"Biden’s Call for ‘National Mask Mandate’ Gains Traction in Public Health Circles"

• Thread starter Thread starter IanM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have security guards at the grocery store monitoring. You are not allowed entrance to any store without a mask. Everybody wears them.

Same here in my county in Florida, many still don’t wear them anyway, and there’s no fine even if they don’t.
In my State there is suppose to be a 500 dollar fine. But the police don’t enforce it.

That’s true, but you can control Mother Nature to a certain extent which some countries are apparently doing, good luck to them if they’re succeeding.

OK, but in principle no one is saying seatbelt laws are Orwellian…at least no one I know. We’ve come to accept them - at least that they’re on the books. Why are these mask mandates fundamentally different?

Has anyone`s governing authority provided “Biohazard” disposal facilities for masks worn by the general public?

Last edited:
Not here, people either take them with them or throw them on the ground after shopping.

Because I’m a curmudgeon and I hate being told what to do.

But mostly just because they weren’t a thing when I was a kid, never got in a habit of wearing them and at my age change is annoying.

Because I’m a curmudgeon and I hate being told what to do.

But mostly just because they weren’t a thing when I was a kid, never got in a habit of wearing them and at my age change is annoying.
I didn’t like wearing one either. Until I got hit head on by a drunk and my face ended up hitting the steering wheel.

No one seriously protests against seat-belt laws, even though NOT wearing one does not endanger others.
You’d be surprised. When cars were mandated to have seatbelts some people cut their seatbelts out. No one was going to force them to be tied up in a seat belt!

When train technology was developed to automatically apply the brakes to all the cars, people argued against that. They liked having a brake man better. This was a person that ran along the roof of the train cars to turn a brake wheel on each car, one at a time, sometimes falling off to his death.

I’ve said “people.” By “people” I mean “USA Citizens.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back