Catholicism vs Mormonism

• Thread starter Thread starter angel6288
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this arguing back and forth over whether Mormonites are Christians or not is fruitless silliness.
No it is not. It is neither fruitless nor silly. The truth is that Mormons are NOT Christians. I, for one, will continue to say that whenever Mormonism is brought up.

They believe in their own version of Christ.
By that argument even a Hindu can claim to be a Christian by his acceptance of the moral teachings of Christ in the Gospels. I’ve met such Hindus. They consider Christ to be a god along with their gods.

Sure they can and who cares? They can call themselves jellyfish if they want to.

Mainstream Christianity would need to be strictly monotheistic, accept the Nicene Creed, accept no formal public revelation after the New Testament, conceive of God as non-corporeal, etc. And Mormonism is outside the mainstream. That’s all.

Sure they can and who cares? They can call themselves jellyfish if they want to.
I care if a non-Christians call themselves Christians.
You may not care but don’t tell us we should not care.

Last edited:
Mormons are NOT Christians and I will continue to say that. It is irrelevant what they claim to be.

I’m pretty sure the Church has not been in dialogue with the Mormons!

Mormons have every right to call themselves Christians. We have every right to disagree with it. They have every right to interpret scripture as they see fit. They have every right to make up latter-day revelation. It does not offend me in the least.

Mormons have every right to call themselves Christians. We have every right to disagree with it. They have every right to interpret scripture as they see fit. They have every right to make up latter-day revelation. It does not offend me in the least.
Why do you keep harping on about it then?? It seems to bother you that I say they are not Christians (which they are not).

Why do you keep harping on about it then?? It seems to bother you that I say they are not Christians (which they are not).
No it does not bother me. I don’t regard them as Christians either. I just respect their right to call themselves whatever they want. That’s what we do.

No it does not bother me. I don’t regard them as Christians either. I just respect their right to call themselves whatever they want. That’s what we do.
So you appear to have more of a problem with me saying they are not Christians. Why do you keep responding when I say that. If they claiming they are Christians doesn’t bother you why keep bothering me with responses. I assume you will now stop that.

Because the implication is from you and your buddy poster that I should keep quiet and not tell the truth which is that Mormons are not Christians.

Why would I have a problem with that? I already said I agree with you.
However, from your posts you seem to have a problem with me saying that Mormons are not Christians. What was it you said? Oh yes. It is fruitless and silly.

It is. Do you have a problem with me saying that they have the right to call themselves anything they want?

It is. Do you have a problem with me saying that they have the right to call themselves anything they want?
No problem with that so why do you have a problem with me saying Mormons are not Christians?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back