A Question for the Pro-Seclusion Members

• Thread starter Thread starter jochoa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amidst this COVID-19 time, if you find yourself as a strong supporter of the social distancing, seclusion, quarantining, and shelter-in-place ordinances, once this passes, will you also find yourself as a strong supporter of these ordinances for other factors that have the same, if not higher, death rates, such as car accidents, sexually-active people which seek abortions, etc?
What?

Since when would seclusion or shelter-in-place affect the traffic accident rate?

And what possible connection would it have to the abortion issue?

Since when would seclusion or shelter-in-place affect the traffic accident rate?

And what possible connection would it have to the abortion issue?
I think you’re addressing the parts of his argument that are vaguely true, albeit irrelevant. If people stay at home, they’re not traveling; the rate of traffic accidents goes down. If people stay at home rather than go out, then ostensibly, they’re not coming into contact with those folks with whom they might otherwise be having sex. So, the abortion rate might decline a bit. (Although, given that couples are in close quarters in ‘stay-at-home’… 🤔)

Anyway, it misses the point: attempts to lower the number of car accidents or abortions today doesn’t change the number of car accidents or abortions next month. “Stay-at-home”, in the context of containing coronavirus infection rates, does.

40.png
HomeschoolDad:
I fully realize that to build cities overnight, where “all the smart people” could go, and get away from the rest of us over-reacting, hypochondriacal sheeple who are cramping their style, is impossible.
In fact, it’s kinda the whole point of the Noah narrative, albeit cast in a slightly different light…
Again, don’t read any more into my narrative than I intended. We need look no further than the Holocaust, internment camps for Japanese during WWII, and the Cherokee Trail of Tears, to see that getting people together and transporting them, isn’t something pleasant to contemplate.

Nonetheless, I have wondered if such a scenario could work as kind of a “lab experiment” to see if our assumptions about the spread of CV are correct. These people are so smart that they know better than public health authorities? They’re so antsy that it is driving them insane to stay home and chill for a few weeks? Then put 'em all together and see if they’re right. If their rates of infection and serious illness and death rates remain low, then indeed, they’re smarter than the rest of us. I know that such speculation runs on the rumble strips of “violating the dignity of the human person”, but again, just a thought exercise. On my now-rare forays into the larger world (I wear an N95 respirator and, yes, some people look at me funny, wouldn’t be the first time 🤓), I see people wandering around, dawdling in crowded spaces, not comprehending what “social distancing” means, and I fear for their health, but hey, free will, you know. I’m just trying to stay well and keep my family well.

I do have very real concerns about so many people losing their incomes, and what all of this is going to mean for the larger economy, months down the road. Not good, but can’t be helped. No economy, and no people on the face of the earth, has ever been as resilient as we are. Thank God for all of our good gifts of intellect, ambition, and resourcefulness.

Last edited:
and all those clear after that could get back to normal.
Not necessarily. What’s still unclear is whether recovering from it confers immunity. And if it does, for how long? For example, the common cold is a coronavirus, but once you’ve recovered from it, your immunity only lasts about three months.

40.png
Freddy:
and all those clear after that could get back to normal.
Not necessarily. What’s still unclear is whether recovering from it confers immunity. And if it does, for how long? For example, the common cold is a coronavirus, but once you’ve recovered from it, your immunity only lasts about three months.
Which is a dire scenario. It means we won’t be rid of it until a vaccine is developed. And I’m hearing time scales in the region of 18 months. I don’t think people will will accept restrictions for that length of time. I’ve been self isolating at home for just a week and I’m getting a little stir crazy.

Which is a dire scenario. It means we won’t be rid of it until a vaccine is developed. And I’m hearing time scales in the region of 18 months.
👍
Yep… that’s precisely the context. The clue-by-four is pretty painful, isn’t it? (At least, it was for me. 😉 )
I’ve been self isolating at home for just a week and I’m getting a little stir crazy.
Yep. The four walls are closing in.

I’m isolating because my wife had to, having arrived home from the UK a week ago. If she had taken her original return flight she would have been back two days ago. And then taken to a hotel straight from the airport where she’d have to spend two weeks in virtual solitary confinement in a 25 sq m room.

That would have been tough.

Same here, in Dec. I was extremely ill. I believe that I healed because I began taking massive doses of fibrolytic enzymes, which “dissolve” fibrin and other detrimental “stuff,” per day.

I can;t see the comparison its ridiculous to compare free will choice to a deadly virus.

You could choose not to isolate and possibly catch the virus and spread it to loved ones who could die hate to be one of those people and I am sure it has already happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back