Archbp Vigano praises Trump, warns America

• Thread starter Thread starter fide
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear fide,

It is sad to read how many people can take this election so “Lightly”! It is also sad to read comments jokingly made about the words of Archbishop Vigano. I read Archbishop Vigano’s Letter which he wrote for the occasion of the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast. and I was happy to read the Archbishop’s words because his experience in our Country has given him many opportunities to discern what is true and what is not.

The Archbishop is speaking truly in writing:
…The presidential elections in November represent an epochal challenge, a biblical challenge, the outcome of which will be decisive not only for the United States of America but for the whole world. It is necessary that all of you Catholics of America are well aware of the role that Providence has deigned to entrust to your President…
President Trump was not expected to win, but God chose otherwise…I pray God will give this President 4 more years and continue to work good in all who love the USA which God has blessed not only for itself but to be a blessing to other nations as well.

Last edited:
Here’s my question. “Traditionalists” are usually VERY vocal about the public sins of public figures…why is it with Trump, his many public sins, sexual immorality, invalid marriage, etc, etc., is completely and absolutely overlooked? I get saying “his policies are far superior to the other guy’s, and abortion is a super important issue, so I will vote for him”. But this goes way beyond that…here we have an archbishop endorsing him as some sort of cosmic warrior for God. Meanwhile St. John the Baptist was willing to go to prison and be beheaded SIMPLY for calling out the public sexual sins of his king. Nothing to do with policy…he just couldn’t tolerate a public leader who committed public sins.

I don’t get it.

Last edited:
So people could afford the same potential to Biden.
That’s not on his table for this year. He’s still promising only worse and worse. If and when he ever comes to realize the evil in his “party”, and the good - the grace - he is throwing away in the Church he professes but denies in the same breath - if and when he demonstrates one ounce of repentance I’ll be the first to praise God for His mercy.

I noticed he signed himself as the former Apostolic Pronuncio of Washington not to Washington.

I don’t get it.
Can’t you “get” repentance and a new perspective - a new commitment - a new life? He is supporting and promoting and working for GOOD in this country! Doesn’t that say anything to you about what he believes and wants and wills? And for me, the fact of Melania, a believer and a good and strong mother for their son - that she is with him still - says MUCH about him.

Where is it?

Nowhere. He made it up. He hasn’t signed anything.

It would be great if he did, but he hasn’t yet.
Can you be counted on to publicly proclaim praise for Trump when it is signed in public?

Can you be counted on to publicly proclaim praise for Trump when it is signed in public?
No, I will never praise Trump. I will evaluate what he finally signs and see if it actually does anything above protections in place now. If it does, I will acknowledge it…

It is also sad to read comments jokingly made about the words of Archbishop Vigano.
That is very sad, MariaChristi. He seems to be such an earnest, zealous and faithful Catholic - yet he is treated badly in the Church he clearly loves. We must pray for all the faithful and zealous Catholics in the world - clergy and laity - because there are so many tepid and lukewarm, yet so few truly zealous and burning for the glory and the Kingdom of God. The whole Church needs their light.

Last edited:
Can’t you “get” repentance and a new perspective - a new commitment - a new life? He is supporting and promoting and working for GOOD in this country! Doesn’t that say anything to you about what he believes and wants and wills? And for me, the fact of Melania, a believer and a good and strong mother for their son - that she is with him still - says MUCH about him.
Do you think it is a valid marriage? Or are you expecting repentance and a new perspective to happen some time in he future?

40.png
twf:
I don’t get it.
And also to contemplate and discern according to 2 Cor 11 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

This seems like a lot of wishful thinking.

Yes, I believe in repentance. Yes, there is hope that anyone, including Trump, can repent and come to the truth. Yes, his administration has objectively done much good to combat abortion. But I don’t get this belief that Trump is personally a champion of the Lord raised up to save the world…which is how the archbishop’s letter reads. He publicly stated in 2016, during the last election, that he has never asked God for forgiveness and sees no need to do so. His wife may be Catholic, but she’s not fully practicing her faith to my knowledge (they don’t go to Mass right? when they have gone to church I’m pretty sure its typically been Episcopalian…their wedding wasn’t Catholic…their son wasn’t baptized Catholic).
Since 2016, when he said that he’s never asked God for forgiveness, he’s continued to act and speak in a way that often is in conflict with Catholic charity.
Again, I fully get and support that his administration is combating abortion. That is wonderful. It truly is. What I don’t get is this NEED for this man to be a hero or even righteous. Its bizarre…and it just reeks of cult of personality to me. There isn’t a politician on this planet who I would praise in the way the archbishop, yourself, and others are praising this man. Not one. Not a single one.

What I see is that “traditionalists” are very harsh with other politicians…and rightly call out their public sins. Trump violates Catholic charity in a public manner on a routine basis and its a constant chorus of “hail to our chief! hail to the champion of the Lord!”. The fact that he’s truly doing wonderful work in regards to combatting abortion doesn’t just eliminate his other faults.

Biden may be promoting mass genocide of the unborn. That is truly evil. That must be stopped. If you feel you must vote for Trump to stop that, fine. But that doesn’t suddenly eliminate his public sins and faults and make him a saint.

Last edited:
It is sad to read how many people can take this election so “Lightly”! It is also sad to read comments jokingly made about the words of Archbishop Vigano.
What’s really sad is that people aren’t seeing Vigano’s commentary for what it is: hero worship. And claim Trump is pro life when his handling of the virus was the opposite of that.

Last edited:
40.png
FiveLinden:
I noticed he signed himself as the former Apostolic Pronuncio of Washington not to Washington.
And that says something important to you?
To my mind if it is not simply a mistake in a preposition (unusual for diplomats when it comes to their titles) it implies that he sees himself as having some sort of jurisdiction, or at least having had some sort of jurisdiction over Washington DC and hence in relation to US politics. His actual former role was as a representative of the Holy See.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back