A question about modern Judaism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that answer that question?
No. I don’t understand your reply.

My friend, does not accept Jesus. He is a Reform Jewish Rabbi, so that’s not shocking.

Is he a real Jew?

Is he your brother in faith?

Is he responsible for Jesus’ death?

No. I don’t understand your reply.
It’s difficult for me to accept that one cannot understand my answer to the question of whether or not that man is my brother in Faith

Whatever.

What part of my answer can/did you - not comprehend?

Last edited:
What part of my answer can/did you not comprehend?
The rest of it really.

Do you think he is a real Jew?

Do you think he is responsibly for Jesus’ death?

Again, he’s a Reform Jewish Rabbi who does not have faith in Jesus.

In other words, you really can not or will not answer my question?
I did answer your question. I don’t know if you think my Reform Jewish Rabbi friend is a real Jew or not. I also don’t know if you do or do not hold him responsible for the death of Jesus.

Did I miss another question? I’m not trolling you, I seriously want to understand you. I’m just having a hard time doing that.

I did answer your question
Not the one concerning my answer of whether or not your friend is my brother in faith… If we cannot get past that, I see no reason to continue - unless / until we resolve it.

Faith in Jesus is a very specific / unique Faith
It’s what separated Jews who accepted Him from Jews who did not.
Jesus is the eldest ‘brother’ of all who have Faith in Him, Jesus.

So you tell me… Are your friend and I ‘brothers’ in Faith… ?

This following might help

Jesus’ Mother and Brothers​

While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”

He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. , For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Last edited:
So you tell me… Are your friend and I ‘brothers’ in Faith … ?
I think so, and he thinks so. But I’m interested in what YOU think.

My friend, a Reform Jewish Rabbi, does not have faith in Jesus.

Do YOU think he is a real Jew?

Do YOU think he is responsible for the death of Jesus?

I think so, and he thinks so. But I’m interested in what YOU think.
My friend, a Reform Jewish Rabbi, does not have faith in Jesus.
It matters not to me whether he, you, are Jewish, Rabbi, or not.

You responses remain confusing…

What or Who does your friend have faith in?

_

You responses remain confusing…
Sorry. I’m trying to help us understand each other. I appreciate your effort.
What or Who does your friend have faith in?
God. I have mentioned that he is a Reform Jewish Rabbi. His faith is in God. He does not believe God has a son, or sent Jesus to this world as a Messiah.
It matters not to me whether he, you, are Jewish, Rabbi, or not.
That’s good, but it sounds like you don’t think he is your brother in faith. I’m not sure.

Is he a real Jew? He does not have faith in Jesus.

Is he responsible for the death of Jesus? Again, he does not have faith in Jesus.

I have mentioned that he is a Reform Jewish Rabbi. His faith is in God. He does not believe God has a son, or sent Jesus to this world as a Messiah.
Thanks for clearing that up.

And I have Faith in Jesus - God’s Word…

Do you and/or your friend think that we-two are ‘brothers’ in Faith?

Yes we both do. Do you?
We’re venturing into the realm of the two Existing / sometimes opposing - POV’s…

RE: The Christian POV re: Faith

Faith – Does not and can not exclude 'in God’s Word" as well as “in God”

I’m thinking that you should know that?

Faith – Does not and can not exclude 'in God’s Word" as well as “in God”
OK. So you don’t think you and my friend are brothers in faith. You are entitled to think that.

Do you think he is a real Jew?

Do you think he is responsible for Jesus’ death?

These intra-faith discussions on the nature of Judaism do make me wonder about inter-faith discussions as well.

While it’s good that many, many Christians/Catholics aren’t overly aggrieved about the naughtiness of Jews, the crucially important thing about those who are aggrieved is whether they pose a personal or material threat to Jewish people, is it time to hide the children in case of marauding baptisers?

Well, some do pose a threat, obviously, there are crazies with guns around – but there are Protestant crazies with guns who see the Catholic Church as the whore of Babylon and its adherents as extremely naughty.

So, what about people who see Judaism as fraudulent, what is to be done?

Well, the thing is, if they’re told to shut up, am I going to be told to shut up for arguing that the New Testament is ‘pious fiction’ (with all that implies) as I have done here for many years?

It was a judgement handed down by God, because the Jewish leaders of that time were not faithful to God. The Old system was replaced and what replaced it was in fulfillment of the prophecies.
It would be closer to the historical truth to say it was a judgment handed down by the Romans because the Jewish leaders of that time failed to prevent their people from repeatedly engaging in acts of disloyalty against the Roman Empíre.

Last edited:
OK. So you don’t think you and my friend are brothers in faith. You are entitled to think that.
And your friend is entitled to not have Faith in Jesus,
and think that we’re brothers in Faith…

And Faith in Jesus distinguished and very widely separated
the Jews who accepted Messiah from those Jews who did not?

40.png
billsherman:
I have mentioned that he is a Reform Jewish Rabbi. His faith is in God. He does not believe God has a son, or sent Jesus to this world as a Messiah.
Thanks for clearing that up.

And I have Faith in Jesus - God’s Word…

Do you and/or your friend think that we-two are ‘brothers’ in Faith?
I find myself wondering how you deal with the fact that half of the readings at the typical weekend Mass are from the Jewish scriptures. Perhaps you don’t view those as the “real” Word of God?

Well, the thing is, if they’re told to shut up, am I going to be told to shut up for arguing that the New Testament is ‘pious fiction’ (with all that implies) as I have done here for many years?
I don’t think they should be made to be silenced. It’s better to know what they think and what their views are with relation to God and Salvation.
By their fruits you shall know them. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Matthew 7:16

It would be closer to the historical truth to say it was a judgment handed down by the Romans because the Jewish leaders of that time failed to prevent their people from repeatedly engaging in acts of disloyalty against the Roman Empíre.
True, I don’t argue that the Romans had their own agenda for destroying Jerusalem and the Temple. However, it was God that allowed it and used another empire to carry out His judgments.

He did similar things in the OT, when the Babylonians carried off the northern tribes, for example. The prophecies were fulfilled nonetheless.

I find myself wondering how you deal with the fact that half of the readings at the typical weekend Mass are from the Jewish scriptures. Perhaps you don’t view those as the “real” Word of God?
You thought that’s a problem with me?

Since that’s False, it makes me wonder about your perception of me?

The Old Testament was Jesus’ Scriptures.

The Old Testament is, Along with the New Testament - a part of Sacred Scriptures

Messiah Jesus is the Fulfillment of the Old Testament

Jesus ushered in the New Covenant

Jesus, Mary, Joseph, the Apostles, 1000’s of the Earliest Christians are Jewish

Does that clear things up for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back