Cardinal Dolan: I wouldn't deny communion to Biden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump was raised in a liberal Presbyterian denomination. I don’t know what he is now. He does surround himself with “non-denominational” and certain Southern Baptist figures.
Regardless, communion is rarely observed in the traditions of these figures (e.g. quarterly).

Other orthodox/conservative Protestant pastors who recognize some form of the Real Presence have said Biden and others like him would have been denied communion if they didn’t desist. Maybe this is why so many Catholic politicians openly take positions that are contrary to the views of the Catholic Church and why conservative/orthodox/evangelical Protestant politicians seem less likely to be like Biden on these issues.
 
Last edited:
Joe Biden doesn’t have to have voted on any abortion bills one way or the other for this Canon to be applied anyhow. We have his campaign promises (which I shared above) that state what he would do (or try to do) if given the chance. There’s already a sin here, in knowing what the Church teaches and making the decision to rebel against it. He doesn’t have to be given the chance to put pen to paper; Jesus said that a man who lusts after a woman has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Although he didn’t do the act of adultery, the intent was there, and so sin is accounted, is it not? So of course making the decision that Biden has to defy the Church, and then going on to announce his plans for the country publicly, is also accounted as sin.
 
Do you know who he is talking about there? Lol.
Not into the Ressurection did we get into the picture.
 
A Catholic presidential candidate. Considering our history, it is special and rare. I admit
 
This was a statement to Jews about giving pearls to swine( gentiles). At least that is the classic scholarship if I recall.
Some place in scripture ( forget where) Jesus actually alludes to his earthly ministry limited to Jews. It I not until he is Resurrected, Christ Jesus that he is the Universal savior. Where we are saved EN CHRISTU.
 
I always thought it was pretty cut and dry that priests should deny communion to someone they knew for a fact was not in communion with the church. Wouldnt the other option be considered the sin of scandal on the part of the priest, or something of a higher order? Scandal is behaving in a way that drives others to sin, but placing the eucharist directly on the tounge of someone who you know is committing a grave sin by consuming it seems a step above, im not sure if there is a word for that though.
 
Last edited:
And everything you presented would have to be addressed by Joe Biden’s Bishop, not a parish priest in a different dioceses.

As I stated before, Biden’s flip on the Hyde Amendment, shows a lack of character which in my opinion, removes him from getting my vote for president.

But again, it’s Biden’s Bishop’s responsibility and pastoral care must be used in this situation.

Making the Sacrament a tool to create political scandal as happened, is wrong and I highly doubt Jesus would approve. After all, Jesus gave communion to Judas before even though he knew he was being betrayed.
 
But again, it’s Biden’s Bishop’s responsibility and pastoral care must be used in this situation.

Making the Sacrament a tool to create political scandal as happened
Is it a possibility for the bishop do deny him Communion?
 
But again, it’s Biden’s Bishop’s responsibility and pastoral care must be used in this situation.
the local priest must follow the direction of his own bishop.
Because of the influence that Catholics in public life have on the conduct of our daily lives and on the formation of our nation’s future, we declare that Catholics serving in public life espousing positions contrary to the teaching of the Church on the sanctity and inviolability of human life, especially those running for or elected to public office, are not to be admitted to Holy Communion in any Catholic church within our jurisdictions: the Archdiocese of Atlanta, the Dioceses of Charleston and Charlotte. Only after reconciliation with the Church has occurred, with the knowledge and consent of the local bishop, and public disavowal of former support for procured abortion, will the individual be permitted to approach the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist.
 
If he wants to choose his political campaign over the Eucharist it’s on him. I don’t see any real effects in the upcoming election so I wouldn’t worry about it.
 
Last edited:
And I’m sure nothing would please you more than having the one with the best chance of defeating Trump quit the race.

Full disclosure: I will vote for Joe Walsh who opposes all abortions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top