Catholics where do you get your news?

• Thread starter Thread starter SwordofLight
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxnews, Internet (news flashes)
Local news (Puerto Rico)
EWTN
Occassionally the Newspaper (Puerto Rico) (San Juan Star, El Nuevo Dia)

40.png
DrCat:
Foxnews, Internet (news flashes)
Local news (Puerto Rico)
EWTN
Occassionally the Newspaper (Puerto Rico) (San Juan Star, El Nuevo Dia)
  1. Sorry, but Foxnews and Internet should have been on separate lines.
  2. Forgot to include El Visitante (Diocesan Newspaper)

40.png
picasso_13:
Talk Radio…some newspaper…very rare from TV
I am the same with radio and talk radio programs.
(Why did they leave radio out as a choice in the poll? Therefore I cannot partake in this poll!) :confused: :mad:

Go with God!
Edwin

I would really like to get EWTN but it is not offered on our charter cable. I have asked them to consider getting it but not a very favorable response. I have tried to find a catholic station on the radio but only find one from Trevecca Nazarine Univ with Christian Research Institute, and one from Moody Bible Institute. I do listen to their programs but have to filter out what does not go along with my catholic beliefs. I have considered getting a Short wave receiver. I have read that ETWN has a short wave broadcast but I am not sure that would be recieved here in Nashville or not. If anyone in TN knows of a station that has Catholic content please post it on this forum. Thanks

Michael -

If you have a decent Internet connection you can listen to EWTN radio or watch EWTN TV online for free via their website. That’s what we did for a few years before we finally broke down and got satellite.

My family does not listen/watch the news on ABCNBCCBSCNNMSNBC, but we do read magazines like National Review, New Oxford Review, First Things. We also listen to talk radio and have our favorite conservative websites like Drudge, Townhall, etc.

Thank you for this thread! Because of this poll question. I thought it would be an interesting discussion to start a tread about tv, or should I say the elimination of tv in the family ’ diet’.

Please feel free for lively discussion on this idea.

Go with God!
Edwin

The local newspaper, basically. Radio and television simply don’t have enough depth, though I listen to NPR during breakfast. I don’t watch television, except for some of EWTN and some of the Food Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back