A day after refusing to condemn white supremacists, Trump aims a xenophobic attack at Ilhan Omar

• Thread starter Thread starter Nepperhan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
JonNC:
We can now dispense with the accusation of “white privilege”, “inherent racism”, “institutional racism”.
As you stated in regard to Omar, those are criticisms as to acts, not status. So they can stay.
We don’t agree on much, so it is refreshing when we do agree.
Two spot on posts!

Ohh whatever will all of you do if Trump (God forbid) is defeated?.Geez things will be sooo calm and quiet here

Last edited:
Ohh whatever will all of you do if Trump (God forbid) is defeated?.Geez things will be sooo calm and quiet here
I think you’re right, Jeanne. If Biden wins, a lot of people will be gone, including me. While I imagine I’m too small fry to interest a vengeful Dem party, there might be someone willing to crack into CAF to discover who is an “irredeemable” “bitter clinger” “smelly Walmart shopper” in whom our “dogma speaks loudly within us” and is therefore an enemy of the “englightened state”. I don’t think we’ll see many Republican candidates of consequence anymore because they’ll have to worry about whether the FBI is preparing an indictment just because they’re Republicans.

And if the Dems will do what we know they have done in subverting powerful institutions for political purposes, we don’t and can’t know the exact limits to which they’ll reach. Being a faithful Catholic will be costly in this country, just as it was in the 1920s.

I don’t think we’ll see many Republican candidates of consequence anymore because they’ll have to worry about whether the FBI is preparing an indictment just because they’re Republicans.
Please take off that ‘victim in advance’ cloak. The ACLU, which many describe as leftist, would not allow such to happen without being challenged.
Being a faithful Catholic will be costly in this country, just as it was in the 1920s.
It was in 1924 that the Democrats proposed a party plank condemning the KKK and in 1928 they ran a Catholic for president, since you mention that era. Is that the type of return faithful Catholics should fear?

Last edited:
Or we build our own platforms, our own institutions, our own communities, and even our own country. One nationalist can be broken like a twig. Together we are unbreakable. Fascinating to say the least.

Or we build our own platforms, our own institutions, our own communities, and even our own country. One nationalist can be broken like a twig. Together we are unbreakable. Fascinating to say the least.
E pluribus unum. Or, you can’t always get what you want. What’s wrong with sharing?

They shared a common language, Christianity, heritage of English common law and for the most part ethnicity. They were more one than we will ever be.

The fact that I have to share it with people who metaphorically spit on my heroes, ancestors, and religion is what is wrong.

Last edited:
They shared a common language, religion, heritage of English common law and for the most part ethnicity. They were more one than we will ever be.
Actually, no. With the Irish, Jews, Germans and Native Americans, the colonies were more diverse than you state. Power just rested in a few individuals.
The fact that I have to share it with people who metaphorically spit on my heroes, ancestors, and religion is what is wrong.
You don’t want to be in a country except with folks who share your views of history and share your religion? That’s sort of communistic or at least theocratic.

Last edited:
Actually, no. With the Irish, Jews, Germans and Native Americans, the colonies were more diverse than you state. Power just rested in a few individuals.
The colonies were predominantly English as I pointed out earlier, the Irish, Jews, and Germans made up a small percentage of the overall population. Even then all those groups would be considered white by the American left today, not very diverse at all. The Indians were their own nations. Peddle your fake history elsewhere.
You don’t want to be in a country except with folks who share your views of history and share your religion? That’s sort of communistic or at least theocratic.
No, its just not inviting enemies into your family dwelling. Applying the lessons of the story of the farmer and viper.

The colonies were predominantly English as I pointed out earlier, the Irish, Jews, and Germans made up a small percentage of the overall population.
In 1776, 20% of the population was of African descent. 24% of the population had been born outside the colonies. 6% were of German origin, 7% of Irish origin, 3% Scots. That’s a third of the population not of English descent, like I said. Out of 2.4 million people there were about 2,000 Jews.

Last edited:
Your own link states that 24% foreign born is based on patently absurd assumptions. The 20% of Africans were mostly slaves, lacked political power and were not regarded as part of the American populus. So outside of a tiny fraction of a percent of Jews, that leaves us with a people that was overwhelmingly Ango-Saxon and majority Christian.

That is the past though, and I will note that their children still wound up fighting a war over their cultural differences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back