As I already posted, government officials and members of Congress are only exempt if they are traveling with a security detail. In fact, I posted this information is response to an earlier post of yours, yet you decided to re-post false information.
voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2010/11/who_is_exempt_from_airport_sec.html
Us regular folks are not given the option to travel with a security detail or to have our security checks done prior to arriving at the airport. This makes them privileged first class ‘citizens’ and us second class.
Have any of them foregone the option to travel with a security detail and put themselves through the humiliation and degradation to which the rest of us are subject? Would any TSA officer have the guts to select a congressperson or their children for the scan or the enhanced pat-down?
The 4th amendment has not been suspended. The 4th amendment will apply to any cases that are brought.
So now I have to apply to a court to have my rights. That isn’t going to help me when I front up to the airport and try to fly somewhere. Looks like I have to be violated first and apply to the court afterwards.
You didn’t provide a link for the alleged Supreme Court ruling.
“We reiterate, too, that where the risk to public safety is substantial and real, blanket suspicionless searches calibrated to the risk may rank as “reasonable”–for example, searches now routine at airports and at entrances to courts and other official buildings.”
This is rather vague. Who decides what is substantial and real? What does ‘
may rank as reasonable’ mean? that anything and everything that the TSA, a government bureaucracy, decides to do
is reasonable? What was the date of this ruling when they say ‘searches now routine’? Does it include the new invasive hands all over your genitals searches? Will it include body cavity searches in the future?
I would have more rights if I was suspected of committing a crime than I have just trying to fly home to visit Mom. It is kind of hard to get from Australia to anywhere else in the world without flying unless we have 6 months or a year’s leave hiding up our sleeves so we can take a boat.
Even then, Janet Napolitano is talking about extending these procedures to include all other forms of transport as well, trains, boats, buses, subways. I’m sure they’ll figure out a way to check personal vehicles too, checkpoints on highways for instance, and they’ll argue that it is all perfectly reasonable for our safety and not a violation of our rights.
Everyone is saying, well, just don’t fly. If they put this in place for other forms of transport, it will be, well, just don’t travel.