(Capitol of Armenia) Yerevan Claims Turkish Jet Downed Armenia Plane As Fighting With Azerbaijani Forces Intensify

• Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting to compare how states change after historical turmoil.
Israelis, Germans, Japanese, South Koreans are examples of these transformations.
Perhaps something similar will happen in Armenia in the coming decades.

Yes, both in Turkey and in Azerbaijan are authoritarian regimes, and by the way, after these victories, their rating has increased.

Armenia’s ‘Pearl Harbor’ will be a case study in technological surprise​

Military revolution in the Nagorno-Karabakh War

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

For the first time in history, a war has been won almost entirely by unmanned aircraft — by what are technically called “armed drones” or Remotely Piloted Vehicles (RPVs) and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs, guided autonomously).

On Nov. 10, Armenia surrendered to Azerbaijan, ceding control of the disputed enclave Nagorno-Karabakh located within Azeri territory. Nagorno-Karabakh borders Armenia, has a predominantly ethnic Armenian-Christian population that, together with Armenia, has fought to resist domination by predominantly Muslim Azerbaijan.

Thus, the military revolution in unmanned airpower does not depend upon the U.S., Russia or China. Much smaller, less sophisticated nations, like Azerbaijan (militarily ranked 64th in the world by GlobalFirePower.com) can arm themselves with “flying killer robots” and perhaps become giant slayers.
More at:

It can also be argued that Israel has successfully tested the use of drones.
All the same, despite of “hurray”, and Turkish-Azerbaijani patriotic triumph.
I feel sorry for the Azerbaijani Turkish and also Armenian youth.
Theirs countries, for one reason or another, have further alienated themselves from the EU.
After all, to be honest, most of the educated youth of Turkey wants to be transformed according to European democratic standards.
And they, like the Azerbaijanis, have to put up with even greater isolation from Europe in the coming decades.
It seems to me that what is lining up there is running backwards and not forward.
But there are millions of young, educated, talented people.
And very few believe in euro integration.
The tendency of some countries to militarize and flex their muscles is good for hurray-patriotism, but within states there are so many profound unresolved civilizational internal problems and tasks.

Saw this, I don’t know of how much else is happening:

Land Mine Kills Officer As Search Continues For Armenian, Azerbaijani Missing​

A land mine reportedly killed an Azerbaijani officer and wounded several ethnic Armenian officials and a Russian peacekeeper in Nagorno-Karabakh on November 23, in the latest reminder of lingering obstacles to identifying the dead two weeks after a cease-fire between archfoes Armenia and Azerbaijan.

The Russian Defense Ministry announced the land-mine incident.

It said a group of its peacekeepers, Azerbaijani troops, ethnic Armenians from the area’s de facto leadership, and International Committee of the Red Cross representatives were searching for the bodies of missing soldiers in the Tartar district northeast of Nagorno-Karabakh when the mine exploded.
More:

Land Mine Kills Officer As Search Continues For Armenian, Azerbaijani Missing (rferl.org)

For more than six weeks, Azerbaijan and Armenia fought a bloody war, but few details emerged of the true scale of military casualties.​

Azerbaijan made significant territorial gains but gave no casualty numbers, while Armenia said last month it had counted 2,425 dead soldiers.

Now Azerbaijan says 2,783 of its forces died in the Nagorno-Karabakh war and another 100 are missing in action.
The final figures. I was reading one analysis saying these two are bound to have another round of fighting.

Almasdar news says SOHR (Syrian Observatory of Human Rights and organization I find fairly credible): :

https://www.almasdarnews.com/articl...zerbaijan-after-resettlement-failure-monitor/
BEIRUT, LEBANON (4:45 P.M.) – The Turkish-supplied Syrian mercenaries have returned to the areas controlled by the militant groups in Syria after fighting alongside the Azerbaijani Armed Forces in the Karabakh region, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) reported on Tuesday.

Citing reliable sources, the SOHR report said that over 900 Turkish-backed Syrian mercenaries returned home after Azerbaijan refused to resettle the militants in the areas seized by the latter in the Karabakh region.

“Reliable sources have told SOHR that new batches of Turkish-backed Syrian mercenaries have returned to Syria from Azerbaijan, as all Turkish efforts have failed so far to maintain them in Azerbaijan. It is worth noting that the Azerbaijani government refuses to allow these mercenaries to be settled in Nagorno-Karabakh or other Azerbaijani areas,” the monitor said.
So, we will see that’s actually pretty bad. I’m sure Turkey and Azerbaijan would deny this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back