Bubonic Breeding ground? Dr Drew

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rockoh22
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rockoh22

Guest
I came across this, I know things in California are getting worst, and also am aware that the bubonic plague never really left, there are cases every year in the U.S. and other parts of the world. But now California is becoming a recipe for breathing ground. Sad state to which people are living there.

I read somewhere else that there is a Poop Patrol in San Francisco and that they can make up to $180,000 a year. If this reports are true, something needs be done.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/47888/bubonic-plague-likely-already-present-los-angeles-joseph-curl
 
Last edited:
Two things would make a huge difference. The first would be loosening zoning laws to allow the supply of housing to rise to demand. When you need to be almost in the 1% to buy a starter home, the market is broken. The second would be cracking down on “quality of life” crimes like public defecation, urination, camping in public places, etc so that you wouldn’t have to worry about paying people to pick up human feces, used drug needles, condoms, etc.
 
These conditions have been allowed to fester right in front of their eyes and noses. Why should they have reached the plague level, infectious diseases, basic hygiene not enforced, drug needles, HIV spread, on and on.
Every Hollywood movie maker, director, actor; all comedy late night shows, music artists, anyone in the entertainment industry should be made to feel ashamed of what has been done to California - about 99% of them are Democrat.
 
While it is easy to blame others. I think it is best to simply bring the issues to light, so they can be solved. I’ve followed some news that NY and Seattle are having similar issues. But the Bubonic plague has been mentioned for California.

I have not heard much about Miami, Boston or Atlanta.
 
I don’t think the “black death” cares one iota about who it infects…or who’s to blame…Republican or Democrat…if it mutates into a different more virulent strain where it becomes resistant to antibiotics it won’t care who it kills…man woman child…
 
Edited your topic, I think you meant “breeding ground” 🙂
 
The second would be cracking down on “quality of life” crimes like public defecation, urination, camping in public places, etc so that you wouldn’t have to worry about paying people to pick up human feces, used drug needles, condoms, etc.
I’m not sure how any of the “quality of life” crimes could be cracked down upon.

In order for people to not pee and poo in the street, they need public bathrooms. But public bathrooms turn into drug dealing spots, or spots to buy and sell sex. So what to do? Public urinals and poop troughs?

Camping in public places–what is the alternative? Jail? Wouldn’t that create as many problems as it solves? Jail is for criminals, not the homeless, addicts, and the mentally-ill.

There apparently aren’t enough shelters in the big California cities, so should they build more shelters? Where? There isn’t a lot of space left that doesn’t cost a million dollars a square foot.

There is definitely not enough public housing, and even if there was, do you let drug addicts and people who are mentally-ill and unstable stay in public housing? I’m not saying that all drug addicts and mentally-ill people and people who are unstable will trash things, but…we gotta be realistic here.

How about tiny houses? Or cardboard houses–I’ve seen some stories on TV about how cheap-to-make and highly effective these heavy cardboard houses are?

If not cardboard, then some other cheap building material. i wonder if all those plastic straws that are choking the sea turtles, along with all the plastic soda bottles and plastic everything could be re-cycled into some kind of cheap, small shelter for a homeless person.

Appeal to the families of these people to help them? I’m guessing that many of the families of the homeless addicts and mentally-ill have gone through hell on this earth trying to help their relative, and would probably slam the door and/or go into hiding if they were approached by social workers from California begging them to please take responsibility for their homeless relative. Some people have the resources to put their relatives into rehab centers over and over again, but most of us don’t have that kind of moolah! And the emotional toll on the family is awful.

Turn the homeless over to the churches? I think that would be the best solution, since that’s what we Christians are supposed to be doing–helping the helpless and restoring the desperate. But we can’t expect any help at all from the government because of hyper-vigilance about separation of church and state. I’ll bet the first time we mention “God”, the government would fine us.

I don’t know the answers. I don’t think cracking down is the best answer, though.

Probably the best answer is making darn sure that kids don’t fall through the cracks while they are growing up, so they won’t end up homeless as adults. I don’t see that happening anytime soon in the U.S. :cry::cry:
 
Stop allowing the filth to multiply - rid the streets and parks of the trash, no tents, rugs, tarps, boxes whatever is used/discarded. No sleeping or lying on grounds - when there is no ability to hang out the desperate will go to the shelters where they will have to meet sanitary and limits on their behavior. What is needed are people with the responsibility to manage the community to manage!
 
I work in downtown LA and the homeless problem has only increase, partly due to investment groups buying up everything and creating high end housing beyond the meant can pay. Beyond those on the street there’s also an “invisible” rise in homeless who live in their cars/RVs.

I’m not sure what the real solution is. Loosening zoning laws will only result in even more high priced upper end housing with they older housing being renovated into more expensive housing. There’s also a huge mental health crisis simply based on watching so many argue with imaginary people.

For now, all I can do is donate to several charities and keep the rent reasonable at the property I rent out in the county.
 
What about when the shelters are full? What about people who are banned from shelters?
 
This is a complex issue, because even if you give free housing away, people will still prefer the streets. Many of them are simply mentally unstable. This is a mental problem for the majority. And people being kicked out of shelters is due to the shelters inability to provide for more than they have.

I think an imperfect but possible progress could be to have a large area of land dedicated to this people. An open place where the law sends them. Not a fenced area, but an open field, where people can live in tents.

Why do I say this? Because then we can provide doctors, education, and basic necessities for them, and at the same time we can have a cleaning crew to disinfect the area of hazardous waste.
 
My old hometown … I saw this coming years ago and left.

Excuse me while I pray for my relatives and friends who still live in California.

Speaking of open areas to put them in, I seem to recall a rather large encampment out past Salton Sea or something like that. But I can’t find any news of it now.
 
That would be a problem. It should not be a place to place them and forget about them. It is actually a place of care, to which I see may work. A place where resources can be use, and people can be found. How many of this people have family members that have no idea where they are?

Well it is just a thought, as I do not see it coming to fruition.
 
Deport them back to their home towns/states.
If they’re American citizens and they’ve committed no crime (unless you decide that being homeless is a crime), what statute can you imagine that would hold up to a Constitutional challenge.

This has everything to do with the wider society trying to wash their hands of a problem, and that problem not going on. Criminalizing vagrancy didn’t work in the 1930s, and it sure won’t work now.

How about more shelters, more drug treatment (including clean injection sites), more mental health services. You can either pay to fix, or at least mitigate the problem, or you can pay much much more for policing, emergency room care, etc.

And really, where in all these “muscle those homeless bums out” do I see Christian charity? One of the things that earmarked early Christians from their counterparts in the 1st and 2nd centuries was their care for the poor (yes, poor people existed even back then). Now, all i see is middle class people whose charity has basically been erased. I’m not sure what brand of Christianity that is, but it certainly doesn’t look like the kind of charity and hope exemplified in Matthew 6:25-34.
 
Amen…

This is why I think that a big open location where they are sent by law, which can happen, would be a good start. It happens in many places. The police do not let homeless in traffic lights where I live because it is dangerous for them, since many that do are mentally ill.

So they are sent away, but I do not know where. Which is not cool. SO homeless are forced to go live in woods and areas that are not secure.

Having something like a tent city would be a good start. However there needs to be a good implementation, because there needs to be security for them.

Not only that, but now “we” who want to help them, can go to a place and find them, so we can also provide support.
 
Deport them back to their home towns/states.
It would be easier and cheaper just to rationalize their welfare system so it isn’t so inviting to “carpetbaggers”. Then they would deport themselves.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top