Zarqawi Threatens Vatican

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
aimee:
It would seem like some posters need a little more info…
But all 5 links had the same info.
40.png
aimee:
although my guess is there is if you were provided only one link, you’d complain there wasn’t more links, either that or you would say it was a right wing or discount the publication…so several were provided … 🙂
Since I’ve never done that (complain about a perceived lack of links to a story), I don’t see on what basis you could say that.

About your other point (discounting a source because it was ‘right wing’ or biased against me), I think I’ve only done that once. I decided after that to refrain from that tactic because IMO it’s counterproductive to effective argument. When you can’t refute the argument, trash the source. This is something I have first hand knowledge of, as war supporters constantly do it to me.
 
Isalm is a militaristic religion that has brutalised its geographic neighbors since the day mohammed killed his first unbeliever. No surprise to Europeans.

When Amercians were thinking about independce European bishops had to worry if they would be the next one sawn in two on their altars by muslims in own their catherdals. It has happened before and it will happen again.

God Bless
 
40.png
gnjsdad:
Why did you post 5 different links to the same story? Seems like a lot of extra work…
Just showing how widely spread the story is. In case someone claimed conservative bias.
 
40.png
aimee:
It would seem like some posters need a little more info…although my guess is there is if you were provided only one link, you’d complain there wasn’t more links, either that or you would say it was a right wing or discount the publication…so several were provided … 🙂
Exactly;)
 
I don’t think I really understand the world you people are living in.

Europe has been invaded by Islam since the end of WW2 at an ever accelerating rate and with the complicity of European govts. Many formerly great European Christian cities are already majority muslim. The gates to the great European Christian citadel were thrown open.

And all of this with barely a peep of protest from the Vatican. If anything the Vatican has been busy ‘embracing diversity’.

Do you think Europe’s Christian people like this? For all their failings, and for all their rotten govts, they most certainly do not!

Yet, all it takes is one dubious news story to get all the hard-blowing big talk about crusades.

Crusade for what? To liberate the oil fields? To build the third temple in Jerusalem? What?

Talk about lemmings!

What good the Vatican if it allows countless souls to fall away? O perhaps they’re playing the big game. Is that their job now?
 
40.png
gilliam:
You regularly trash my sources as pinko liberal commies or Jihadists or both. Who can forget your classic description of the Financial Times as an anti-American Rag? Or al Jazeera as all the Jihad all the time?
 
😦 It is a very sad day when extremists of any religion threaten the Vatican. I have heard of the Temple Institute of Jerusalem also demanding that the Vatican turn over the Ark of the Covenant and these are extremists on the Jewish side. As for having another Crusade…can you say the word INSANITY??? I knew you could…Seems to me that a person who even mentions the crusades would do a very good job in watching his own tongue unless he has done any study of the crusades. HELLO? Ever heard of SALADIN? Must God once again prove that if Christians (or Jews for that matter) ever again think it is possible to commit genocide against the arab and muslim people that they themselves will be once again drawn into a neverending and bloody war of atrition that YOU WILL NOT EVER WIN. I hear the abhorrent and extremely racist views of many fundamentalist and evangelicals who know very VERY little about muslims, the VARIETY of muslims (sorry guy there is good and bad in ALL religions) and I mourn this. My God, our soldiers have better sense than most of our citizens who on a regular basis just mindlessly spew vitriol against conflicts and people they know so little about. What we need are more Saint Francis’es and much less ‘kill ‘em all before they kill us’ crusaders, thank you very much. There was a legitimate reason in many ways I believe for the Crusades of their time. It was to teach Catholic Christians, Jewish people, and Muslim people that God WILL work with men and women of all faiths in the common hope that we can have peace, worship as our conscience would lead us, and not persecute each other. Our Muslim brothers and sisters (sorry if I offend anyone for following the teaching of the Church when it comes to the Human Family as a Whole) do have many things to work out and we must pray for them to learn to be more tolerant of those who want peace with them but to investigate and prosecute people and organizations that would do harm to anyone whether domestic or foreign, just as our own country does. In other words, they have their Wacos and we have ours.’ However laypeople in our Church NEED to understand that you will always have those who are more interested in peacemaking than warmongering. Can anyone here provide the info about this threat that Zarqawi has made? Just as Khalid Sheik Mohammed was a rather ‘big catch,’ that I thank God we did, the same for this sad Muslim who choses to give himself over to what peaceful Muslims would probably call ‘Iblis’ (Muslim word for the devil; and when they call us ‘great satan,’ it means ‘fiery destruction’) and I am sorry to inform you of this but this nation I struggle with being proud of has committed some extremely atrocious crimes against Muslim soldiers, even those who have surrendered in both of what I call the Bloody Bush Wars. Mustard gas…did you know that the grandfather of our current president was not only Hitler’s banker but probably made sure that these reprehensibly destructive weapons were salvaged and preserved from WWII? How do you know Saddam was not intimidated into using them against the kurds just so our good 'ol boys in the Pentagon could see how that stuff works? This nation (just as Ted Flynn’s book Hope of the Wicked reveals) has contributed an incredible amount to these conflicts that have caused an incomprehensible amount of suffering just for the sake of monetary gain. I once talked to a radio board operator who said that war is good for the economy. What if you wake up one morning just like 9-11 and hear that we no longer have an economy?
 
One last thing…I’m sorry, but the Muslim Imam in nearby Decatur Illinois who is good friends with a parish priest I know is not a militant terrorist and I am sick of people who make them all out to be just that. You sound just as bad as some of these evangelical talkshows on the radio who are hardcore racists. Ignorance breeds hatred. Read ‘The Bible and the Qu’ran,’ by Jacques Jomier, O.P. I just ordered it from Catholic Answers. Quit believing all of your non-Catholic friends rhetoric who rely on Pastor Billy Jimmy Bob Joe Ray and his fiery sermon about dem muslims who has never even read one book about Muslims or Muhammad. And when it comes to killing, all religions have done their share throughout history. As for all of Europe turning Muslim…I like you, you make me laugh. You also sound just like the wingnuts on the evangelical radio shows that lie saying that all of Europe’s churches are empty. 😃
 
Eric,

Parse your thoughts into paragraphs. It makes your posts much easier to read.
 
40.png
gilliam:
OK, all of you who somehow think this is not a religious war, now what?

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AHN) – Key al-Qaida figure in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, is planning to attack the White House and the Vatican, according to an audio-tape posted on the Internet on Saturday.

This is the first time an al-Qaida leader has explicitly talked of attacking the headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church.

Earlier on Friday, in a similar audiotape, Zarqawi himself warned more attacks against US forces in Iraq.

He also urged followers to be cautious of any US attempt at initiate dialogue. According to reports, Zarqawi also launched verbal assault at Shia Muslims by calling them “rotten.”

The Shia Muslims are considered unorthodox by the Sunni al-Qaida. He didn’t spare Iraqi Sunni Muslim clerics for failing to support the insurgency.

The voice on the tape has been established as that of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi’s.

“After conducting a technical analysis, we assess with high confidence that the voice is that of Abu Musab al- Zarqawi,” An anonymous US intelligence official told the news agency.

Zarqawi’s recorded voice on the tape directly addressed US president George W. Bush.” You, Bush, we will not rest until we avenge our dignity,” the voice said. “We will not rest while your army is here as long as there is a pulse in our vein.”

allheadlinenews.com/articles/2229902308
If he wants a holy war, I’m ready.
 
40.png
Eric1975:
One last thing…I’m sorry, but the Muslim Imam in nearby Decatur Illinois who is good friends with a parish priest I know is not a militant terrorist and I am sick of people who make them all out to be just that. You sound just as bad as some of these evangelical talkshows on the radio who are hardcore racists. Ignorance breeds hatred. Read ‘The Bible and the Qu’ran,’ by Jacques Jomier, O.P. I just ordered it from Catholic Answers. Quit believing all of your non-Catholic friends rhetoric who rely on Pastor Billy Jimmy Bob Joe Ray and his fiery sermon about dem muslims who has never even read one book about Muslims or Muhammad. And when it comes to killing, all religions have done their share throughout history. As for all of Europe turning Muslim…I like you, you make me laugh. You also sound just like the wingnuts on the evangelical radio shows that lie saying that all of Europe’s churches are empty. 😃
Why there are such violent muslims, then?
 
You know I think all the people who are refusing to accept war as a way to peace are forgetting that peace didn’t stop WWI and WWII, I wonder what Hitler would have thought about the peacemaking efforts? Not much different here, except that we have Identified the problem and people are wanting to have diolog with people who would rather shoot them instead. Peace is a two way street. If the other guy doesn’t want it then it won’t work.

As for the crusades, people we were at war and the Muslems had taken the Holy Land! When were we supposed to act? When the marched up to Italy? Which they did by the way! When the sacked Rome? Which they did! Come on peace is good but some times war is nessecary to obtain it.

When the Holy Father calles upon the K of C I will be ready! Armor and all!
 
40.png
Eric1975:
One last thing…I’m sorry, but the Muslim Imam in nearby Decatur Illinois who is good friends with a parish priest I know is not a militant terrorist and I am sick of people who make them all out to be just that. You sound just as bad as some of these evangelical talkshows on the radio who are hardcore racists. Ignorance breeds hatred. Read ‘The Bible and the Qu’ran,’ by Jacques Jomier, O.P. I just ordered it from Catholic Answers. Quit believing all of your non-Catholic friends rhetoric who rely on Pastor Billy Jimmy Bob Joe Ray and his fiery sermon about dem muslims who has never even read one book about Muslims or Muhammad. And when it comes to killing, all religions have done their share throughout history. As for all of Europe turning Muslim…I like you, you make me laugh. You also sound just like the wingnuts on the evangelical radio shows that lie saying that all of Europe’s churches are empty. 😃
You know its been a while since I heard of a Catholic blowing himself up in a job line, and I don’t know the last time that a Catholic theocracy was cuting peoples hands off and necklacing (putting a tire around her neck and then gasoline then a lit match)women who got pregnant out of wedlock. Sure people in the Church has failed in its mission, but guess what we are not perfect. Its one thing to understand Muslims and another to accept their worldview, which is what I think you may be doing.

Plus have you seen the firgues for mass attendence in Europe? Pathetic less then 10 percent in some countries, that doesn’t sound full to me…
 
40.png
Matt25:
I doubt anyone thinks of al Qaeda as a secular organisation. Unlike the Iraqi Baath Party. It was the invasion of Iraq that turned it into a playground for religious extremists. Saddam tended to murder them since they were inclined to murder him.

The war on terror did not lead to the invasion of Iraq. The invasion of Iraq has strengthened terrorism not weakened it.
Matt25 … your friend in the US totally agrees with you! Iraq was a secular nation until Saddam was overthrown, now it is full of Islamic extremist. I just wonder about the Iraqi Christians in Iraq and other Arabic Christians in the Middle East … I heard things have gotten worse for them since W. Bush’s war. I pray for them all the time.
 
40.png
bluezone7:
Matt25 … your friend in the US totally agrees with you! Iraq was a secular nation until Saddam was overthrown, now it is full of Islamic extremist. I just wonder about the Iraqi Christians in Iraq and other Arabic Christians in the Middle East … I heard things have gotten worse for them since W. Bush’s war. I pray for them all the time.
They are still digging up the bodies of people Saddam killed. Including Kurds and Christians. Because terrorists and Baathists are murdering people today in Iraq is no reason to yearn for the return of Saddam.
 
40.png
gilliam:
They are still digging up the bodies of people Saddam killed. Including Kurds and Christians. Because terrorists and Baathists are murdering people today in Iraq is no reason to yearn for the return of Saddam.
I don’t yearn for that tyrant’s return.… the US government is the one that kept him in power to oppose Iran during the Cold War. I am just stating the simple truth that the removal of Saddam has totally destabilized Iraq. As evil as he was he did a better job of managing that country than we can do now. Yet the lesser of two evils is America’s occupation of the area. The Right Wing Neo-cons in this country have what they want and the right wing Muslim extremist have what they want. The perfect excuse … Iraq.
 
40.png
bluezone7:
I don’t yearn for that tyrant’s return.… the US government is the one that kept him in power to oppose Iran during the Cold War. I am just stating the simple truth that the removal of Saddam has totally destabilized Iraq. As evil as he was he did a better job of managing that country than we can do now. Yet the lesser of two evils is America’s occupation of the area. The Right Wing Neo-cons in this country have what they want and the right wing Muslim extremist have what they want. The perfect excuse … Iraq.
The invasion of Europe completely destabilized Europe. Hitler was doing a pretty good job of managing that continent before the nasty US invaded it. Maybe we should have left him be? After all, we helped to keep him in power in the 30s. IMHO, this is defeatist thinking and can be done on all hard efforts, no matter what they are. We are at war. Major wars have ebbs and flows. We started a job, we will complete it.

The Church is right wing by the way. And the Church wants us to stay in Iraq until they can stand on their own feet.

It would seem to me the people who want us to leave want us to leave, simply so they can say “I told you so”. That is no way to treat the 25,000,000 Iraqis. The Church knows that and that is way the Vatican wants us to stay until the Iraqis can stand on their own 2 feet.

AND WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ZARQAWI THREATENING THE VATICAN???
 
40.png
gilliam:
The invasion of Europe completely destabilized Europe. Hitler was doing a pretty good job of managing that continent. Maybe we should have left him be? After all, we helped to keep him in power in the 30s. IMHO, this is rubbish. We are at war. Major wars have ebbs and flows. We started a job, we will complete it.
Oh Pleassssssse … Hitler…Hitler…Hitler! What an apples and oranges comparison. We broke it (that would be Iraq) we bought it!!! Actually Hitler was a very weak dictator.
 
40.png
bluezone7:
Oh Pleassssssse … Hitler…Hitler…Hitler! What an apples and oranges comparison. We broke it (that would be Iraq) we bought it!!! Actually Hitler was a very weak dictator.
I agree we are responsible for making sure Iraq stands on its own feet again. That was the responsibility we took when we went in. This is no shock. Everyone realized this going in. Bush talked about it. The Whitehouse planned for it. (See: Woodward’s Book “Plan of Attack”) It has been tougher than we thought, but we are suppose to be tough Americans and can weather the storm.

Yet, as the insurgents increasingly go after Iraqi civilians, one thing has become clear: Theirs is not, as many people maintained before the Jan. 30 elections, a struggle against American “occupation.” It is a fight against a legitimate government trying to operate under the principle of self-rule – and trying for the most part, notwithstanding terrible provocations, to include every ethnic group. As Mr. Rumsfeld said, their only strategy is butchery. That doesn’t mean they are sure to lose; their barbarism can go a long way toward slowing the economic and political progress that Mr. Rumsfeld said is necessary. It does mean that the United States is right to help the Iraqis battle back. Washington Post Editorial, 5/15/05 (Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com …
 
:clapping:
40.png
gilliam:
Then the Washington Post and a lot of the liberal media have their heads in the sand 😃

Nation facing fewer credible terror threats
Indianapolis Star, IN
By Dana Priest and Spencer Hsu. WASHINGTON – Reports of credible terrorist threats against the United States are at their lowest …

Threats of terrorist attacks on US lowest since 9/11, officials …
Boston Globe, MA
By and Spencer Hsu, Washington Post | May 1, 2005. WASHINGTON – Reports of credible terrorist threats against the United States …

Terrorist threats on US at lowest level since 9/11
Houston Chronicle, TX - 14 hours ago
WASHINGTON - Reports of credible terrorist threats against the United States are at their lowest level since the attacks of Sept. …
US sees drop in terrorist threats
MSNBC -
By Dana Priest and Spencer Hsu. Reports of credible terrorist threats against the United States are at their lowest level since the attacks of Sept. …
Terrorism threats to US down
Palm Beach Post, FL
By The Washington Post. WASHINGTON — Reports of credible terrorist threats against the United States are at their lowest level since the Sept. …
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top