"Biden’s Call for ‘National Mask Mandate’ Gains Traction in Public Health Circles"

• Thread starter Thread starter IanM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had Covid. Returned to work today. My wife had mild cold like symptoms and I never had any.

Let’s stop pretending this is a big deal. It’s a big deal for a small amount people. For everyone else it’s not even as bad as a hangover.

40.png
RhodesianSon:
That’s because you can choose not to wear a seatbelt and no ones going to berate you for it. I’ve never worn one, and never been ticketed for it either. Cops rarely enforce it.
That is not the point. Not wearing a seat belt does NOT endanger others, and most people have no problem with the laws about it. Not wearing a mask endangers others.
I get your point, but I would recommend not using the seat belt example, because a driver NOT wearing a seat belt does create a danger for others. The seat belt keeps the driver behind the wheel to possibly keep control of the car, so as to keep from hitting others…as opposed to possibly getting thrown from the driver’s seat, and totally losing control of the car.

Did you self-isolate when you were diagnosed?

Are you sure you’re no longer infectious now that you’re back to work?

I get your point, but I would recommend not using the seat belt example, because a driver NOT wearing a seat belt does create a danger for others. The seat belt keeps the driver behind the wheel to possibly keep control of the car, so as to keep from hitting others…as opposed to possibly getting thrown from the driver’s seat, and totally losing control of the car.
That danger is so minuscule that it borders on irrelevant. But if you prefer, we could talk about the motorcycle helmet laws.

40.png
KMC:
That danger is so minuscule that it borders on irrelevant. But if you prefer, we could talk about the motorcycle helmet laws.
The danger of me catching COVID while being outside socially distanced not wearing a mask, is so miniscule that it borders on irrelevant. I can see wearing a mask when I am around people, but a law that requires a mask anytime I walk out the front door, is not a science based law.

I did isolate. The local health department told me I was cleared 10 days after my positive test or after the stop of symptoms whichever came first.

I don’t mind wearing a mask if it helps. I do, however, resent the government for mandating that I wear a mask. The Dems are all about big government and big governmental control. Tyranny is often incremental. Just saying…

But if you prefer, we could talk about the motorcycle helmet laws.
I wear a helmet religiously. That said, probably the only difference a helmet makes is open casket vs. closed casket.

Excellent point. That said, no matter who tells me, if something is for my personal protection and/or the protection of others, I have not problem doing it – like it or not.

I put a target on my back last weekend. I followed 6 Sheriff Deputies into a Subway Restaurant.

All six were not wearing a mask. I approached them and said “What wrong with this picture? As far as I know our Governor has not rescinded the Mandatory Mask Executive Order. An Executive Order is Law”

4 scrambled to produce a mask and put them on. The other 2 went out to their vehicle and retrieved theirs.

Then after I had paid for my sandwich, I whispered to the person who took my money " Tell the person whom is handling everyone’s sandwich to put his mask on, I know the owner of this this subway and I will call him."

Now I have been driving very carefully since the encounter with the deputies. 😬

We don’t have a mask mandate here an Idaho and I hope it stays that way. A few stores will require masks, but that’s it. The vast majority of the masks are useless against virus. It’s simply a matter of the government want to look like they’re doing something no matter how useless it is.

We don’t have a mask mandate here an Idaho and I hope it stays that way. A few stores will require masks, but that’s it. The vast majority of the masks are useless against virus. It’s simply a matter of the government want to look like they’re doing something no matter how useless it is.
BTW, my Governor is a Republican and this is a Red State.

There are countries like New Zealand and Australia that did impose strict guidelines and impose heavy fines, they are both now pretty much Covid free and are lifting many of their restrictions.

There are countries like New Zealand and Australia that did impose strict guidelines and impose heavy fines, they are both now pretty much Covid free and are lifting many of their restrictions.
And Europe, not so much virus free.

We have mask mandates in our county. Virus is going up anyway.

Same here in my county in Florida, many still don’t wear them anyway, and there’s no fine even if they don’t.

I don’t view the arguments about masks as being “wear a mask because its 100% effective.” I don’t know anyone that believes that. Masks are not about YOU…they are about everyone else.

Here is an experiment to try at home:
  1. Get a spray bottle and fill it with water
  2. Spray the water into the air
  3. Now, hold up a mask and try to spray water through the mask
  4. Note your observations. Did more water droplets get into the air with or without the mask? I’m will to bet that fewer droplets got into the air without the mask.
thats the point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back