30 officers hurt in Philadelphia amid looting

• Thread starter Thread starter RhodesianSon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they can. I did not say leave the scene. If someone later got killed and injured, that is not something one can ever know. If someone there was in imminent danger, then that would not be a time one could retreat.

40.png
Trader:
Is it your opinion that a mentally ill person advancing with a knife is a lesser threat than a sane person advancing on police with a knife?
It is if that sane person has a killer’s agenda, like the ones in France did.
We’ll take that as admission that just one person with a knife can inflict death on numerous people.

How does one assess whether a particular individual “has an agenda” or not? Especially when they are completely irrational in their behaviour?

And you are assessing the sanity of the individual in Nice who killed 3 or more beheading two of them as “sane with a killer’s agenda?” You know that how, exactly?

How does one assess whether a particular individual “has an agenda” or not?
I don’t know. How does one assess if a person has an agenda if he shows up at a demonstration wearing camouflage and holding an AK-47? Would you want to give that person the benefit of the doubt in defense of the 2nd amendment, unless he actually shoots someone? I’ll bet your tolerance of people with an unknown agenda is much higher for his type than for the late Walter Wallace.

40.png
HarryStotle:
How does one assess whether a particular individual “has an agenda” or not?
I don’t know. How does one assess if a person has an agenda if he shows up at a demonstration wearing camouflage and holding an AK-47? Would you want to give that person the benefit of the doubt in defense of the 2nd amendment, unless he actually shoots someone? I’ll bet your tolerance of people with an unknown agenda is much higher for his type than for the late Walter Wallace.
If I recall you were quite worked up about the lockdown protesters in Michigan that carried guns but did no one harm and cleaned up after themselves, but you excused the BLM and Antifa types that burned down city blocks, rioted and looted with abandon.

I’ll trust my judgement of individuals as individuals more than your stereotyping, but thanks for your insights.

Last edited:
40.png
HarryStotle:
It would be safe to say that someone suffering - in Leaf’s words - “a mental breakdown” is not operating under the auspices of rationality. So to assume a mental health professional would be able to reason with that person…
What makes you think that a mental health professional is going to try to engage the person in a logical debate? Appeals to emotion are likely to be much more effective than appeals to logic. Maybe you should talk to these professionals and learn how they do their job.
Are you an expert on police training…
Are you an expert in mental health management?
Every serious expert I’ve read or heard does not support what you have to say.
You mean just the serious experts on Fox News?
Actually, Leaf we have been through several similar discussions on Jacob Blake and Breonna Taylor and I have never cited Fox News.

I have cited people like Brandon Tatum, Nate Broady, Robert Barnes and others. Two of whom were police officers and two are currently lawyers whose expertise is the law and officer training/guiding policies.

Here is a very good breakdown of the legalities involved in the Walter Wallace case by former police officer and now lawyer Nate Broady.

Feel free to post your comments on the facts, evidence and legal considerations. Kindly refrain from bringing up irrelevancies about Fox.

It dawned on me watching the Walter Wallace incident that you appear to have a high opinion of the capacities of social workers and a low opinion of police officers. Perhaps that colours your perspective of how an “ideal” or superhuman intervenor (i.e., a social worker) could have easily de-escalated or disarmed Wallace? Just a thought.

After watching the three other incidents that Broady shows in the video - the first in particular - it is more clear to me that utopic delusions of how superhumans would have handled the incident is not the basis for judging police officers. What a reasonable person would do is far more fair and just.

But do watch the video - just to put your troubled mind at ease that Fox isn’t the Oracle at Delphi for conservative types.

Last edited:
40.png
pnewton:
I know if I had a problematic family member, I would never call the police.
If they were bigger and stronger than me and threatening themself or others with a weapon I would
There are other that agree with you. Just remember, that if you call the police, a police response is what you will get. You have to understand that if this family member threatens the police in a a manner that scares them, he will likely be killed.

It’s definitely a judgement call, and not to be taken lightly.

40.png
0Scarlett_nidiyilii:
40.png
pnewton:
I know if I had a problematic family member, I would never call the police.
If they were bigger and stronger than me and threatening themself or others with a weapon I would
There are other that agree with you. Just remember, that if you call the police, a police response is what you will get. You have to understand that if this family member threatens the police in a a manner that scares them, he will likely be killed.
It wasn’t the first time he assaulted members of his family or resisted arrest by threatening and attacking police officers. Check his criminal record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back