K
Keikiolu
Guest
I’m arguing that Jesus DOES listen to His mother because He too applies the laws which He revealed to us.Quote:
Originally Posted by Keikiolu
Honor thy father and thy mother.
You’re arguing that God (Jesus) in heaven (eternity) has to listen to a being (Mary) he created, purely because she played the role of mother to him for the brief period (33 years) he was on earth. (temporary)
Are you contending that He CAN’T listen to His mother?
Jesus is a person (in our time, contained within the divine perspective of eternity, wholly man and wholly God) whose history includes Mary, with her unique relationship to Him, and whom it would be “unlikely” that He would disregard entirely, simply out of christian charity.
I don’t DEMAND that she speak to Him. I don’t demand that He listen to her. I find it ludicrous that she wouldn’t help her Son’s people if asked, and that He would refuse to listen to her.
Quote:
Why would he NOT listen to his mother,
Jesus never acknowledged Mary as his mother.
usccb.org/catechism/text/pt4sect1chpt2art2.htmJesus never once called Mary “mother”, he always refered to her as “woman”.
Are you saying that Mary wasn’t the mother of Jesus?
He most likely didn’t “acknowledge” that his left tibia was his left tibia either,… but that doesn’t change the relationship.
Quote:
if she had important information to tell him from us,
God (Jesus) is omniscient.
When you lie on your bed and think bad thoughts, guess what? God hears them.
This is what comes of a view where we creatures have no free will to make decisions because God has predestined the course of time in the un-mysterious way that the contents of a book are a predestined “story”.To say that Mary in heaven has information from us to pass on to Jesus that he didn’t know about calls God’s omniscience into question.
It divorces us from all meaningful action. We can thus do nothing that is of any value because “it’s all written”, as the words are written in a book.
I choose to believe that the reason that God created us in a world of time is to give the souls he creates a place to grow to know Him, gradually, by a process of edification that helps us to sense His freely given grace and WANT to be with Him.
“Gradual edification” is key in the preceeding.
Part of that edification is God’s allowing us poor time-bound short-lived creatures to have divine “helpers” (intercessors), which He created for us from among us.
Jesus always hears our prayers directly, and through Mary, and through the Saints, an through our earthly friends.
Just as I believe in God the Father, and The Son, and the Holy Spirit, I believe that the whole body of Christ, the Church, hears all our prayers, and echos them on toward the only One who can do anything in response to them.
(( You’ll have to take it as axiomatic that I’d never do or say ANYTHING that would lessen God’s omniscience, as that would be to put call God not-God. ))
E pili mau na pomaikaLove,
Rev
i ia oe.