R
rosejmj
Guest
I don’t want to offend anyone, but I read an article in which the author seemed to say that if Jesus is God it wouod be completely masochistic to choose to die by crucifixion… I’m not sure I’m phrasing it right but this is what it sounded like.
I have had related questions about the death of Jesus. I have always been told that he was crucified out of love for us and to show us his love… And he died to save us from sin etc… But if he is God couldn’t he have chosen a different way? What makes a cruel bloody death more meritorious? Is it just so we owe more gratitude to God for saving us? It is not like we needed or wanted him to go through that. Also it is not entirely our fault we need saving… We were made with concupiscence
I have had related questions about the death of Jesus. I have always been told that he was crucified out of love for us and to show us his love… And he died to save us from sin etc… But if he is God couldn’t he have chosen a different way? What makes a cruel bloody death more meritorious? Is it just so we owe more gratitude to God for saving us? It is not like we needed or wanted him to go through that. Also it is not entirely our fault we need saving… We were made with concupiscence