N
nfinke
Guest
I don’t think it’s possible to “not believe” in something if you don’t even know what it is you’re not believing. A sin has to be a choice, and true ignorance isn’t a choice.
Are you talking about a Creator in general, or in the Gospel revelation of Jesus?I don’t think it’s possible to “not believe” in something if you don’t even know what it is you’re not believing. A sin has to be a choice, and true ignorance isn’t a choice.
Yes I agree, one has to hear the gospel message in order to reject or not believe it.I don’t think it’s possible to “not believe” in something if you don’t even know what it is you’re not believing
I disagree w/the commentary.So, yes, according to Catholic Bible commentary, this is referring to those who were not saved by the ark but by repenting before they perished in the flood.
In all charity, I don’t see where St. Peter is saying you can be saved without belief or by rejecting the Gospel
Let’s face it…It doesn’t need to imply the whole world repented before the flood…
but that they too were shown the Gospel news, and able to turn on account of the love of the Son.
So perhaps I wasn’t clear but I didn’t indicate nor does the commentary indicate that the entire world repented before the flood but this is what Haydock Catholic Bible commentary says"There’s nothing in Scriptures which would indicate that the entire world of people repented BEFORE the Flood…
I agree we must repent, believe and do good works to enter God’s kingdom and that purgatory exists for the purification of those who obtain salvation, prior to entering heaven. I do also believe Christ when He said there would be those who go to eternal punishment, so I am not sure if we are just misunderstanding each other or if you are saying these passages indicate that everyone goes to heaven? Not sure?Full Repentance for Purity - exists even for us… as a necessity for Entering God’s Kingdom
If we are not Fully Pure when we die - in spirit we go to Puratory for Purification…
I hold on tight to what Scriptures say - Including this from JESUSSo perhaps I wasn’t clear but I didn’t indicate nor does the commentary indicate that the entire world repented before the flood but this is what Haydock Catholic Bible commentary says"
So I believe that Scripture also, I am just not sure what you are saying it means. The flood did come and took them all away but it does not say it took them all to heaven."As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39
and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away.
That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."
I’m not saying they went to Heaven.The flood did come and took them all away but it does not say it took them all to heaven.
Are you saying something else I am missing.
So, “them” in the passage is the 8 who went to Abraham’s bosom?When our Lord went there He Preached the Gospel to them
This from the Genesis Account fills in more of the Picture.Maybe some knew, and were warned. As in those living close to Noah. But there were others who were much more ignorant of the warning?
We cant be sure from these few passages.
What seems to be consistent, is that the Gospel is the fullness of the mercy of God, and when people in our days, or before Jesus, are revealed this about God, they have an opportunity to turn in heart.
No. Them is everyone but the saved 8… Them is the rest of the whole world.So, “them” in the passage is the 8 who went to Abraham’s bosom?