Biden Projected Winner, Rollbacks on Pro-Life and Religious Liberty Protections Expected

• Thread starter Thread starter JimG
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not want to use such harsh words. But it might be interesting to explore, why is there a need for a special protection for religious ideas?
And this is why your side is losing religious voters.

And this is why your side is losing religious voters.
Only some percentage of them. But most people are quite happy with the limitations imposed by society. They realize that the limitations protect them, too. Many Catholic women use contraception and some even have abortions.

That in a pluralistic and secular society there are different ideas.
And the secular part of society has the right to impose value judgements on people who disagree because of religious beliefs?

And the secular part of society has the right to impose value judgements on people who disagree because of religious beliefs?
Our society IS secular. Not just some “parts” of it. And every society is based upon FORCE, and imposes limitations. The higher number of people agree agree with these limitations, the more stable the society is.

why is there a need for a special protection for religious ideas?
For the same reason as free speech, right to arms, property rights, due process, etc.
The protection prevents government interference in the inherent rights.

Our society IS secular. Not just some “parts” of it. And every society is based upon FORCE, and imposes limitations. The higher number of people agree agree with these limitations, the more stable the society is.
The first right in our Constitution is freedom of religion. That’s how important it was considered.

40.png
mercyalways:
The first right in our Constitution is freedom of religion. That’s how important it was considered.
The question is WHY?)
No, the questions is why do you appear to disagree with the first right in our Constitution.
[/quote]

No, the questions is why do you appear to disagree with the first right in our Constitution.
I did not disagree, nor did I “appear” to disagree. I am interested, why the special consideration for ONE kind of speech?

It is the basis for all other free speech.
Why would it be?
Too bad the life of the innocent babies in the womb are not factored into that premise
You are welcome to do it. And if you would differentiate between the zygote, blastocyst, embryo, fetus and child, we could have a mutually polite conversation about it. And we might even find some common ground, too.

For myself personally, I differentiate between all those stages of development. I also differentiate between newborn, infant, toddler, tween, teenager, young adult, middle-aged, and elderly. They are all developmental stages of any individual human being.

For myself personally, I differentiate between all those stages of development. I also differentiate between newborn, infant, toddler, tween, teenager, young adult, middle-aged, and elderly. They are all developmental stages of any individual human being.
That is not questioned. What is important is to acknowledge the QUALITATIVE differences between between the stages.

Conception to natural death …100% a human person …

If you would stop differentiating between protections afforded in law between species - as in unhatched Condor and Eagle chicks and unborn Killer Whales have more protection in US law than an unborn child - we could have a meaningful conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back