B
Brendan
Guest
Is it incumbant on the Vatican to include the underlying data in every letter it send out the bishops of the world. Sorry, that the Vatican says it has seen value in it is enought for me.Brendan, the Vatican statement provides no facts, either. It just rehashes the same “every one knows this is true” fallacy without providing anything to back it up. I’m really interested in someone proving that serving on the altar promotes priestly vocations. I would like it to be proved, but, so far, it’s just an assertion people keep repeating.
Correct, but we probably have the annual number of priestly vocations that most parishes produce.Well, in all honesty, if you did not have this many altar servers the Mass would go on, just like in most parishes.
Your girls are not boys, and so what if they are called to serve. As I pointed out they can call upon no right to serve. Nothing at all is being denied to them.I took a family poll. My kids are mid teens to 20. My wife and girls are appalled that the girls every Sunday are reminded that they are not boys and that they aren’t wanted. If there were only two or three servers, no big deal. But, every boy and no girls - that says a lot to the girls.
And I too took a straw poll. I have 1 son (12, who is serving), 4 daughters ( 10, 8, 6, and 4) and 1 new son ( 3 months). Three of the girls would be of age to serve in our parish. When I asked them if they wanted to serve, they looked at me as if I was from Mars. My 10 year old responded for all “why would we want to do THAT?”
And she is correct. There is no need for her to serve in our parish ( unlike some were there are not enough children), so how can one claim a call that one has no right to in the first place and serves no need for the parish? The boys serve a need by serving, that of investigating a call to the priesthood. Girls cannot filful this need and there is no other need for them at that altar.