that a reason why someone who isn’t Catholic wouldn’t want to get involved with always feeling like a sinner and never good enough.
I think my faith is rooted in the other end of the existence spectrum. That is profoundly articulated by the first two questions of the old Penny Catechism.Equally, similar proof of the points above would lead me to conclude it was appropriate to be a Christian if my aim was a happy eternal life. I would not mourn my lost non-belief for an instant.