Biased posts?

• Thread starter Thread starter Fitz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fitz

I would just like to know, please without naming anyone, should this anti Jewish and anit American posting be allowed? If so, would I then, in a very unchristian spirit, be allowed to do likewise against another country’s citizens? For instanse if I wanted to rant day after day against let’s say France would I then be allowed to do it? I don’t mean, just a few snide ugly comments that pretty much criticise every French person around. Would that be allowed? I would never post a reliable source. I would stick to sick underground or extremely biased sites that are known for their bias.

I not only think I would be taken off this forum (and rightly so, moderators), but I think I might be banned for a time. I think that perhaps we should be reporting each and every antisemitic comment and in great force. Why are we being politically correct over something so very ugly and so very wrong.

Personally, I don’t care about the anti-American posting, I’m use to it.

I agree with you 100 PERCENT.These kind of things are not producing dialog they are breeding anger:mad: I think we do need to report these things that are filled with hate speech and name calling.God Bless

40.png
gilliam:
Personally, I don’t care about the anti-American posting, I’m use to it.
Although not used to it, and I wish they weren’t so, I will engage them, or ignore them. But I won’t ban them.

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
I agree with you 100 PERCENT.These kind of things are not producing dialog they are breeding anger:mad: I think we do need to report these things that are filled with hate speech and name calling.God Bless
Yes, and I agree with you also, Lisa…Good points, Fitz:thumbsup:

40.png
gilliam:
If you would like to report any post, simply press the forums.catholic-questions.org/images/buttons_cad/report.giflocated at the right of the title of the post.
That is true and I have used it only when I really think something is antisemitic, or if someone is deranged and swearing. However, I have not done it for anti American posts. I really am just wondering if there is a double standard. Could I do that and get away with it/ (Completely rhetorical) I don’t think so. I think much is being accepted for diversity.

I have been ignoring most of them. However, one that was posted this afternoon was just too much and I told the poster that it was all BS. And, I’ll probably get suspended for saying that before he does with all his hate posts.

40.png
Fitz:
I would just like to know, please without naming anyone, should this anti Jewish and anit American posting be allowed? If so, would I then, in a very unchristian spirit, be allowed to do likewise against another country’s citizens? For instanse if I wanted to rant day after day against let’s say France would I then be allowed to do it? I don’t mean, just a few snide ugly comments that pretty much criticise every French person around. Would that be allowed? I would never post a reliable source. I would stick to sick underground or extremely biased sites that are known for their bias.

I not only think I would be taken off this forum (and rightly so, moderators), but I think I might be banned for a time. I think that perhaps we should be reporting each and every antisemitic comment and in great force. Why are we being politically correct over something so very ugly and so very wrong.
I feel free to criticize countries or their policies and governments; I very well cannot then deny others the same privilege. I think however, we all know who specializes in the US and in anti -semitism.

The problem is people continue to engage them - forum posters don’t usually hang round when no one engages them or gives no attention to what they post - so in a real sense I feel, those who keep talking, also keep others talking.

What I would like to know though, is how many times does someone get banned and then keep getting back in - it seems pointless to suspend someone and then keep letting them in again to start the entire syndrome all over again.

40.png
HagiaSophia:
I
What I would like to know though, is how many times does someone get banned and then keep getting back in - it seems pointless to suspend someone and then keep letting them in again to start the entire syndrome all over again.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: LOL!!
I think we have nine lives…Peace!

40.png
HagiaSophia:
The problem is people continue to engage them - forum posters don’t usually hang round when no one engages them or gives no attention to what they post - so in a real sense I feel, those who keep talking, also keep others talking.
I have been giving this very idea thought even before you wrote this. I have long been a student of “ignore some bad behavior and it will go away”. Then I get plagued with thinking, we need to stick up for some things. Or, all it takes for evil to survive is for good men or women to do nothing. I have read other posters that say, they always worry that a new poster will come along and think this is representative- so they respond.

However, I think you are right in this particular instance for me. I will not continue to engage. I have tried to stay away. It will take some willpower, but I think I can…Thanks Hagia…Muchas Gracias.

I pointed out that the poster has posted from a nazi white surpremicist website. I think that violates the rules here.

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
I don’t like the idea of censorship. To the extent that posts are motivated by ill will and present skewed facts, the poster’s facts should be challenged and his skew exposed. With certain obsessive posts, it’s clear that the problem lies with the poster, and if anything, he undermines his own arguments. There are also some posters here who clearly are looking to be provocative rather than engaging in meaningful dialogue. For those situations, ultimately it may be best to ignore the malintentioned posts. Ironically, these posters do more harm than good to the point of view that they espouse.

I have in the past reported certain posts, but I have never received a reply of an sort from the moderator. Has anyone every gotten any kind of reply or feed back from them, even after sending a PM to one of them I heard nothing. I have almost come to the concluesion it’s a waste of time.

Linda H.

40.png
chicago:
What’s considered “anti-American”?
That’s a good question. I started this post, so I will speak for myself only. For me it is not just debating the war or politics or voting. It is more in the area of those that espouse extreme leftist views. I am talking about those that find fault with everything American and blame all ills of the world on America as if we had invented all the vices. It is comments that doubt that democracy is good, or I should say those that obsess on it. It is this and more.

I don’t want to go back an pull up quotes because I don’t want it to point at individuals. I have long suspected some of these posters as being the same in one, and therefore only emerging periocially. I think they might want to do this to appear more often. OK, so that is rather paranoid. However, we have had documented cases here of people being banned only to reappear under another name, so it is not without merit.

I really don’t know if I have answered your question. I don’t want you to think however that I expect all people to think alike. The anti american comments come from within the country and from without.

Linda H.:
I have in the past reported certain posts, but I have never received a reply of an sort from the moderator. Has anyone every gotten any kind of reply or feed back from them, even after sending a PM to one of them I heard nothing. I have almost come to the concluesion it’s a waste of time.

Linda H.
Linda, I have been answered several times. One night a ridiculous poster starting posting crazy foul mouthed posts at one per minute and we all reported. I did get a response. I also got a response that one of my reports was not considered to be founded and that they would keep an eye on it. You can’t argue with that. They do have criteria. I know they want things to be charitable, christian, etc. That is what concerned me about some of the antisemitic comments.

I have about 10 people in my ignore list. I am probably on at least that many maybe more. If you don’t like what they say just ignore them. That really upsets them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back