Catholic Women Still Press for Ordination

• Thread starter Thread starter dennisknapp
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
AlanFromWichita:
Oops, is that one of those parts of the Bible we were supposed to edit out? I would think so; it isn’t politically correct.

I wonder, too, how about transgendered persons, who are truly males but used to be trapped in female bodies?

Alan
No such animal. If they were born female, female they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by from 1 Cor 14:33-35
As in all the churches of the holy ones, women should keep silent in the churches, for they are not allowed to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. But if they want to learn anything, they should ask their husbands at home. For it is improper for a woman to speak in the church.
I have often read this passage and thought how aptly this refutes women’s ordination. However, I have wondered how this would apply to women doing the readings, singing, or being catechists. Any help on how I should interpret this passage would be much appreciated. Thank you.

The Bible says that women should be quiet in church. This has traditionally meant that women can pray, sing and read The Bible but not preach/teach in church. A priest preaches/teaches while in church. Kinda hard to do this if you have to be quiet. Of course some moron will argue that they didn’t forbid sign language.

Jason Weishaupt

I used to pray for more vocations to the priesthood. I still do - but with a twist: I now pray for 10 vocations to the sisters (orthodox habit-wearing type) for every one vocation to the priesthood. One book brought this on: ‘Marvels of Charity’ by Stewart. Every feminist should be required to read this book before complaining that women don’t have an important role in the Church. One word of warning: the chapter on post-Vatican II effects will break your heart! The good news is that new, orthodox orders are springing up. Check out the website for Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist.

The bottom line is that women have a unique and equally important role in spreading the Faith.

Best regards,
Curtiss

40.png
catsrus:
I had the unfortunate experience while in R.C.I.A. of meeting and getting to know a Religious who was in the process of refusing The Eucharist until The Church ordains women. Last I heard, she was now accepting The Host again “under protest”.
LOL! Accepting the Eucharist “under protest.” This poor person has a shell about ten feet thick!

Maybe we should all receive the Eucharist “under protest” because Judas had a hand in bringing it to us! :whacky:
I last heard that the Religious was leading a prayer group with a few like-minded persons. I was asked to join but politely declined and put as much distance between myself and “them” as possible.
I would go to that sort of thing for the entertainment value. I hate pious oafs whether or not they agree with the Church, and enjoy getting a chance to tweak them.
What is the quote regarding those that lead others to stumble? Scary stuff! 😦
Do you mean one of these?
Matt 18:6:
"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
Mark 9:42:
"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe (in me) to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were put around his neck and he were thrown into the sea.
Luke 17:2:
It would be better for him if a millstone were put around his neck and he be thrown into the sea than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin.
Alan

Steve Andersen:
It will happen

It will take a while but one day we will look upon the ban of women the way we look at Gregory XVI’s politics
And that would be what precisely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back