Arrest made at Coulter speech

  • Thread starter Thread starter David_Paul
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
wabrams:
Coulter is just as much a propagandist as Moore. She takes a smidgen of fact and runs wild with it.
I would agree that she is as much conservative as Moore is liberal. However, “takes a smidgen of fact and runs wild with it”?? Specifics please.
 
40.png
tuopaolo:
Freedom of speech is about the marketplace of ideas. This person could have made whatever point he may have been trying to make (if he had one at all), without using language which had no purpose related to discourse.

Violence, just because it is in the form of words, is not something that ought to be tolerated (unless tolerating it is necessary to preserve a greater good or avoid a greater evil).
Yes. That person could have made his point in another way but that is apparently the only way he knows how to communicate. It is my observation that those who have nothing substantial to say but feel we need to hear from them, only resort to crudeness, obscenities, vulgarity and just plain ignorance. They have alot of anger on the far left, which dosen’t leave much room for dialogue. If anyone watched on C-Span last year, the anti-war demonstrations in New York, like I did for about 3 hours:bigyikes: (I couldn’t stop watching it:banghead: ) , most of what you saw was alot of name calling and ALOT of obscenities mimicked and screamed for the stationary camera that was set up. It was the height of ignorance to be sure. One of the favorite slogans screamed was #!!# ! Fox News:tsktsk: . The person who yelled obscene remarks and gestures at Ann Coltures speaking engagement , acted out in the lowest form of humanity.
 
40.png
shockerfan:
I would agree that she is as much conservative as Moore is liberal. However, “takes a smidgen of fact and runs wild with it”?? Specifics please.
For starters, her take on McCarthy. McCarthy turned into a stark raving lunatic, crazy with power. How anyone can hold him in such high esteem, is beyond me.
 
40.png
wabrams:
For starters, her take on McCarthy. McCarthy turned into a stark raving lunatic, crazy with power. How anyone can hold him in such high esteem, is beyond me.
While I have not read the book, I understand that her premise is that McCarthy was vilified unfairly by those who opposed him. If his book is like the others, she will have a large number of sources to substantiate her claims.

Have you read the book?
 
40.png
shockerfan:
While I have not read the book, I understand that her premise is that McCarthy was vilified unfairly by those who opposed him. If his book is like the others, she will have a large number of sources to substantiate her claims.

Have you read the book?
I’ve read parts of it. It was filled with so much junk, that I finally gave it away without finishing it. When you right a book and reference several authors whos work as already been debunked, I really don’t take much stock in the book. Her whole point was that McCarthy was doing a great job and was shut down by the liberals. That’s just not true. The whole point was to originally go after his political enemies, claiming they were commies. From there, it just spiralled out of control. The whole thing was a witch hunt. McCarthy was right that the Communist had infiltrated the gov’t, but he was too much in love with himself to ever find them. Coulter basically believes the end justifes the means. Well, when you ruin hundreds of peoples lives for no reason, I don’t think that justifies the end.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not liberal or a Democrat. I am a moderate Republican, but I can’t stand the nut jobs on either side of the fence.
 
40.png
Lucania:
They have alot of anger on the far left, . . .the anti-war demonstrations in New York, like I did for about 3 hours:bigyikes: (I couldn’t stop watching it:banghead: ) , most of what you saw was alot of name calling and ALOT of obscenities mimicked and screamed for the stationary camera
I got entranced by the show too. So alien.

In the 30s and 40s Bella Dodd was taken over by the far left. When the CPUSA turned the hate on itself and began attacking party leaders such as Dodd, she reached the point of considering suicide. She had no life outside the party.

One of her only friends left asked if she would like to see a Priest.He took her to see Monsignor Sheen at Catholic University. That trip saved her life.

Her account of her redemption is here (scroll down about half way):

The School of Darkness

Very powerful.
 
40.png
wabrams:
I’ve read parts of it. Her whole point was that McCarthy was doing a great job and was shut down by the liberals. The whole thing was a witch hunt.
Wrong on both counts. Have you read Executive Sessions of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations of the Committee on Government Operations (McCarthy Hearings 1953-54) which were recently unsealed after 50 years?

It was no “witch hunt.” That term was used by the CPUSA (the term McCarthyism was coined by the CPUSA and first was used by the CPUSA newspaper People’s Weekly World).

McCarthy was not out to destroy. Check out the 5,000 pages above. Time after time, he protected people. That is why the record was sealed. The names of numerous homosexuals and several professors (one at MIT) were not made public.
Cohen and McCarthy were extremely soliticious toward those who testified. Those called who were working for the USSR were flat out obnoxious. And lawyered up to the hilt.

You said you read some of Coulter’s Treason. Most of it is common knowledge to anyone who has studied the field. It is a good introduction to those who have not.

Read any of these books?

Hollywood Party: How Communism Seduced the American Film Industry in the 1930s and 1940s. By Kenneth Lloyd Billingsley.

The Haunted Wood:Soviet Espionage in America. The Stalin Era. By Weinstein, Allen and Alexander Vassiliev.

Clever Girl:Elizabeth Bentley, the Spy Who Ushered in the
McCarthy Era by Lauren Kessler.

The Sword and the Shield: The Mitrokhin Archive and the Secret History of the KGB by Christopher Andrew and Vasili Mitrokhin

The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression by Stephane Courtois,Nicolas Werth,Jean-Louis Panne,Andrzej Paczkowski et al…

Venona, Decoding Soviet Espionage in America by John Earl Haynes,Harvey Klehr.

All stuff we learned after the Berlin Wall fell. There was no “witch hunt” against communists. The danger was real. The CPUSA was not just some Americans who happened to be reds. It was funded and directed by the Kremlin.

My dad was investigated by the FBI. I was too young to rmember but my parents knew Elizabeth Bentley. She lived down the street from us. The tragedy, as Daniel Patrick Moynihan: said shortly before his death, is that Venona was not declassified in the late 1940s. Attempts by the left to cover up this treason and demonize those who told the truth tore America apart.And it is still going on today.
 
40.png
wabrams:
I could have sworn it was Ingraham’s son, but I wasn;t not 100% sure. When the incident did happen, I remember clear as day that the kid was the son of a female pundit for the Republicans.
Laura Ingraham is one of my favorites and Luciana is correct, she’s just getting married this summer. I cannot fathom she’s got a hidden child who was old enough to stop a heckler. Honestly trying to think of who you are speaking of…child of female pundit? Not Ann Coulter. Peggy Noonan? I have never heard that story and I watched most of the Conventions, both of them.

FWIW I would applaud a bystander who pulled down a heckler or someone disrupting a speech. Can you tell I have a thing about this? 😉 People trot out ‘free speech’ to engage in boorish, rude and piggish behavior. I do not pay good money, stand in line and get body searched in order to see some jerk disrupting the speech or seminar but believe me it happens. All of this is inexcusable and should be prevented if possible. If it can’t be prevented, those who are violent, or who throw things should be charged with assault. It’s not funny or cute and quite honestly someone COULD be hurt by flying objects or aspirating thrown food.

I think it was Luciana who said that people who have nothing relevant to say resort to vulgarities, pie or shoe throwing, or trying to scream down the other side. Do they know how pathetic they appear and how much they hurt their cause?

Lisa N
 

They have alot of anger on the far left, . . .the anti-war​

So do the bigots here especially the one who stated a Rainbow sash wearer should be tripped while going to get communion.
 

A warning before anyone clicks in: Raj’s question and actions were sickening.​

…and this quote by the chicken legged bigot isn’t???
  • “I am often asked if I still think we should invade their [Muslim] countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity. The answer is: Now more than ever!”
 
The transcript of Hannity&Colmes interview with Ann Coulter re this latest example of childishness of the liberal left:
 
Lisa N:
FWIW I would applaud a bystander who pulled down a heckler or someone disrupting a speech. Can you tell I have a thing about this? 😉 People trot out ‘free speech’ to engage in boorish, rude and piggish behavior. I do not pay good money, stand in line and get body searched in order to see some jerk disrupting the speech or seminar but believe me it happens. All of this is inexcusable and should be prevented if possible. If it can’t be prevented, those who are violent, or who throw things should be charged with assault. It’s not funny or cute and quite honestly someone COULD be hurt by flying objects or aspirating thrown food.
But in the particular incident I was referring to, the person who got tackled did nothing but boo. No rude language or gesters. He got tackled almost immediately by security, then was kicked several times while down by this kid.
 
40.png
wabrams:
I’m talking about the Free Speech Zones during the presidential campaign. So what you are telling me is it is perfectly legal to put peacefull protesters well out of sight of the standing President is they hold a different viewpoint?
Hey, the libs have imposed Free Speech Zones (“bubble zones”) for abortion protesters for years. Where’ve you been?
 
Panis Angelicas:
Hey, the libs have imposed Free Speech Zones (“bubble zones”) for abortion protesters for years. Where’ve you been?
Where?
 
40.png
wabrams:
Coulter is just as much a propagandist as Moore. She takes a smidgen of fact and runs wild with it.
Isn’t that what you just did with your smidgen of fact about Laura Ingraham?
 
Panis Angelicas:
Isn’t that what you just did with your smidgen of fact about Laura Ingraham?
No. If you had taken the time to read my posts after that, you would have seen where I stated I wasn’t 100% sure it was Laura Ingraham’s kid. I DO remember one of the commnetators stating within 10 minutes after the incident that it was a premominent Republican’s kid. So next time, read the rest of the posts and don’t try to be a smart alec.
 
40.png
wabrams:
The kid who kicked the booer at the RNC was Deryk Schlessinger, Dr. Laura Schessinger’s kid.
So, your smidgen of fact was that some conservative named Laura had a kid (teenager) who kicked a heckler, and you “ran wild” with a false accusation against Miss Ingraham…:ehh:

Well, at least you got the “Laura” part right. 👍
 
Panis Angelicas:
So, your smidgen of fact was that some conservative named Laura had a kid (teenager) who kicked a heckler, and you “ran wild” with a false accusation against Miss Ingraham…:ehh:

Well, at least you got the “Laura” part right. 👍
Uh, no. It seems you’re the one running wild with a false accusation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top