Women's Ordination

• Thread starter Thread starter Tyler_Smedley
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tyler_Smedley

What do people here think about women’s ordination? I for one think that it’s wrong and that it will never happen. What are some of your opinions on the issue (I can’t believe that it’s an issue).

Good Call I totally agree but what do you think about these groups who advocate for womens ordination, how do we change their minds?

It’s going to come-maybe not in my lifetime, but it will come. It starts with women in the sanctuary–altar girls, and women extraordinary ministers and women lectors. As we get used to seeing women at the altar, we will wonder why not let them be priests?

More likely than married priests-that will definitely not happen-with the small exception of the Anglican converts.

I disagree. The Byzantine rite currently has married priests, and the Roman rite did for hundreds of years. This is simply a matter of Church discipline; it could change at any time (whether this would be a prudent decision is up for debate). Women priests, on the other hand, are not up for debate. The Pope has closed the issue infallibly. It is an issue of doctrine, not discipline, and hence can never change.

I agree with hananiah, there will never be a validly ordained woman priest ever. Even if they went though the whole ordination rite nothing would happen because she can’t recieve that sacrament. It won’t happen, it can’t happen, its a matter of doctrine and a matter of Gods will.

Tyler Smedley:
Good Call I totally agree but what do you think about these groups who advocate for womens ordination, how do we change their minds?
I’d break their mirrors 🙂 Their mirrors are too busy cracking the whip on them, so they are not likely to listen to a little thing like the Pillar and Foundation of TRUTH. 🙂

Nice, they need to learn that there is nothing wrong with being equal with men but not the same! Different Sexs Different vocations!

Canon 750 #2 (Code of Canon Law) reads as follows:

Each and every thing which is proposed definitively by the magisterium of the Church concerning the doctrine of faith and morals, that is, each and every thing which is required to safeguard reverently and to expound faithfully the same deposit of faith, is also to be firmly embraced and retained; therefore, **one who refuses ** those propositions which are to be held definitively **is opposed ** to the doctrine of the Catholic Church.”

now let’s look at John Paul II’s letter on Womens Ordination (Ordinatio Sacerdotalis) paragraph 4:

"… Wherefore, in order that all doubt may be removed regarding a matter of great importance, a matter which pertains to the Church’s divine constitution itself, in virtue of my ministry of confirming the brethren (cf.Lk 22:32) **I declare ** that the Church has **no authority ** whatsoever to confer priestly ordination on women and that this judgment is to be definitively held by all the Church’s faithful."

interpretation: It aint gonna happen folks 😃

interestingly enough Canon 751 begins like this:

“Heresy is the obstinate denial or obstinate doubt after the reception of baptism of some truth which is to be believed by divine and Catholic faith;…”

Cephas

40.png
trucatholic:
It’s going to come-maybe not in my lifetime, but it will come. It starts with women in the sanctuary–altar girls, and women extraordinary ministers and women lectors. As we get used to seeing women at the altar, we will wonder why not let them be priests?
Good point on the heresy of the girl-altar-boy breach.

the girl-altar-boy is the 5th column of the heretics and all the dissidents need is for the Church and leaders to be silent and not mainating the Apostolic Tradition of the all-male altar boys.

If the Church truly wanted to catechise and teach truth and also not interfere with the call to the priesthood than they would maintain this Holy Sacred 2000 year Apostolic Tradition. Failure to do so means the Church is teaching heresy.

Nice post by Cephas! Women hold a dignity all their own and it is no slight whatsoever that their role in God’s Kingdom does not include the Priesthood.

When the Church is able to give men the ability to bear children :eek: , She will be able to give women the ability to become priests :rolleyes: . Why is it that people cannot accept that if God gave us different physical capacities, He also gave us different spiritual capacities :confused:? This doesn’t make us better, worse, lesser, greater, or anything but God’s children 🙂 . But we ARE different. God made us different. The Church continues to uphold that difference, not out of chauvinism, malice, spite, injustice, or any other discriminatory reason, but rather because through discernment of the Holy Spirit, the conclusion has been such to mandate that it is True.

:amen: Maggie :amen:

Thanks for the kind words tmitchell2.

and Agomemnon, the Church cannot teach heresy.

That would make Jesus a liar. For he said that the gates of hell will not prevail against the Church. Heresy is sin. Sin (mortal that is) merits hell.

cephas :o

I agree, women’s ordination cannot happen, pretty much for the reason that Maggie stated, and the fact that the pope has settled the issue. Women cannot become Fathers, and men cannot become Mothers.

One way to look at it is this: A priest acts in persona Christi, in effect allowing Christ to use his person, which includes his body, to act in the world, especially in celebrating the Eucharist. A woman priest would in effect force Christ to change his gender.

40.png
Maggie:
When the Church is able to give men the ability to bear children :eek: , She will be able to give women the ability to become priests :rolleyes: . Why is it that people cannot accept that if God gave us different physical capacities, He also gave us different spiritual capacities :confused:? This doesn’t make us better, worse, lesser, greater, or anything but God’s children 🙂 . But we ARE different. God made us different. The Church continues to uphold that difference, not out of chauvinism, malice, spite, injustice, or any other discriminatory reason, but rather because through discernment of the Holy Spirit, the conclusion has been such to mandate that it is True.
Outstanding post. May God Bless you.

40.png
Maggie:
When the Church is able to give men the ability to bear children :eek: , She will be able to give women the ability to become priests
If that is the choice, Quasimodo wishes to cast his vote for a male priesthood.

40.png
quasimodo:
If that is the choice, Quasimodo wishes to cast his vote for a male priesthood.
I had a hunch you’d chime in on this.

Anyone who disagrees has bats in their belfrey.

Peace in Christ…Salmon

I would agree that men and women definitely have different roles all through their lives. One does not make the other better or worse, but complimentary. They are both important. The priesthood is reserved for men, but does not diminish the role of women. All you have to do is look at Mother Theresa, she had a huge impact on christianity, and not only Catholics. I think we need a little more teaching on appreciating where God places us in life, and where he calls us to be. I for one would not like to see women ordained.

40.png
trucatholic:
It’s going to come-maybe not in my lifetime, but it will come.
Where do you get such delutions, from all the Protestant churches that have women pastors? This is a given matter from the early Church, and stated so by the Pope. Case closed! 👍
More likely than married priests-that will definitely not happen-with the small exception of the Anglican converts.
Following your thinking on women being ordained, this discipline being held solid makes no sense. It’s only the Latin Rite which holds to celibacy, not the entire Church.

Kotton 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back